2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I think you guys are missing the big picture…

It's not so much on Nike throwing their power around. If Nike & other skate shops drop a sneaker on the same day but one skate shop lists it's price lower than what Nike advertises then it undermines Nike's MSRP & keep consumers from shopping on their site. People are going to stop going to NDC & wait for the skate shops instead. Nike selling at wholesale pricing for shops to take away from NDC's direct to consumer sales doesn't make sense and leave more pairs to be sent to outlets.

And let's keep in mind, Nike didn't say they couldn't discount sneakers. Just said can't advertise it.

I'm ALL for discounts and steals but let's not get greedy and act like we wouldn't pay MSRP for a dope Nike SB.

I think you guys are missing the big picture…

It's not so much on Nike throwing their power around. If Nike & other skate shops drop a sneaker on the same day but one skate shop lists it's price lower than what Nike advertises then it undermines Nike's MSRP & keep consumers from shopping on their site. People are going to stop going to NDC & wait for the skate shops instead. Nike selling at wholesale pricing for shops to take away from NDC's direct to consumer sales doesn't make sense and leave more pairs to be sent to outlets.

And let's keep in mind, Nike didn't say they couldn't discount sneakers. Just said can't advertise it.

I'm ALL for discounts and steals but let's not get greedy and act like we wouldn't pay MSRP for a dope Nike SB.

STOP MAKING SENSE!!!

But it is that....they're throwing THEIR power out there and telling shops what they can or can not do. Nike could list their shoes for whatever they want......but they want to make as much money as they can on a pair of shoes. Why else would they not discount a shoe that's been sitting on their site until after their "EOS" sales? Cause at that point they HAVE to move them unlike when local shops move inventory to move product for future inventory.

Most of us already ignore ndc prices and wait for discounts at other shops already. At least for GRs. I'm sure Nike knows this already but they may just not care as from there POV they still have consumers buying up their product even if it's from somewhere else for cheaper. It's pretty much just them outsourcing sales. They could also be keeping the prices the way they are to maybe fool noobs who don't know better or the paranoid ppl who only believe in getting products straight from manufacturer.

Last edited:
I always liked having nice shoes since high school.

All I got in elementary school was older looking reeboks, adidas, nikes (that retro type high top feel) when all these kids had other air maxs and what not. It was more of I never got what I really wanted and only what my mom gave me. Looking back now, some of those high tops were pretty dope. Just wasn't cool to be wearing them then back in grade school.

In high school, my friend introduced me to this local spot and told me about NT. I think we found it through kicksology. It was the ONLY sneaker boutique in the city and only place to copy SB's (I think). Back then I remember my first visit and seeing e-cues, urls, etc. $90-100 was expensive back in high school, now they seem like a steal. I remember visiting many times and see avengers, stussys, lunars, rayguns, first generation air max 360s, air max 90s, air max 1s, etc in all these colourways and materials you couldn't find anywhere else. $100 was a lot, esp working only weekends at minimum wage. SMH. Wish I copped those early releases. My sneaker addiction really took off when my friend bought me a pair of VC 1's from the outlet. Dope shoes. From there, I always appreciated sneakers esp. finding ones in colours and materials that are a bit more unique. My 'collection' isn't as big as many of yours and I don't really have any 'heat'. Just buy what I like and what I want to wear. Still got some Shanghai 2's DS (that's about as nice as it gets and Piet Mordians DS, which wasn't really that big of a hype, but the colours are wicked). Living in Canada, you only get to wear your sneakers pretty much during the summer so its been difficult to even get a chance to wear them. Also if you work M-F and the weather the past couple years have been terrible. It rains almost every weekend. Terrible.

Anyways, if anyone even read that, thanks! haha.

Gotta dedicate money to other financial commitments/future. This thread realizes how much I've loved having fresh shoes. I'm gonna go clean my VC'2s for tmr now. :pimp: lol

I always liked having nice shoes since high school.

All I got in elementary school was older looking reeboks, adidas, nikes (that retro type high top feel) when all these kids had other air maxs and what not. It was more of I never got what I really wanted and only what my mom gave me. Looking back now, some of those high tops were pretty dope. Just wasn't cool to be wearing them then back in grade school.

In high school, my friend introduced me to this local spot and told me about NT. I think we found it through kicksology. It was the ONLY sneaker boutique in the city and only place to copy SB's (I think). Back then I remember my first visit and seeing e-cues, urls, etc. $90-100 was expensive back in high school, now they seem like a steal. I remember visiting many times and see avengers, stussys, lunars, rayguns, first generation air max 360s, air max 90s, air max 1s, etc in all these colourways and materials you couldn't find anywhere else. $100 was a lot, esp working only weekends at minimum wage. SMH. Wish I copped those early releases. My sneaker addiction really took off when my friend bought me a pair of VC 1's from the outlet. Dope shoes. From there, I always appreciated sneakers esp. finding ones in colours and materials that are a bit more unique. My 'collection' isn't as big as many of yours and I don't really have any 'heat'. Just buy what I like and what I want to wear. Still got some Shanghai 2's DS (that's about as nice as it gets and Piet Mordians DS, which wasn't really that big of a hype, but the colours are wicked). Living in Canada, you only get to wear your sneakers pretty much during the summer so its been difficult to even get a chance to wear them. Also if you work M-F and the weather the past couple years have been terrible. It rains almost every weekend. Terrible.

Anyways, if anyone even read that, thanks! haha.

Gotta dedicate money to other financial commitments/future. This thread realizes how much I've loved having fresh shoes. I'm gonna go clean my VC'2s for tmr now.
pimp.gif
lol
Thanks for sharing your back story with the family brother. REPPED.

I do shorts with high tops all the time.

However, I'm very tall so it might not be quite as noticeable.

I cant wait to rock my Command Forces with some shorts sometime soon

it's thurdsay and i'm drunkj. oh and i ruined my bred 1s. oh and i'm a snkeaerhead. oh and i have 25 pairs in mmy ocllection. show and tell time is over. goodnight

i'm an alcohlic and a sneaker head.
Hahaha what a fantastic post that will go down in the record books. +1

lol would you guys believe I scored Thai Temples for 35 bucks? will post pics when they arrive next week

Wait, I thought skate shops buy the shoes from NDC in lots and sell them at whatever price they want cause they paid for them? It ain't like that?

Wait, I thought skate shops buy the shoes from NDC in lots and sell them at whatever price they want cause they paid for them? It ain't like that?

Naw dog.

Skate shops have accounts with Nike, in which they receive merchandise from Nike for a percentage of MSRP (roughly 55%). Their profit margin is the difference of MSRP and what they pay Nike...so obviously when shoes are sold below retail, they make less money.

haha i wish more of you lived in NYC i would take you guy sout for drinks i liver right in midtwn
I was in Midtown the past two weekends... Got too messed up the night before to fully enjoy the Jay Z/No Doubt concert in Central Park, won free tickets. Also saw Wu in brooklyn the weekend before.

Back
Top Bottom