2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

The first SB I saw that made me look up every skateshop within 100 miles that sold sbs were the bruts. That was dec 07 and by that time the bruts were sold old so I got the GnR mids as my first SB purchase. Weird they were mentioned right above, I never see them brought up or wdywt pics of them anymore. Still love my pair suede got fkd up though so I dont wear much.

I have a very curious question to you guys. Am I the only person who collects SB dunks that doesnt skate? I just love the design of the dunk highs and how similar it is to the Air Jordan 1s which I also like but favor the dunks more just because it has more colorways.
You're definitely not the only one in here that doesn't skate but collects SBs. There is tons of peeps in here that don't skate and it's all good.

Last edited:
First pair for me that got me hooked was from the Black Tape box era Nike SB Low Monoply/Mint Red. Those are my favs & glad I got em for a cheaper price.

Edit: Wish I was around the Blue Box era tho. Smh

Last edited:
I have a very curious question to you guys. Am I the only person who collects SB dunks that doesnt skate? I just love the design of the dunk highs and how similar it is to the Air Jordan 1s which I also like but favor the dunks more just because it has more colorways.

Interesting you post this right now.

I was coming here after a long absence to relay a quick anecdote.

I don't know how many people here do skate, but for those who do (and who are probably old enough to remember), I recently bought a late 90s polo hat off ebay and when I got the package, it turned out the seller was Chris Hall. I know it was the skater because I know he used to rock Lo back in the day.

Personally, I do not skate. I tried it out a bit when I was younger - late 80s/early 90s. I was never really any good, and always played a lot of sports that I was pretty good at, so I just veered toward those.

I remember watching skate videos because they were just pretty cool. And, there's always been an overlap between dudes who skated, and dudes who wrote graff, and rocked Lo and Norht Face. Back when "Soho" was called "The Ville" a lot of those cultures intermingled. "Kids" is a pretty good representation of that - a lot of those extra types were just kids who chilled. So, over the years, I've absorbed some knowledge here and there, though I wouldn't say I know a lot about skate culture.

I got into SB's kinda through skateboarding. A pair of harbors skated sooo well that I was hooked.

Then I started to check out the SB line more and saw a few kids in my high school rockin the de la lows, takashi 1s, stussy lows, pusheads and the dr. feel goods.

Thats when i started to keep up with the new releases and especially remember seeing the skunks at active and really wanted them but since I didn't have any cash waited. Later on also remember the BITUSA dunks.

Once I got out of high school started actually being able to collect and started off with the purple pigeons and the jason vorhees highs. 

Haven't been able to build up a big collection but love rocking every pair that I can get my hands on. 

Good price for one of you 13ers

Item number: 331494413639

I honestly forgot about these

i just didn't like the taped box.
Lol! I knew that's what you meant, but I was just responding to what others were saying about the tape box collection.
I don't skate and never have. I like the color ways, comfort, availability and price. The community is way more chill also.
Never skated because growing up in my part of the city it was all about Basketball and Football.  Dunks have always been my favorite sneaker, so once I found out about SB Dunks extra padding and comfortability as well as the story of each color way I was ALL IN!!! 

that would be a good survey...your first pair of sb dunks that got you hooked....

if this has happened years before then my bad for bringing it back up
Pee Wee's were my first SB purchase because I loved the 'heather' color way and Pee Wee at the theater on the insole. It's also about the time I started making real money and had 'jag cash'/discretionary income.

Thanks for your responses guys. pretty stoked to know that a lot of people are not really into skating but collects SBs. I like the vibe better for this line just because it is not as crazy as the jordan line and the community is very helpful plus there are more colorways to choose from and you really can cop what you want because there is less hype. 

Thanks for your responses guys. pretty stoked to know that a lot of people are not really into skating but collects SBs. I like the vibe better for this line just because it is not as crazy as the jordan line and the community is very helpful plus there are more colorways to choose from and you really can cop what you want because there is less hype. 

This community is definitely very helpful.

NT should build John a statue.

Unfortunately, the transformation of the whole sneaker culture has has just killed my passion.

I've climbed this mountain, so to speak, and the scene just isn't interesting to me anymore. When I say that, I don't mean to say, "I'm over sneakers." I just don't get the same kind of enjoyment out of anything anymore. I still have sneaker-friends, but we don't talk much about sneakers anymore.

I still love sneakers. I still rock all kinds of stuff. And, I love everything too much to just "cash out." I'm just content with where I am, and only come out of the wordwork for a few select things.

Peace to everybody who holds down this thread.

Last edited:

im 29, i used to skate when i was younger. Prob like 13 is when i got my first board. world industrys wet willie board with independent trucks lol. me and my friends skates every day but as i got older other interest came into play. mostly ***** and weed lol. so skateboarding went on the back burner. i dident get into sbs until like 08 . my boy was way into it and got me into it. first pair was the quagmires.  honestly i think its more about the culture and community now  for sb's. **** i remember getting my ccs and seeing nikes first attempts at skate shoes and i laughed, thinking to myself no one wants a skate shoe from nike. they are getting in the wrong business.  back then it was dvs, etnies, globe, es, ect..

First SB's that drew me in were Jedis and Oompa Loompas. They were to dope to neglect.

Mine were Pro B's marrons even if there not "SB" then it was the first sb's i bought were Grits and J-packs in a little shop in malibu called Clout

I was actually into skateing before Sb's really became a thing and I remember all the initial hate that came along with Nike coming to the skate community at first. It initially turned me off, I would be at the skate shop looking at the new SBs and the guys working wouldnt always put them down and say how bad they were for the industy and encouraged me not to spend my money with them. Eventually when they got PROD on the team and shortly after Koston everyone seemed to give them a little less guff and they became more accepted it seems.

Last edited:
This community is definitely very helpful.

NT should build John a statue.

Unfortunately, the transformation of the whole sneaker culture has has just killed my passion.

I've climbed this mountain, so to speak, and the scene just isn't interesting to me anymore. When I say that, I don't mean to say, "I'm over sneakers." I just don't get the same kind of enjoyment out of anything anymore. I still have sneaker-friends, but we don't talk much about sneakers anymore.

I still love sneakers. I still rock all kinds of stuff. And, I love everything too much to just "cash out." I'm just content with where I am, and only come out of the wordwork for a few select things.

Peace to everybody who holds down this thread.
It's great to see you in here again my dude. I'm humbled by your kind words.

I totally see your point. I've had friends say the same things. Stay in the thread though my dude. You're needed in here. Your wisdom and sneaker knowledge is mos def appreciated.

Last edited:

I was actually into skateing before Sb's really became a thing and I remember all the initial hate that came along with Nike coming to the skate community at first. It initially turned me off, I would be at the skate shop looking at the new SBs and the guys working wouldnt always put them down and say how bad they were for the industy and encouraged me not to spend my money with them. Eventually when they got PROD on the team and shortly after Koston everyone seemed to give them a little less guff and they became more accepted it seems.
haha I was just going to say this, I was one of those people that was very anti-nike. Didn't want nike to put their hand into the skateboarding scene and eff it all up for the entire industry. I personally caved, bought the Nike Angus and then shortly after the P-Rod models from 1 - 3 and then janoski's, and finally dunks. 

I can remember walking into Circle-A and seeing some rare dunks that i'd love to have now but back then I could care less for shoes with different color ways. I just wanted what the pros were suggesting. Coming from wearing Vans Rowleys, eS muskas and kostons.

First dunks that reallY caught my eye were Mondrians. Now there's a pair begging for more weartime on my bedside table.

Back
Top Bottom