2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Nice pick up makesomerice makesomerice hopefully one day I'll be able to get these

And I agree the MIA's are pretty but they have to be worn. Can't leave somethin DS forever

Last edited:
yeah wait until Paypal gives you the OK to ship, it's usual random via Paypal with new users, as long as you cover your bases such as sig confirmation, etc. and the buyer turns out to be fraudulent then Paypal will eat the charges
Cool, that's what I figured. Thanks for the reply homie
^^Agreed, sometimes eBay places weird holds on low feedback accounts, did it say if he paid with an check?
Nah, I've had that happen before. Major pain just waiting. Def paid via PayPal normally. Thanks for the reply.

Finally wore these! Celebrating my acceptance to grad school.

mczoot mczoot ironically those dropped on my summer into grad school. Kongrats bro. I wish you very well.

and since we having the first SB's convo I guess I can say mine. My boy gave me Royal JPack Lows for like 100 in 07 that was my first SB dunk period. I think I may have copped those Lebanon SB blazers a couple weeks before that.

Last edited:
Congrats! What will you study?
@mczoot ironically those dropped on my summer into grad school. Kongrats bro. I wish you very well.

and since we having the first SB's convo I guess I can say mine. My boy gave me Royal JPack Lows for like 100 in 07 that was my first SB dunk period. I think I may have copped those Lebanon SB blazers a couple weeks before that.
nthat.gif
many thanks to you both

Have to choose between either Chemistry or Biochemistry/Genetics. Currently leaning slightly towards the latter, and have to decide by middle to end of this month.

I have a very curious question to you guys. Am I the only person who collects SB dunks that doesnt skate? I just love the design of the dunk highs and how similar it is to the Air Jordan 1s which I also like but favor the dunks more just because it has more colorways.
Haha. I dont skate.  Im over 30 now, but when I was 27 I learned to ride a ripstik (random) and it was very therapeutic so I got interested in wheels and decided to try skateboarding.  I built my own board b/c I'm picky AND frugal. I liked it a lot, but could never get an ollie (the sk8board equivalent of not learning how to read) and hated most of what the culture embodied so I couldn't rly advance. I couldnt get down with how rude so many sk8rs were.  There was always this attitude amongst most sk8rs I met of-just figure everything out and we can talk to you once you're kickflipping and doing backside 180s.  I loved the feeling of gliding on wheels though so I looked into longboarding.  It was perfect in Miami...flat and sunny all year.  I built my own board and loved it. That's where I settled.

I was into dunks and SBs long before I was into skating. I'm a sneakerhead at heart. If I had to pick a fav skater though it'll always be Christian Hosoi.
Before dunks, it was Jordan's for me....I rarely buy J's anymore. Part of the reason is the quality is better, and the price point is better. The main reason though is the sense of community here, as well as them not being as hyped, and thus easier to obtain. I've kinda got burned out on Jordan's, just too much work to get what you want...
#QFT

Yup. DMV bred....born in DC...raised in Maryland. I went away to college then lived in Florida on and off for the last decade.  I'm back -as far as I know in the DMV.  If the US ever became unstable though I'd pack up my bags and move to South Africa. It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. 
My girlfriend is from South Africa. I made the trip over there 2 years ago with her, it really was very nice! Nice weather, amazing scenery! I wouldn't mind living there either, although government wise it's a bit of a mess over there.

Noooooo, I missed out on the Nike Dunk Lux shoes and now i'm deeply regretting it. Does anyone know the quality of the shoe? How is it? Are there any websites that are still carrying it?

Noooooo, I missed out on the Nike Dunk Lux shoes and now i'm deeply regretting it. Does anyone know the quality of the shoe? How is it? Are there any websites that are still carrying it?

Whites are a really nice pair, smooth leather that wrinkles at the touch

Black highs have pebbled leather, nice, but I don't know really how I feel about them ( I returned my pair because I bought a size that was too small)

Burnished Leather, I'm waiting to get them in, they've been in transit from Australia for a minute, finally in the US, but appear to be taking the slow trip to me. The pictures look nice though.

As for shops still having them in, depends on what size you wear, you can get them in teeny tiny sizes, but bigger sizes are a pain.

can't be the only person here that used to look forward to getting those ccs catalogs through the mail so I could check out all the new sb's that I couldn't afford back in high school :lol:

Last edited:
can't be the only person here that used to look forward to getting those ccs catalogs through the mail so I could check out all the new sb's that I couldn't afford back in high school :lol:

Nike SB wasn't even a thing when I used to get the CCS catalog. I also liked getting the Church of Skatan and every now and then I'd get a xeroxed zine looking thing from Beach Plus (now known as Plus).

I agree, there is definitely more of a sense of community within NIke SB. I actually sold all of my Jordan's cause I got tired of seeing the same thing over and over again! plus, it was so aggravating waking up early as **** on a Saturday to click refresh 99 times only to still end up waiting an hour for the shoe to still not be available lol
#QFT ...I'll be honest. If I didn't love the art in the designs of kicks I'd be out.  Everyday when I login to IG or Twitter I contemplate leaving it all.  
i'm here...live from the 410.
repp'd for the Harbor reference
Nice to see so many DMVers in here.  
...Remembered hearing of NT from back in the mid-00's when I was on ISS and this place was looked at like the enemy.

I had gotten out of sneakers in college due to lack of funds and other interests that took over (girlfriend who is now my wife).

I still love sneakers but being a newlywed and wanting to buy a house others things come first so not spending like I did.
Wise man.

Lol just browsing SB hashtags on IG, whats up with: 1. People forcing their watch into their pictures in a completely unnatural way? 2. People wearing shoes while holding another pair? 

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
THIS is my LEAST favorite. I thought it was just me.  The watch shots have replaced dudes doing pirouettes in puddles for pics.  The multiple shoes in one pic have been dubbed my #1 sign you're a hypebeast pic. I make it my duty to try not to follow people who do this. It's daunting to think boys and grown men are being raised to bend down and pose for likes.  Hedonism is at an all time high. We're all hedonists to a degree, but there's not much subtlety or humilty left in 2015.

...Does anyone know the quality of the shoe? How is it? ....
laugh.gif
...LOOK at them. They look amazing. Did you REALLY have to ask THAT question? They're as nice as they look.
can't be the only person here that used to look forward to getting those ccs catalogs through the mail so I could check out all the new sb's that I couldn't afford back in high school
laugh.gif
I was this way in the mid 90s with Eastbay catalogs. My friend and I would give each other quizzes on the shoes in the magazine and go to school and point them out the next day. 
glasses.gif
nerd.gif
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom