2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Nike knew they could go with 'GR quality' suede on the de las and they'd still sell like hot cakes...but I agree...was hoping for some butter...not margarine...
See, this suede topic always seems to pop up so I figured ill start picking some of you Vet's brains for a little insight.

What do you guys deem to be buttery suede? I have never owned SOMP'S, Quartersnacks, YOTH, Pink Box, or Black box SB's so please don't use those as a comparison.  I personally thought the suede on the DLS low was pretty good. I use the finger swipe method, if it fades and feels good its good with me Would you say the suede on a pair of j packs highs is pretty decent? Or the suede on the Uprise highs was better quality? Or is this good suede convo more of a biased opinion then actual stated facts, if that makes sense...?

See, this suede topic always seems to pop up so I figured ill start picking some of you Vet's brains for a little insight.

What do you guys deem to be buttery suede? I have never owned SOMP'S, Quartersnacks, YOTH, Pink Box, or Black box SB's so please don't use those as a comparison.  I personally thought the suede on the DLS low was pretty good. I use the finger swipe method, if it fades and feels good its good with me Would you say the suede on a pair of j packs highs is pretty decent? Or the suede on the Uprise highs was better quality? Or is this good suede convo more of a biased opinion then actual stated facts, if that makes sense...?

The pack highs was just ok. The suede was the best part but in no way high quality.
The uprise was better, but if you're thinking of buttery, you should go feel up the swoosh on the heinekens or the nubuck on those or slam city's. There's just no comparison to the new stuff.
However, the uprise, quarters and DLS IS ABOUT as good as it gets these days.
SOMP is nubuck so I won't add that, but it is smooth.

my suede opinion is biased because I had the privilege of owning and rockin the 'older box years' dunks and I agree that we're not gonna get that old suede stuff anymore...either because it's unavailable or it just costs Nike too much to use...who knows....maybe one day....a man can dream!

the nappy suede on the bao's was pretty decent.

@Slushman2007 the finger test is a good start for the suede quality...but for me, it usually takes a few wears to determine the quality of suede, especially if the majority of the shoe is suede...I need that comfort factor!

i'll agree with @theLtrain on his take with 'as good as it gets these days'

The pack highs was just ok. The suede was the best part but in no way high quality.
The uprise was better, but if you're thinking of buttery, you should go feel up the swoosh on the heinekens or the nubuck on those or slam city's. There's just no comparison to the new stuff.
However, the uprise, quarters and DLS IS ABOUT as good as it gets these days.
SOMP is nubuck so I won't add that, but it is smooth.

my suede opinion is biased because I had the privilege of owning and rockin the 'older box years' dunks and I agree that we're not gonna get that old suede stuff anymore...either because it's unavailable or it just costs Nike too much to use...who knows....maybe one day....a man can dream!

the nappy suede on the bao's was pretty decent.

@Slushman2007
the finger test is a good start for the suede quality...but for me, it usually takes a few wears to determine the quality of suede, especially if the majority of the shoe is suede...I need that comfort factor!

i'll agree with @theLtrain
on his take with 'as good as it gets these days'

Ahh okay that clears the smoke a bit. So does this better suede not crease as easy after wears? Or is it more of a longevity factor. Thanks for the help fellas!

Last edited:
Now to scoop the corks!!! I've rekindled my love for sbs recently. I left for Jordans but I'm back. Hopefully I don't leave again [emoji]128513[/emoji][emoji]128512[/emoji][emoji]128522[/emoji]

Tony, when you gonna give us that his-and-hers on feet look at BttFs homie? :tongue:
roll.gif
Actually we wore them together on Saturday..... didn't think to take a picture though. Wife says she owes you one; so next time we match them up you've definitely  got a picture coming!

Ahh okay that clears the smoke a bit. So does this better suede not crease as easy after wears? Or is it more of a longevity factor. Thanks for the help fellas!
another good point...that butter suede in the toe box area is much harder to crease

As far as 1's go I only own the Craig Stecyk's and LM's and I do everything I can to avoid all jordans but those Chi's will get my bread without hesitation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom