2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I had a pair of Thai temples that I loved and these are more like them than the actual bocas so I'm in

What's trd mean?
The Real Deal (not my joke, heard it somewhere on youtube..)

sigh those bocas.. the "leather" seems to be same as that on the latest black/gums... terrible ://  ... i dont understand nike on that subject, but maybe from a skating standpoint - shoes dont last long anyway - it makes some sense for them.

pondering if i should get VNDS Dr.Seuss for 90Euro shipped, any input from you guys? cheers

Y'all coming up with some deals.. Yet I see some Reese 'Wheats' Sz 13 for $650 on the bay
mean.gif
I saw those wheats on eBay.  Been looking for a while for a 13 but $650 is damn near double what I would pay. 

All these smaller feet SBs are selling crazy cheap while sz 13ers are suffering. 

13's would be easier to find if they made a 12.5 again, as we discussed earlier, cause alot of us would rock a 12.5 amd 13 would not be as in high demand. That's my theory haha

I died a lil on the inside the day I found out SBs stopped making 12.5. Even had those pee see highs in a 12.5 and sold em like a fool [emoji]128562[/emoji]

sigh those bocas.. the "leather" seems to be same as that on the latest black/gums... terrible ://  ... i dont understand nike on that subject, but maybe from a skating standpoint - shoes dont last long anyway - it makes some sense for them.

pondering if i should get VNDS Dr.Seuss for 90Euro shipped, any input from you guys? cheers
I've thought about this also, at first I thought it was the recession that pushed Nike to make the switch to mostly synthetic leather. But its actually the amazon.... the rainforest, I think it was in 2009 Nike said it wouldn't use leather that was gathered from cattle in the Amazon. So now Nike only uses hides that can be traced outside of the amazon which is rough because I remember reading it was under 10% of traceable leather that nike had for ALL Nike sneakers, and considering the fact that a lot of people skate janos now and synthetic leather is more breathable that seems to be the choice for the people at nike sb. That's partially why tapebox era was super dope to me the levels of creativity and originality were flowing great. Unfortunately the lack of "quality" on suede/leather was a turnoff for most people and so began the decline of Nike Sb...

Its becoming more and more difficult to kill a cow to feed the world let alone to make a sneaker most people wont even skate or appreciate, or even wear for that matter. Cant be mad at that.

jimmypiff jimmypiff That's good background info. I appreciate your perspective.

I cringe a little when Nike gets on a soap box like that. They pay kids 2 cents an hour in Asia to make this stuff. We buy it though.

Thanks man, its mostly because of an extreme vegan ex girlfriend lol

I like to think the people at Nike are good people (or at the very least they try) and I'm glad they left sweatshop labor in the 90's.

Last edited:
The weird thing about the new bocas isn't so much the lack of fat tongue, but the sheer amount of padding removed from EVERYWHERE.

Like the entire neck of the dunk looks anemic. 

I haven't bought a low in ages but jeeze is that dramatically better for skating? 

And oooo goofy boy highs I definitely want to rebuy. THe lows i was never a huge fan of, even though i ended up buying both.

Last edited:
^nice, after finding a pair and wearing it for a day I had to get rid of them. Hurt the hell out of my foot, way too narrow compared to others.

Back
Top Bottom