2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Was thinking the same when I first saw the video.

Or these..

DBDD8A28-E45C-4991-A628-1629A441CC0D.jpeg

Looking at it again, don’t think they’re the Spots. There’s no color blocking on the back ankle tab behind the Nike stitching.

upload_2018-9-10_22-28-11.jpeg

SPoTs:
upload_2018-9-10_22-29-14.jpeg

Last edited:
Well...That’s a letdown...I already have the SPoTs and those are just too close for for me to justify having both...

Maybe if they have some wear off panels or something I’d reconsider but as of now...Hard pass...

Jordan 1's were THE original skate shoe. This is not debatable.

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 9.39.55 AM.jpg
Oh, skateboarding started in 1985 and the original skateboarders all wore Jordan 1s? Thanks for the info man, I'll go let Vans and dudes like Steve Caballero know.

There is a difference between a skate shoe and an SB. SB is a product line. Skate shoe is an item. Jordan 1s were indeed skate shoes in the 80s, but the Jordan 1 didn't become an SB until 2014.

Oh, skateboarding started in 1985 and the original skateboarders all wore Jordan 1s? Thanks for the info man, I'll go let Vans and dudes like Steve Caballero know.
You mean the Cab that is wearing Breds in the picture I posted?

There is a difference between a skate shoe and an SB. SB is a product line. Skate shoe is an item. Jordan 1s were indeed skate shoes in the 80s, but the Jordan 1 didn't become an SB until 2014.
I think everyone understands this.

It's an entirely separate point that if you could find/afford Jordan 1's in 85-87, that's what you skated in.

Thank you for pointing out Caballero is in that photo, I could never make out any of the faces. De facto skate shoe at the time ≠ SB or original skate shoe. Vans were doing their thing for skateboarding well before 1985. And clearly not everyone understands what I said because someone literally said "ALL 1s are SBs."

further reading, which features the famous photo: http://www.classickicks.com/2014/01/get-a-grip-a-history-of-sneakers-vs-skateboarding/

I dissected the video frame by frame (6.1s clip x 30fps = 183 frames), here are the first 100 (where the shoes are most clearly visible):

See, this is what makes the NTSB thread special. Thanks. Yeah, these are the new Diamond SBs I'm sure. The back with the black tab but Tiffany blue "Nike", and the silver swoosh. Just curious if the tongue is Tiffany blue or if it's black. They clearly have blue laces in the video. I'm sure I'll go after them, but they are a little plainer (just based off this clip) than I anticipated.

Eehhh no creativity on those new tiff dunks. Just based on those pics.
Simple cash grab move just like the latest pigeon release.
Funny how they were “dissing” each other but come up with a very similar design on their classic design.
At least we got a tiff high release

Kind of interesting how the silver swoosh wraparound seems to be completely visible on the heel of the new tiffs, whereas most dunks are covered by the NIKE tab in the back.

Tough to see the materials on the new Diamond’s. They do look like a different shade of SPOT’s. But if there is a nice croc leather in there, it would change my level of interest.

Thank you for pointing out Caballero is in that photo, I could never make out any of the faces. De facto skate shoe at the time ≠ SB or original skate shoe. Vans were doing their thing for skateboarding well before 1985. And clearly not everyone understands what I said because someone literally said "ALL 1s are SBs."

further reading, which features the famous photo: http://www.classickicks.com/2014/01/get-a-grip-a-history-of-sneakers-vs-skateboarding/

Cease fire...I didn’t mean to start a firestorm with that little off hand comment...Been posting long enough to make clear that the 1’s were my introduction to skating...I’ve also posted several non Nike SB skate shoe related videos in here as well...Did it because like minded skate fans might get a kick out of seeing a pair of Yeezy’s or Jordan’s being skated...

Didn’t mean any negative connotation to the actual SB line (I.E. ‘02 Dunks on) or mean to imply that 1’s are actually SB branded / produced product...Simply meant that all 1’s are skate shoes, in my eyes...Again it was an off hand comment not meant to turn into a debate...

Long story short...This is the towel I’m throwing in here, waving the white flag :lol:...

Back
Top Bottom