2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I like the Freddy Kruegers
The way they incorporated everything, the silver swoosh

I wish they would make sb dunks nowadays as inspired as some of the older sb dunks.
The jedi for example, there's soooooo many ways to use that format now with pop culture.

from what I've pieced together through the years is they were produced, then the whoever owns the rights to Freddy Kruger sent some sort of C&D. Nike decided to destroy them. The factory threw them in bags and poured oil in them, which is why some are stained. Factory workers snuck them out and sold them. Also read that some store in either Brazil or Mexico were able to release them before returning to Nike.

Not sure how much of that is right or wrong so take it with a grain of salt. Hopefully someone comes through and corrects me, because to be quite honest I've only seen a bunch of hearsay and nothing concrete.

TIL

Congrats! carolinakickg carolinakickg
nike-sb-baby-dunk-sb-jersey-gold-real-pink.jpg

nike-sb-baby-dunk-sb-jersey-gold-cascade-blue.jpg

Well played sir. Btw I watched one of your vids and you seem like a decent dude. Nothing personal. Still don’t understand why you think these finna skyrocket tho’.
I just know the price I would sell for I’d be able to sell for more now due to others wanting it, thank you i appreciate that I don’t take things personal just a NT thread things just get misconstrued through text haha

Toyota makes great cars and I won't stand for any slander against them. Learned to drive on the family's 03 camry, did me well for six years til I bought myself my own car last year. If you don't respect toyota, I know you a fool for sure. My only regret since buying a car is that I didn't get the 18 camry.

the fact that the dude used finna was enough for me lol. . yo these expensive a88 shoes are gonna be even more expensive now. ya dig
I honestly didn’t know the grammar police were in full effect on here but jeez :lol:

Last edited:
I like the Freddy Kruegers
The way they incorporated everything, the silver swoosh

The details are unreal and so well executed.

When I first saw the Freddies I didn't even know they had never been released. I was just getting into dunks and I was browsing pics sometime in 08 and I saw them and instantly knew I wanted them. After looking around I saw the whole story about the C&D (which IIRC it was the studio that did it) and was so bummed about it. Even if these had been a massive GR they still would have been my favorite dunk of all time. I have never doubled up on a shoe but I would have tripled on those.

Speaking of Halloween, were those black/orange mids the last Halloween themed dunk they did?
I know there were those non Sb coffin dunks but can’t remember which came first. I’d be down for a new one every year.

Speaking of Halloween, were those black/orange mids the last Halloween themed dunk they did?
I know there were those non Sb coffin dunks but can’t remember which came first. I’d be down for a new one every year.

The mids were 2014.

Edit- nvm forgot about the Marnell mids.

Yeah I just looked for a pair and there are no listings on StockX and only a 9.5 on goat. Bummer. I remember when they dropped I refused to do mids at the time. Would Love to get my hands on a pair now.

Ok since I wasn’t around when the Freddys happened.... can someone explain how it went down?
I know it was a cancelled release but why are there different versions?

from what I've pieced together through the years is they were produced, then the whoever owns the rights to Freddy Kruger sent some sort of C&D. Nike decided to destroy them. The factory threw them in bags and poured oil in them, which is why some are stained. Factory workers snuck them out and sold them. Also read that some store in either Brazil or Mexico were able to release them before returning to Nike.

Not sure how much of that is right or wrong so take it with a grain of salt. Hopefully someone comes through and corrects me, because to be quite honest I've only seen a bunch of hearsay and nothing concrete.

@downyboy post is pretty good. @volksnuts There was a lot of fallout from the Freddy SB scrapping. When the pictures of the Freddy’s dropped pretty much EVERYONE loved them. It was supposed to be part of the Halloween pack that included the Jason High and the Day of the Dead Trainer. New Line Cinema got wind of the Freddy SB and hit SB with that strong C&D. From what I remember, there was only one authentic release pair that could be proven to have been purchased from a legit Nike retailer and that pair came from a Nike Las Vegas Outlet. There were rumors that a store in Mexico had released them as well BUT that was never proven to be true and there was a lot of people saying that that store never released them and sent them back to Nike SB ASAP. The Halloween pack was picked apart as well, the Jason Highs were changed to keep another C&D from coming and that’s why they look different from the sample pair that was set to release. The Day of the Dead Trainer was trash from the jump so nothing needed to be done there, lol. So with the Freddie’s scrapped Nike SB released the revamped Jason’s, the DOTD Trainers and they put out another run of MF Dooms. That’s why Dooms come in Purple Boxes and Gold Boxes. The one from the Gold Box era was released to make up for Freddy’s getting canned.

The different versions you see of the Freddy SB come from the different sample pictures that were leaked of the shoe early. From what I remember there were like 3-4 sample versions that were floating around. The only LEGIT store that I EVER SAW that had an authentic sample pair versions of Freddy’s was RIF LA. The sample versions ranged from no blood on them, to speckled blood, to weird looking blood droplets and then what was the final version that you all see. It was said that employees took all the pairs out back, drenched them in oil and burned them but I honestly don’t know that to be fact either. It’s all rumors to how they were disposed of in mass.

(Pictures of the sample versions)
0F944560-E9B8-427E-8A2B-1487C243CB19.jpeg

8CFC0DAF-65D5-4DDB-BD52-FC5B6D7817E1.jpeg

They really need to bring back the OG tooling. I think it would be huge for the brand. Even those neon j packs look better than the release.

I know you’re watching Nike.. give the people what they want :lol:
Neon jpacks and loons got a lot of hate when they released, even though loons didn't have the full new tooling (no new outsole or heel pad, just widened toe vamp). Lotta folks just didn't like the fact that coveted samples became GRs. Not me though, I was happy with my loons. I passed on jpacks because they were full new tooling.

They really need to bring back the OG tooling. I think it would be huge for the brand. Even those neon j packs look better than the release.

I know you’re watching Nike.. give the people what they want :lol:

The reshaping of the AM1 has done wonders for interest and sales, or at least it seems that way. Even GRs are getting a lot of interest/anticipation. I would imagine Nike having a decent marketing push to show they brought back the old tooling would be the same.

The reshaping of the AM1 has done wonders for interest and sales, or at least it seems that way. Even GRs are getting a lot of interest/anticipation. I would imagine Nike having a decent marketing push to show they brought back the old tooling would be the same.

Exactly. Same can be said for the AJ1. Their resurgence seems largely driven by their remaster in 2015.

Back
Top Bottom