2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

" these peasants fresh as me / tell me how / they still distressin jeans on they couch / rock bands tees from bands they don't know nothin' bout / you heard of iron maiden once, bro that don't even count" - Sir Michael Rocks, "Running Man"
The whole grunge look, in terms of distressed jeans only, doesn’t really bother me either way, as EVERYONE is wearing them (like bell bottoms back in the 70s IMO). Personally, I couldn’t buy a pair of pre-distressed jeans, as all my pairs are distressed from being worn and old-ish, but that’s me. As for the rock tees, I agree. Though I think a lot look dope, I’d feel like the coldest fraud rocking a shirt of a band I know little to nothing about. I’m either an actual fan of any artist I have a shirt of, or there’s a connection I have with them (Nirvana, Sound Garden, Pearl Jam, all being Seattle based groups, and me being a Seattle native through and through). Ultimately, to each his or her own though, just not my cup of tea.

probably rap lol i saw him beefin with sbornothing

tenor.gif

I’m making light of the patreon but in all honesty with regards to the band shirts, to each their own. I admittedly don’t get fashion. I just like that Cool Kids song and saw an opportunity to quote it. Don’t be offended if you distress jeans on ya couch lol

Whats going on guys , I just got caught up again after this rough release. Im glad some regulars got to eat, but ultimately dissapointed more of you guys didnt. I was very surprised to see how many shops went the raffle route, I feel like I entered so many and took L's on all of them. I managed to hit on tactics surprsingly but this release surely felt just as hard, if not, harder than the diamonds.

I must be getting really old because I would have never thought Nike is going to use billion-dollar basketball contract stars to push skateboarding shoes. It's about as bad as rappers wanting to be rock and roll stars now looking like heavy metal dudes.
lol, I remember when Dunks were on the feet of multi million dollar schools in the Big East. St.Johns, Villanova, and Syracuse. I get what you are saying though, but to the point about rappers wanting to be rock and roll stars, I must remember that all are blues children. Plus, Jimi Hendrix made them all stop wearing suits on stage,.even Miles, lol.

The whole grunge look, in terms of distressed jeans only, doesn’t really bother me either way, as EVERYONE is wearing them (like bell bottoms back in the 70s IMO). Personally, I couldn’t buy a pair of pre-distressed jeans, as all my pairs are distressed from being worn and old-ish, but that’s me. As for the rock tees, I agree. Though I think a lot look dope, I’d feel like the coldest fraud rocking a shirt of a band I know little to nothing about. I’m either an actual fan of any artist I have a shirt of, or there’s a connection I have with them (Nirvana, Sound Garden, Pearl Jam, all being Seattle based groups, and me being a Seattle native through and through). Ultimately, to each his or her own though, just not my cup of tea.
I remember asking my cousin's thot gf about Nirvana because she was wearing a nirvana tee and she had no idea what I was talking about. :smh: I then turned to my cousin and looked at him like:
tenor.gif

" these peasants fresh as me / tell me how / they still distressin jeans on they couch / rock bands tees from bands they don't know nothin' bout / you heard of iron maiden once, bro that don't even count" - Sir Michael Rocks, "Running Man"
I have no F'ing clue who Sir Michael Rocks is, but my very first concert was Anthrax opening for Iron Maiden in 1989, I was in 9th grade. Mama dukes had the "there will be people smoking the reefer" talk with me before I left for the show. I'm a huge Maiden fan, in fact, my avatar I made represents them. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom