2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Did the Green Lobster ever release without the special box? Looking to purchase a pair but the listing that doesn’t say “Special Box” costs more than the one that says it for 9.5.

I don’t believe so. But the normal box was inside the special box. Those who copped can confirm.
That’s what I thought. I don’t really care for the special box but if that one is cheaper might as well get that one if I decide to get it. Just find it weird there’s two diff listings.

Copped these from offerup for 135 cuz DS prices are ridiculous rn

4C7AE0DA-1330-4AAF-ACE8-7D88C26EBA8F.jpeg

Did the Green Lobster ever release without the special box? Looking to purchase a pair but the listing that doesn’t say “Special Box” costs more than the one that says it for 9.5.

AFAIK there was no release without the special box. I camped out for both lobster drops at Concepts NYC and remember the SNKRS stash being released with the special packaging and when the campers were finally allowed to get their pairs it was also with the box. They still had some leftover boxes in store in the back room long after being sold out. I still hope that there would be a regular release as well as I like both colors but that's looking slow. Resell prices are still crazy imo. If you do end up getting the special packaging just keep in mind that there's a good chance you wont get every single lace that originally came with them. That was the case for the powder blue laces for the purple lobsters. Even though they were sold as deadstock, every single special box was supposed to come with those laces if I remember correctly. I don't think any skateshops got the special package for purples which might have explained why that might have been the case for the laces going missing and I have seen a video on youtube where someone who copped the green lobsters got an extra bag of the same purple/ magenta laces for the green lobsters... I've also heard that StockX was holding some of the laces for either or both packaging or just not checking to see if the seller included them. That's if you care about laces though.

AFAIK there was no release without the special box. I camped out for both lobster drops at Concepts NYC and remember the SNKRS stash being released with the special packaging and when the campers were finally allowed to get their pairs it was also with the box. They still had some leftover boxes in store in the back room long after being sold out. I still hope that there would be a regular release as well as I like both colors but that's looking slow. Resell prices are still crazy imo. If you do end up getting the special packaging just keep in mind that there's a good chance you wont get every single lace that originally came with them. That was the case for the powder blue laces for the purple lobsters. Even though they were sold as deadstock, every single special box was supposed to come with those laces if I remember correctly. I don't think any skateshops got the special package for purples which might have explained why that might have been the case for the laces going missing and I have seen a video on youtube where someone who copped the green lobsters got an extra bag of the same purple/ magenta laces for the green lobsters... I've also heard that StockX was holding some of the laces for either or both packaging or just not checking to see if the seller included them. That's if you care about laces though.
After some thought I’ll most likely not get them. I care about the extra laces. And for the amount it’s going for I don’t want to take any chances. I bought the special box purple pair from SX a while back in January and it didn’t come with the reef blue laces, that was the only reason why I got the special box. I didn’t even see the disclaimer when I bought it because it was at the very bottom of the page and I assumed all special box should come with it too. I was pretty upset and disappointed because it didn’t come with it and SX wouldn’t take it back. Not going to go through that again.

Back
Top Bottom