2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Function over form. I think Nike has more proper skate shoes out there, vs. days of old. Skaters are wearing more Nike shoes and gear than I think I've ever seen. We might be pining for the glory days, but I don't think the SB Team is focused on winning back the sneaker culture...
On the contrary, between what I’ve been told from my local (one of the lucky places to receive the OL), the way they’ve been doing all these collabs recently, and the obvious use of more celebs and *cring* “influencers” *cringe* marketing/wearing SBs (Dunks to be more specific), I think NSB is making quite a push to be more relevant in the sneaker culture realm. I personally think a lot, but not all, of what they are doing seems super forced, and therefore doesn’t really line up with what has made SBs so unique in the past, but IMO they’re no longer just leaving SBs to the wayside as they have in previous years.

On the contrary, between what I’ve been told from my local (one of the lucky places to receive the OL), the way they’ve been doing all these collabs recently, and the obvious use of more celebs and *cring* “influencers” *cringe* marketing/wearing SBs (Dunks to be more specific), I think NSB is making quite a push to be more relevant in the sneaker culture realm. I personally think a lot, but not all, of what they are doing seems super forced, and therefore doesn’t really line up with what has made SBs so unique in the past, but IMO they’re no longer just leaving SBs to the wayside as they have in previous years.
Yeah, fair point - "focused" is the wrong word. They may be trying harder than in recent years, but I think what I'm trying to say is that the *priority* seems to be making legitimate skate gear.

saw lance mountain jordans down at RIF for 200. so tempted to get another pair
Do it. Today:

CA48A989-2326-4E73-AB89-8103D154D7CE.jpeg

Upon hitting my bowl I could not get over the "hidden" lace tabs. Looks more traditional Imo.

Bought these going in to custom that swoosh! Never seen this idea by a customizer so we will see how to execute. They will be called SB "MAPLE SYRUPS"

15530607711133995611324828352888.jpg

15530620057045482718061106771452.jpg
All you used where scissors?

Picked up supa high and OL low recently. Both very nice.

Just did the same jus now

Now the wait

Stopped by Black Sheep today while I was visiting South/ North Carolina for the week.

They said that they almost out of tote bags for the black OLs. So if any of you haven't copped and want the tote bag, you should probably scoop em soon from them.

Back
Top Bottom