2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

No hate on thin tongues here. Fat tongue be a lil too fat. Need something in the middle. I don’t see how it benefits skateboarders either with team classics, and janos having a thin tongue

No hate on thin tongues here. Fat tongue be a lil too fat. Need something in the middle. I don’t see how it benefits skateboarders either with team classics, and janos having a thin tongue
1393357558.dreamvisioncreations_dsc03749.jpg

The White Rayguns are a must in my book. I’m sure this will be seen as blasphemous by some, but I think I prefer the White Rayguns with the tie dye aesthetic over the original White Rayguns. The original Black Rayguns are/were perfect IMO, and I think the newer pair pales in comparison. But the newer White pair, because the tie dye portion goes from colored to white and the rest of the upper itself is white, looks good IMO already. The grayish tie dye aesthetic added to the upper, going along with the aesthetic added to the colored portion, gives the pair a weathered look. Like the OGs, but worn a little. And the the stark contrast of the colored panels against the white upper was always a slight issue for me, which is why I preferred the Black pair. So this newer iteration of the White Rayguns are great IMO.

As opposed to the huge puffy tongues of the past?? In 2019 2020??

If you don't skateboard they aren't even necessary... Nike made the SBs that way because puffy tongues were the norm with skate shoes back then...

Thin tongues look like regular dunks... regular looking dunks with SB materials/quality >>>> those puffy tongue monstrosities.

I love the puffy tongues though! I hardly ever find the time to skate anymore but that extra bit of padding just makes my feet feel warm and plush. But I'm from the generation that used to stick in an extra tongue to make their shoes EXTRA puffy so there's that too. Why not both though? I want the puffy tongues and THE quality construction/materials.

As opposed to the huge puffy tongues of the past?? In 2019 2020??

If you don't skateboard they aren't even necessary... Nike made the SBs that way because puffy tongues were the norm with skate shoes back then...

Thin tongues look like regular dunks... regular looking dunks with SB materials/quality >>>> those puffy tongue monstrosities.
Doesn't look like a thin tongue to me. Seems to be the same fat-ish tongue that we've seen the past year or more.
Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 4.22.19 PM.png

The White Rayguns are a must in my book. I’m sure this will be seen as blasphemous by some, but I think I prefer the White Rayguns with the tie dye aesthetic over the original White Rayguns. The original Black Rayguns are/were perfect IMO, and I think the newer pair pales in comparison. But the newer White pair, because the tie dye portion goes from colored to white and the rest of the upper itself is white, looks good IMO already. The grayish tie dye aesthetic added to the upper, going along with the aesthetic added to the colored portion, gives the pair a weathered look. Like the OGs, but worn a little. And the the stark contrast of the colored panels against the white upper was always a slight issue for me, which is why I preferred the Black pair. So this newer iteration of the White Rayguns are great IMO.
I agree.

also fat tongues >>>>>>>>>> thin tongues on a dunk low IMO but to each his/her own.

Gonna be in SF for the holiday week. Any shops in SF and surrounding suburbs doing raffles for the rayguns?

black > white for the 2.0s...
as far as tongue thickness, piet mondrians have the PERFECT level of stuffing..

The pink shoes Nicole Hause was wearing the Nike SB instagram post aren't dunks, but Nike SB alley oops. #PacSunVibes #ZumiezSpecials

Back
Top Bottom