2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

The 58 kinda looks like an SB
58 = SB

Mid makes a lot of sense for a Griffey homage.

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 4.39.22 PM.jpg

Both these posts took the words right out of my mouth. Likely a pass for as I'm not a big fan of mids but I have to say execution on these looks on point especially when comparing to the actual griffeys. I remember rocking those as a kid haha

58 = SB

Mid makes a lot of sense for a Griffey homage.

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 4.39.22 PM.jpg
Awww. Kind of like the 58 on the Rayguns right (wasn’t that a play on “SB” for both “skateboard” and “Sandy Bodecker”?
As for the mids making since due to the strap, you’re totally right! I’m looking at my Griffey’s right now, and that went right over my head.

So 2020 is going to have homage to Nike pairs? Infrared and now Griffey’s. Any other pairs the sb community would like to see in sb form?

If these are for real, these will be had no matter what! From Seattle, in Seattle, will always be a lifelong fan of Seattle (even though we haven’t done sht since forever). These are soooo dope IMO. Love the Swoosh on the toe. The only way they’d be more perfect would be if they were a high or a low (mids are at the bottom of the three for me personally), and a different colored outsole (prefer not having midsole and outsole combos that are a single color). But still a 9.5 out of 10 for me. What’s the significance of the “58”?

I HATE mids, and have always hated them...BUT as everyone said, these are way too close to the aforementioned Griffey’s. Favorite player of all time.

95751FCC-2D7C-49FB-943F-34B6D8B9FF3D.jpeg
33CD033A-DA8D-4B02-A68A-B9EF7598E6D9.jpeg
331F6FF1-F8A7-4C80-A390-D2B3F0AE0FED.jpeg

Just got these in from GOAT but box came damaged. Contacted GOAT and see what they will do. They requested more pics of the shoe, 8 digit code on the shoe box, the size tag and inner shoe tag. I still want to keep the shoe but they should at least give me back shipping fees or something

Last edited by a moderator:

Just got these in from GOAT but box came damaged. Contacted GOAT and see what they will do. They requested more pics of the shoe, the size tag and inner shoe tag. I still want to keep the shoe but they should at least give me back shipping fees or something

GOAT is legit the worst when it comes to issues like this and customer service in general. I'm surprised they even got back to you already.

Just got these in from GOAT but box came damaged. Contacted GOAT and see what they will do. They requested more pics of the shoe, the size tag and inner shoe tag. I still want to keep the shoe but they should at least give me back shipping fees or something
Meh. Imo of course, it's not their fault box got jacked up during shipping. I personally wouldn't even of said anything and kept it moving.

The black box “MF Doom” are just an inspiration from the original MF doom dunk high while maintaining the black/purple box color.

Doom/black box has the same ostrich on the toe, clear sole as well as the 3m piping.
A04836AA-15B5-48B3-A5F1-EEC052A9FDBD.jpeg
The gold box had a limited re-release I believe. My Doom’s came w/ the black box.
Meh. Imo of course, it's not their fault box got jacked up during shipping. I personally wouldn't even of said anything and kept it moving.
I had this same mindset until I got a coupon/credit.

GOAT is legit the worst when it comes to issues like this and customer service in general. I'm surprised they even got back to you already.
With general questions it takes them forever to respond. But with actual issues they’ve been responding within the same day if I provide pics. On o
my Parra SB order, the top of the lid have a slice on it, I’m guessing when then authenticator opened it he used too much pressure. They refunded me $30

Last edited by a moderator:
I care about my boxes that’s why I had to let them know. If they could get UPS to refund them for shipping and have that go toward me, it won’t hurt GOAT since it’s not coming out of their pockets.

I’m not trying to take advantage of GOAT or anyone. But stuff like this needs to be addressed or it’ll just keep happening to other buyers.

Back
Top Bottom