2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Maximillion Pegasus Maximillion Pegasus You are 1000% right about the space jam release putting sneakers on the map and I always refer back to that as the turning point. That was the week I joined the ISS/SC forums and the site went crazy. The future holiday XI releases compounded that. Blogs were so much better back then. The following they brought over to IG combined with IG's algorithms def helped boom it into what it is now.

Good insightful discussion is all I want to bring to the thread. There's enough bickering.

if anyone works in a healthcare Profession nike is doing 20% off i just picked up the GTS quickstrikes for 72$

C2111B27-C1D1-455E-95E6-54FA04CA7C5E.jpeg
Thank you!
I work for an eye care clinic and just got approved via my last pay stub. So its worth a shot if you think you may qualify.

btw I directly go to NB when I take a L from Nike. I do no just find something else nike makes to compensate.

Last edited:
I feel like the "sneakerhead" world was a lot more diverse, prior to the last ~5 years. R/sneakers used to be filled with all kinds of brands like Asics, NB, etc. etc. and now its pretty much just Yeezy / Jordan / Off white. Everyone wears / posts the same shoes, and instead of deciding what they actually like and posting a pic of it - the higher the value of the shoe, the more upvotes it gets.

NB had a few collabs lately, but back before Yeezys and AJ1's became a sure fire way to make money - people were a lot more interested about Ronnie Fieg collabs like Salmon toes, and Asics volcanoes, and other non-Nike / Adidas products. How many of these younger "sneakerheads" now even know who Ronnie Fieg is? Not that he's even that cool, but I doubt half of these kids even have a clue what existed before AJ1s and Yeezys

Who else delete their credit card information from END after taking the L every time? I don't trust their website at all

I feel like the "sneakerhead" world was a lot more diverse, prior to the last ~5 years. R/sneakers used to be filled with all kinds of brands like Asics, NB, etc. etc. and now its pretty much just Yeezy / Jordan / Off white. Everyone wears / posts the same shoes, and instead of deciding what they actually like and posting a pic of it - the higher the value of the shoe, the more upvotes it gets.

NB had a few collabs lately, but back before Yeezys and AJ1's became a sure fire way to make money - people were a lot more interested about Ronnie Fieg collabs like Salmon toes, and Asics volcanoes, and other non-Nike / Adidas products. How many of these younger "sneakerheads" now even know who Ronnie Fieg is? Not that he's even that cool, but I doubt half of these kids even have a clue what existed before AJ1s and Yeezys
Assumptions like this are asinine to me. Kids are kids and kids are idiots. Can't really judge them for that. source: I was a kid, and an idiot kid

The high value and rarity thing was always a part of sneaker "culture." I agree, off white nikes and yeezys are dime-a-dozen shoes that I only cared about for the sake of reselling to the idiots that would pay me threefold for them. But flexing always was and always will be part of this game. I got featured on the solecollector website a couple times for my wdywt/pickups, I felt like hot **** for sure. That's why we're all here on NT and IG and reddit - to show people what we got. Plus high value shoes are often (but not always) highly valued because of how nice they are. Even in this thread, my tiffs and supremes got me way more reps than less-coveted colorways like paul urichs or loons.

You're entitled to disagree and I disagree with everything you said. The culture blew up after the 2009 Space Jam release. I remember it fondly because I went back to Syracuse after holiday break and people were asking me about them who weren't into shoes at all. The shoes made national news because of the chaos (literally) that ensued with the release. ESPN close to a decade later exacerbated what the blogs were already doing. Those blogs (SN and Nice Kicks) were getting web traffic in MMs before the "culture" blew up (I know because I used to write for one of them. Won't say which.) . There is an influx of wealth coming in from different avenues but it has nothing to do with kids growing up. It's simply the "in" thing. It's why Nike and Project Blitz are giving Kylie Jenner/Travis Scott pairs of SBs. Where will it be five years from now? This is different from saying the bubble is going to burst. The founders of Stadium Goods already cashed in their chips. I personally know one of them and his foresight has been pretty good and accurate thus far.

EDIT: You mention ESPN, but Bleacher Report had been looking into creating a sneaker based web property in 2013. I personally had that conversation with their VP of Brand and Content. This wasn't an overnight thing by any means. The seeds had been planted.
2009 Space Jam's were my 1st "hype" purchase. I spent $300+ on them, & I did it b/c those were shoes I always wanted since I was child & seeing Space Jam.

One xmas in maybe in 2000-2001 my father sent me 16 pairs of kicks. I only remember wearing the concords, cool grays, columbia's, & occassionally the black toe 14's, but no Space Jam's; which was fine. That's were my love for 11's came from. That model is pretty much the foundation for my love for sneakers.
its all because of instagram.
Cash for clout.

Ronnie Fieg collabs have been more miss than hits lately (a lot of last decade), so he isn't gonna be talking piece amongst the kids. His Kith collab on the 997s fusion was marvelous though. Fair amount of hype, I was surprised they sold out that fast that morning. Annoyed me for month :lol:. Ended up getting them under retail though.

SX. Getting from a store became virtually impossible for me. As far as the color it’s actually like a dark purple that sometimes looks like a dark navy but it’s definitely purple.

Yeah that's pretty much the state we in right now relying on SX since we can't get most stuff the regular way. I just put a bid in on some Parras after verse001 verse001 posted that onfoot really don't know what I was doing to pass on them at release think I was on a break from shoes lol Nice to know the swoosh on the lasers is indeed a purple I thought that initially but then saw some pretty convincing pics that had me thinking otherwise.

Sounds like SNS delayed the release of the Dunks in the US. And that’s why they disappeared from the app. They said more info is coming about it.

not that it matters cause SNS is big trash now, but just thought I’d pass it along.
Raffle shows up in my history as open still as well

Assumptions like this are asinine to me. Kids are kids and kids are idiots. Can't really judge them for that. source: I was a kid, and an idiot kid

The high value and rarity thing was always a part of sneaker "culture." I agree, off white nikes and yeezys are dime-a-dozen shoes that I only cared about for the sake of reselling to the idiots that would pay me threefold for them. But flexing always was and always will be part of this game. I got featured on the solecollector website a couple times for my wdywt/pickups, I felt like hot **** for sure. That's why we're all here on NT and IG and reddit - to show people what we got. Plus high value shoes are often (but not always) highly valued because of how nice they are. Even in this thread, my tiffs and supremes got me way more reps than less-coveted colorways like paul urichs or loons.
Ehhh, imo, the real value lies in the subjective value, of what sneakers you really like, instead of the objective "limited" and "cool" financial value that people like. I never understood the "flex" :lol: maybe cause I'm in my 30s now. I rocked my yeezy 2s on my 33rd birthday last year, and didn't think I was all that. :lol:

When I joined in the mid 2000s, "flex" wasn't what it is now. Dudes had rare samples and huge collections. Impressive stuff. Now it's so saturated with "hyped" sneakers. What's the value? Oooohh, $500? Or $2-$3000? Gotta have it. Need to influence. That really makes it look so vain and flashy. Good thing about NT, theres so much variety. We have some regular folks. On NT we have real original guys that know their sneakers and history. Some drop info. Some start good conversations and stories. What some of these IG leakers do today, people like SnugglesMcduggle used to do on NT back in 2005-2006.

Only reason high valued sneakers are valued high is because of their pretty limited quantity and higher demand. Looking at the retail, and then looking at the resale, the demand has been hyped with the new kids coming into this culture paying higher prices. And these prices help the resellers and richer sneaker consumers who look at the pricetag than the history, colorway, silhouette/design, and material of the sneaker.

Point is, more people these days either want to make profits with sneakers, or they want to stunt and do it for the gram. Hey, look at me, I got money.

No appreciation, knowledge, or genuine like of the sneaker.

Ehhh, imo, the real value lies in the subjective value, of what sneakers you really like, instead of the objective "limited" and "cool" financial value that people like. I never understood the "flex" :lol: maybe cause I'm in my 30s now. I rocked my yeezy 2s on my 33rd birthday last year, and didn't think I was all that. :lol:

When I joined in the mid 2000s, "flex" wasn't what it is now. Dudes had rare samples and huge collections. Impressive stuff. Now it's so saturated with "hyped" sneakers. What's the value? Oooohh, $500? Or $2-$3000? Gotta have it. Need to influence. That really makes it look so vain and flashy. Good thing about NT, theres so much variety. We have some regular folks. On NT we have real original guys that know their sneakers and history. Some drop info. Some start good conversations and stories. What some of these IG leakers do today, people like SnugglesMcduggle used to do on NT back in 2005-2006.

Only reason high valued sneakers are valued high is because of their pretty limited quantity and higher demand. Looking at the retail, and then looking at the resale, the demand has been hyped with the new kids coming into this culture paying higher prices. And these prices help the resellers and richer sneaker consumers who look at the pricetag than the history, colorway, silhouette/design, and material of the sneaker.

Point is, more people these days either want to make profits with sneakers, or they want to stunt and do it for the gram. Hey, look at me, I got money.

No appreciation, knowledge, or genuine like of the sneaker.
I get the impression that a lot people buy shoes they don't even like purely based on hype/popularity. I think it's really bizarre to buy something you don't necessarily like. At the height of my collecting I wore everything I bought as I liked them all. I look at some hype shoes nkw and think they are genuinely terrible. Maybe an age thing, I'm in my 30s so maybe having experience of knowing what I like.

Curious if anyone had any luck on Richmond Hood this morning on Blue Fury? Spent about an hour refreshing chasing size 11

I don’t even mind they mark ‘em up to $200... I got the Spectrum Dunk High from them on Easter at ~$140, they threw in a t shirt. Not in love with paying hype tax, but don’t mind showing love on a t shirt etc to cop at retail/support the shops rather than resellers

I wholly agree with you here. My days online in the early 2010s as a teen were spent swooning over reverse infrared samples, quasimoto samples, phase 2, dependable jay, etc. I had a friend in high school that had tiffs, freddys, supremes, heinekens - we all traded up and down the ladder, never all at once, but still, that stuff was accessible for a 17 year old. I'm still the same way. I've had a few pairs now that were worth over $1k and that I've sold for over $1k and those pairs ain't ****. I'm not impressed by anything that there are over like 200 pairs of.

I grabbed those Nike SB khakis from SPoT that were posted in here last week. Just got them in and had a good laugh when I tried them on. These are the worst fitting pants I’ve ever had :rofl:

End lists a lot of things below retail, too. Overseas retailers selling products from other countries/companies based in other companies always fudge retail prices a little.

Back
Top Bottom