2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

My first post on Nike Talk ! I look forward to being on here for the long run and helping others when I can.

I picked these up on Tuesday from Clockwork Skate Shop (IG: Clockwork_nation). I immediately had to UNDS these and try them on LoL ! I love these.. If you are in Atlanta or the Macon, GA area.. go to Macon Mall and give them a holla. The owner said that he should get more pairs in next week. Unfortunately its in-store only.. no phone orders.
Like everyone else has already told you, that is a really nice shot. I don't like the blue soles of the baos which is why I'm not copping, but damn this makes me respect them.

Please watch the video.

Question #1.) What are your thoughts on this video? When will enough be enough for you when it comes to sneakers?

Question #2.) If other sneaker factories strike like we're seeing in China, could you see Nike bringing their factories back to the USA?  

Question #3.) If you were Nike SB and you could create a SB for your favorite brand of alcohol/liquor what would it look like? Describe what the Dunk SB would look like using the format I've provided. (You can do as many different SB dunks as you want)

FORMAT:

1.) Name of  dunk and is it a dunk high or dunk low?

2.) Nickname of dunk?

3.) Brief description of materials used and coloring on side panels, toe cap, heel, tongue, laces, sole and insole. (I will accept Photoshop canvas picture.)

4.) Explain the inspiration behind the Dunk SB.

5.) How would it be released?

I'm pretty new to Niketalk so I haven't quite gotten into the groove of things but I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised at the "********ness" that occurred today 
mean.gif
. Oh well, it's a new day so let's talk dunks!

Please watch the video.

Question #1.) What are your thoughts on this video? When will enough be enough for you when it comes to sneakers?

Question #2.) If other sneaker factories strike like we're seeing in China, could you see Nike bringing their factories back to the USA?  

Question #3.) If you were Nike SB and you could create a SB for your favorite brand of alcohol/liquor what would it look like? Describe what the Dunk SB would look like using the format I've provided. (You can do as many different SB dunks as you want)

FORMAT:
2.) Nickname of dunk?
3.) Brief description of materials used and coloring on side panels, toe cap, heel, tongue, laces, sole and insole. (I will accept Photoshop canvas picture.)

John, I've always loved these types of posts and never got to answer but I'll try...

1. The video that Optimus made brings up a very good point. I've been collecting on and off since 2001 and like himself, I'm NOT in my 20s anymore and it's a vicious cycle when it comes to sneakers. Nowadays, I worry about paying the rent, paying the car bill, paying the bills and on top of that, supporting a family of 3. It's not easy since this hobby is so damn expensive. I remember back in 2011, I took nearly 50 to 70 pairs to RIF LA and made almost $10,000 off of it. The funny part is that most of those pairs were my rare SBs and other old things I simply don't have time to wear. Now that I look at it, I wish I kept all my SBs and got rid of my Jordans. I think nowadays, I focus on certain brands and try not to spread myself thin everywhere...because that's where it gets twisted. I think if you stick to a certain brand/model of shoe, things can be fine. I only stick with Nike SB, certain things that RF might bring to the table and runners. That is it. Most of the time, I'm looking for 1st-3rd Generation SBs now.

2. If Nike brought their factories back to the USA, I can see two things. #1, pricing can be even higher since the cost of making a shoe here would be 10 times more pricier than outsourcing the labor. #2, if they came like New Balances that are made in the USA, I can see the quality getting good. You would be supporting Made in the USA type goods and it would overall help our economy here. Dual edged sword I guess.

3. Don't need another alcohol type dunk...got DS Heinekens, worn Newcastles and DS Budweiser Highs. :tongue:

Last edited:

Please watch the video.

FORMAT:

2.) Nickname of dunk?

1) I purposely keep my collection small so I don't know. If I can ever go half a year and wear a different shoe everyday then I guess I'll have too much.

2) Nope. There's far too much cheap labor out there in the world. Even if they do bring it back it'll just give them another excuse to raise the prices.

3) I have no idea. I'll sleep on it
laugh.gif

Whats up all, i been collecting sb's for a few years now and i'm just now starting this forum stuff. Imma little late but here's my pickup's last month. I just got the Brazil emb maimi + SPoT special edition box this month in april. i'll post them also i just haven't had time to post them. I'm def a SB head and i love this forum so far browsing through it! thanks 

i justhhavnthaavnt a proud SB HEAD!

FORMAT:
2.) Nickname of dunk?

1. Collecting sneakers, like any other hobby...why? B/c it's fun. You don't have to wear them to gain an appreciation for them, though often that's a big part of them. They can retain/appreciate in value if not worn, so like other collectibles, there is merit in NOT un-DSing them. You don't see stamp collectors thinking "I should really mail something with this old, rare find, otherwise what's the point?" There is no right number, it's up to the individual to be responsible about it. If you're affecting the quality of your life (and those you may support), then it's not a justifiable hobby. And by quality of life, I don't mean, damn, I have to drive a VW 'stead if a Bimmer, that's a conscious choice. I mean more like missing the rent or not putting food on the table coz damn, gotta get me some Tiffs to not rock. If latter is the case, you're doing it wrong.

2. Cost goes up, price goes up. Nike share price would drop immediately on announcement of factories coming back to the States. Not a sustainable business model. Not saying the foreign labor issues are without warrant, but if Nike weren't there, then jobs wouldn't be there either. Again, another balancing act.

3. Patrons. Use of clear material, hits of lime green (for the ribbon), and some cork.

Last edited:

Please watch the video.

FORMAT:

2.) Nickname of dunk?

1. I kind of feel the same way this guy feels. I keep buying shoes and I really dont get to enjoy them because I do not go out as much any more. However I do get to wear sneakers to work and thats about it. For me 100 pairs would be the absolute limit. Once I hit that mark (im almost there) I will either take a huge step back and stop buying kicks or I will continue to donate the used pairs to my Dads church and continue to buy kicks.

2. Regardless of what happens in China I do not think Nike would bring their factories to the US. There is no way they would pay Americans to make these shoes because they would have to pay more than minimum wage plus provide health care. Nike is more for profit and I just dont see them doing it.

3. I don't really drink but I would like to see a Sake inspired Dunk low.

-Style: Dunk Low

-Nickname: Kanpai (Cheers in Japanese) 

-The show would mainly be an off white nubuck with brown stitching. The toe cap and heel would have a bambo laser engraved pattern. The tongue would be the same  off white color. The default laces would have the same off white color and then alternate laces would be brown. The Sole would be a clear pink (to represent the Cherry Blossoms) and the mid sole would the white. The Insole would off white with a picture of a pink Sake saucer on it.

4.Not really sure what inspired me to make this dunk 
laugh.gif

5.It would be a general release but it would have a limited pack (like the Black UCS, Concepts Blue Lobsters, and WPF) where it comes with a sake saucer, suede dust bags, a bamboo box, matching socks, and stickers.

THE PEOPLE WHO I HAVE HELPED IN MY YEARS ON NIKETALK KNOW WHO THEY ARE.

IN THIS SB THREAD AND ALSO OTHER THREADS.

IT IS NOT MY FAULT THAT ONE MEMBER GETS SENSITIVE OVER A RULE I REITERATED; A RULE THAT EXISTS IN THE ROC OF THIS SITE.

I NEVER CLAIMED TO BE THE @John00
 OF THIS THREAD, WELL BECAUSE @John00
 IS ALREADY HIM.

I WILL NOT DEFEND MY HELPFULNESS BY CITING EXAMPLES IN A MAMMOTH PAGE, BUT CLEARLY PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO READ THE ENTIRETY

OF THE BODY OF THIS GROWING THREAD HOULD BE ABLE TO POINT OUT THE CONCEPTS SALE I AND OTHERS POSTED, THE RECENT CORGI AND GUSTO SALES, AND EVEN SALES LIKE SPOT

THE BIGGEST ISSUE MOST PEOPLE HAVE IWTH ME IS MY TYPING IN CAPS OR OFTEN TIMES STEPPING THE LINE W MY HUMOR.

AT THE END OF THE DAY THE PERSON COULD'VE BLOCKED ME IF HE TOOK MY COMMENT OF THE ROC AND RIB ABOUT SNEAKERSTEAL SO SENSITIVELY.

I WILL CONTINUE TO HELP IN THIS THREAD AND OTHERS BUT THERE IS A REASON WHY THE REAL HELP IS THROUGH TEXT MESSAGES, PM, AND PHONE CONVOS

THERE IS A REASON WHY #1059 EXISTS, WHY THE NJ THREAD IS POPPING IN REGIONAL, AND WHY IVE BEEN ALLEY OOPED SO MUCH PRODUCT THESE YEARS, HINT IT'S BC I HELP OTHERS.

SO WHILE I'M NOT A TRIPLE OG I KNOW WHAT HELP IVE PROVIDED.

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU, ITLL KEEP HAPPENING. AND IF YOU HAVE HELPED ME, THANK YOU.

IF I HAVEN'T, THERE'S A REASON.

I HAVE HELPED OGS AND EVEN NEWBZ.

SORRY FOR THE PROTO LENGTH ESSAY BUT I COULD NO LONGER SIT IDLE WHILE A MEMBER WHO SUPPOSEDLY PROVIDES SUCH CLUTCH INFO, A LINK TO SOME GRS SITTING EVERYWHERE, SITS COMPLAINING ABOUT WHAT I DO.

NIKETALK IS A COMMUNITY AND  A COMMUNITY I RESPECT AND LOVE.

IF YOU WANT TO COME AT ME, DON'T GO AT THE DUDE DEFENDING ME. COME AT ME.

IM RIGHT HERE WAITING

/RICHARDMARX

If you have to explain it, they are to new to understand...

Keep doing your thing homie... To many people easily getting salty over releases cause they are in a forum and feel they deserve it because they carry on a few convos... Not every minute of the day can I be in here, reading every post.. But when I can I read every post and give help when I can..

I Repped you cause I have the same view

Last edited:
I like that all caps typing dude. Dry sense of humor but I get it. Well if you don't you prolly take yo self too serieux and you needs to chill

Last edited by a moderator:

Please watch the video.

FORMAT:
2.) Nickname of dunk?
1.) I think the question "how much is enough?" depends on the individual. I know some people who've got a room full of shoes that can't rotate them in or out enough and it's just wasted space. For me, I've probably a good 20 or 30 pairs of shoes and like in the video, my collection has grown and shrunk. I think in this hobby of ours, it is good for yourself to step back and take a look at the bigger picture bc a lot of people take sneakers to a different level.

2.) I don't think it would be all bad if Nike were to bring back factories to the states. It would definitely help to bring back jobs and of course they'd lose profit from coming back but quality would go up IMO. If New Balance can do it successfully, I don't see why Nike wouldn't be able to.

3.) Since it's a favorite of mine, I think it'd be dope to see a Sapporo inspired dunk!

Style: Dunk Low (since all we've been getting are nicer hi's)
Nickname: Sapporo's!
Description: In my mind, I'm seeing an all gray suede or nubuck upper (similar to the medusa's) to match the cans they come in. There'd be a black tongue and red/yellow tongue tag. The swoosh would be black and midsole would be white with a gum bottom to match the beer color.

4.) inspiration: I love a good Sapporo on any day, I can't really drink beer and eat my good as it kills the taste of both for me but Sapporo is one that I actually can.

5.) Release: It would be a QS release with a limited edition. Haven't really thought what extras it would in life but some things would be lace locks, bottle opener, different boxing, etc. lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom