2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Question #1.) Do you feel Nike SB was better off without release dates? Has the implementation of release dates changed your view of Nike SB?

Question #2.) Do you feel that the collabs with Jordan Brand hurt Nike SB in anyway?

Question #3.) If you were Nike SB and you could create a SB to represent the 4th of July would it look like? Describe what the Dunk SB would look like using the format I've provided.

(You can do as many different SB dunks as you want)

FORMAT:
1.) Name of  dunk and is it a dunk high or dunk low?
2.) Nickname of dunk?
3.) Brief description of materials used and coloring on side panels, toe cap, heel, tongue, laces, sole and insole. (I will accept Photoshop canvas picture.)
4.) Explain the inspiration behind the Dunk SB.
5.) How would it be released?

Question 1) I think I liked the way drops were handled before where a shop would get them and just put them out, I missed out on a ton, but it felt great to be there when the UPS driver got there with something wacky. I'll say this though with the QS set dates Nike seems to be a whole lot more lenient with shops ability to sell online. I don't miss the days when if you missed your local you were SOL. Now at least you have a chance if you miss out because so many places do online ordering.

Question 2) I don't necessarily feel they're hurting the brand, but I don't think the releases are bringing anything to the table for people that are big fans of just Nike SB. I didn't even try to get the first one and while I kind of find the concept interesting for the second/third set people already seem to have their beast mode on in the search for it. I don't want to see that kind of BS hype bleed into the rest of SB ever again.

Question 3)
1- Nike Dunk High Premium
2- Declarations
3- It'd use some premium nubuck similar to the Stomps and feature a coloring similar to the parchment the Declaration is actually printed on, an almost brown off white with a deep dark brown for the swoosh, the tongue would be nylon and match the color of the parchment as well. White Midsole/Gum Sole as always in my dream releases. Insole would have "We hold these truths to be self evident..." on the left side and a few of the signatures on the right.
4- This Dunk would be inspired by the document that started this country on its journey
5- Released on the 4th of July, in Philadelphia and limited to 1776 pairs released that day. It'd then see a wider release at every SB account and limited to 741,776 pairs as a super GR, because if there's one thing the world needs, it's a better understanding of that document. The box would also include a personal copy of the declaration and the constitution.

Last edited:
My team was eliminated WAY before the playoffs, and none of my friends want to spring for the fight.

Haha just wondering, sounded like you were interested in buying the jpack highs but you already been on that. Nice!
Got a homie with corporAte hookup at supreme ny. Should be expecting a box tee from previous release when I see him heh

I was almost ready to just say EFF it and drop resale money, but I'm a fatty and XL seems to be really hard to come by. I know they had them since I had the shirt in my cart, but man I wasn't fast enough entering the CC number on my phone.

UNDS mine today

Nice, those are so damm comfortable I cant stop wearing mine.

By the time I got around to picking something to wear for the day I ended up going with an oldie but a goodie. #onfootsaturday (why am I using hashtags here?) I have mistreated these.

Once crawling around in an unsafe tree house installation after it'd rained so the area all around was muddy as hell. http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/the-new-orleans-treehouse
I NEED these DS in a size 13, the struggle to find them
mean.gif

Question #1.) Do you feel Nike SB was better off without release dates? Has the implementation of release dates changed your view of Nike SB?

Question #2.) Do you feel that the collabs with Jordan Brand hurt Nike SB in anyway?

Question #3.) If you were Nike SB and you could create a SB to represent the 4th of July would it look like? Describe what the Dunk SB would look like using the format I've provided.

(You can do as many different SB dunks as you want)

FORMAT:
1.) Name of  dunk and is it a dunk high or dunk low?
2.) Nickname of dunk?
3.) Brief description of materials used and coloring on side panels, toe cap, heel, tongue, laces, sole and insole. (I will accept Photoshop canvas picture.)
4.) Explain the inspiration behind the Dunk SB.
5.) How would it be released?

1. I prefer release dates, selfishly. As an older guy with a lot more going on, the VAST majority of my sneaker buying has turned online. I just don't have the time to spend entire weekend days going from store to store throughout the city checking stuff out, as I once did. I also don't really like hanging out at sneaker stores, generally speaking. So, it's not like I'm going to hang around waiting for deliveries. If I was younger and/or lived the skate lifestyle, I'd probably wish there were no release dates. For the brand's perspective though, I think they'd say that they prefer release dates - that's how you build hype. From the store's perspective, I would guess they'd prefer no release dates. With release dates, you get people coming in specifically for that 1 shoe, that one time, and a lot of non-repeat customers who only buy the stuff that's going to sell out anyway. Without release dates, people have to come in more often to check and ask and they sell more product to more "locals" who are likely to further support the business. They also avoid the deluge of phone calls.

2. As somebody else said, I don't think it hurt them, but I'm not interested. I didn't like the AJ1 collab. It wasn't an awful idea, since skaters used to skate AJ1s back in the day. But, I didn't like the execution at all. If they would have done something like the J-packs but actually as a collab with JB, I'd have been in. But, instead of paying homage to crossover legacy of the AJ1 through design, they just tried to do some hyped-up sparkly design for the kids.

Also, I'm not sure what it means to "hurt the brand" nowadays. While it was a big concern when Nike was building the SB, I don't think credibility in the culture is really that big of an issue for them anymore. Even the non-Dunk SB stuff seems to veer toward the lifestyle line as much as, if not more than, being skate shoes for skating. So, I don't think skater cred is make or break for the brand. At this point, the world has accepted and embraced that Nike will be in their skate shops, so it;s just about moving units. And, a JB collab is going to move units.

3. Since they're so hard to find now, being that they're from '97, how about replicating this as a dunk - I wonder what a jewel swoosh dunk would look like

Don't think I'd do anything special for release. Respect the holiday by avoiding any gimmicks.

Last edited:
Int'l shop.

Code works, but shipping is $35.

With code, total comes to 201.25.

That's about going rate - but they do have a near FSR

Anyone going to the sneaker show in Bridgeport, CT today? I'll be there towards the end rocking my

And does anyone know when the new tooling actually came out, I have blue box's with and without the new tooling.. I'm only asking because before the new tooling I can fit 11.5's and after only 12's fit...

Anyone going to the sneaker show in Bridgeport, CT today? I'll be there towards the end rocking my

And does anyone know when the new tooling actually came out, I have blue box's with and without the new tooling.. I'm only asking because before the new tooling I can fit 11.5's and after only 12's fit...
Well, if we go by this story, I guess anything that has a production date Jan '11 and on?

Nike SB New Tooling on Dunk Soles

Back
Top Bottom