2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

That's why USPS is financially floundering. They charge absurdly low rates for 2-/3-day shipping, let it sit in a sort facility for 2 days, then have to overnight it across the country to meet their deadline. And this is a method they charge $7-15 for. 
USPS has usually been relatively reliable for me and the stuff i order or send thats shipped through them gets to me on time, fed ex is the one i despise but my package is dated for delivery today and was shipped out the 17th. Yet hasn't reached my state according to tracking, unless it skipped some steps and is already out for delivery considering its already 11:30 they aren't even coming until Tuesday or Wednesday clearly. 

USPS has usually been relatively reliable for me and the stuff i order or send thats shipped through them gets to me on time, fed ex is the one i despise but my package is dated for delivery today and was shipped out the 17th. Yet hasn't reached my state according to tracking, unless it skipped some steps and is already out for delivery considering its already 11:30 they aren't even coming until Tuesday or Wednesday clearly. 
Yeah everyone has different opinions on USPS/FedEx/UPS but I work as a shipping manager/systems builder for my day job. Of the 3, in my experience, USPS is far less reliable over the thousands of shipments I've seen. On top of the fact that, like I mentioned before, USPS is the only one of the three in serious financial trouble. And don't even get me started on USPS smartpost shipments where it starts with UPS/FedEx then transfers to the USPS. Sometimes it takes over a week just to switch companies... complete waste of time and money.

I've found that they occasionally miss scanning a package.

What's killing USPS isn't the cost of moving it through the air, they've got planes that are going to be flying no matter what and it's absurdly cheap for the post office to load sacks onto those planes, the end delivery is where there's a big money loss since you've got the letter carrier bringing it door to door, in even the most rural locations. And even that isn't the biggest black hole for their coffers.

Having to fund the pension plans 75 years in advance of expected employees as required by congress a few years back, that's why they're not even close to being in the black. It's never supposed to be a big money maker, they're constitutional mandate is to provide a mail service for everyone in the US, not to turn a tidy profit. If they were required to turn a profit, people that live in the areas that UPS/FedEx won't deliver to wouldn't get service from USPS either.

What's killing USPS isn't the cost of moving it through the air, they've got planes that are going to be flying no matter what and it's absurdly cheap for the post office to load sacks onto those planes, the end delivery is where there's a big money loss since you've got the letter carrier bringing it door to door, in even the most rural locations. And even that isn't the biggest black hole for their coffers.

Having to fund the pension plans 75 years in advance of expected employees as required by congress a few years back, that's why they're not even close to being in the black. It's never supposed to be a big money maker, they're constitutional mandate is to provide a mail service for everyone in the US, not to turn a tidy profit. If they were required to turn a profit, people that live in the areas that UPS/FedEx won't deliver to wouldn't get service from USPS either.
Public entities.. run like *****... what else is new... just my 2cents...

Yeah everyone has different opinions on USPS/FedEx/UPS but I work as a shipping manager/systems builder for my day job. Of the 3, in my experience, USPS is far less reliable over the thousands of shipments I've seen. On top of the fact that, like I mentioned before, USPS is the only one of the three in serious financial trouble. And don't even get me started on USPS smartpost shipments where it starts with UPS/FedEx then transfers to the USPS. Sometimes it takes over a week just to switch companies... complete waste of time and money.
smartpost is the worst, i've recently order some things from urbanoutfitters who use smartpost and the extra handling time just baffles me especially when all mail carriers service my area. I just don't get it. 

the us has so many flawed programs its not even funny, even the mailing system could be so much more efficient 

yea you guys are right. There's no resemblance whatsoever at all. My mistake.

I said KINDA look like, ya'll making it seem like I said they were exact replicas. Chill out :lol:

danvsman danvsman I got you when I get home.

Not worried about a discount. I like supporting great shops and rewarding exemplary customer service, of which Premier has in spades. Great shoe, glad I could grab them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom