2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I only got in to SB Dunks in the last 4yrs or so. So i was coming on the back end of it all.
Only now I'm learning about it all, with the fat tongue's and all that came with it lol

I wish was around for it all though. The Dunks were so crazy and colourful and even the GR stuff had sick quality to it all

FYI: Anyone looking for White OL - Natterjacks has some (UK Sizes)
https://www.natterjacks.com/footwea...e-label-white-black-p102354#attribute[1]=3044

Still looking for size 14 or 15 pbags
Uprise and Premier are the only two shops that got them in those sizes so far besides branded (they did ISO) and unfortunately was working and missed those drops. Have made many calls (thanks @John00 ) but have not found one yet.

I remember going crazy trying to find the second set of SBs back in ‘02 - ended up finding the Flash and Loden one morning and my Mom wouldn’t cop em >D

wq1uwkT

Just turned 33 this month, and my first Dunks were the Dunk Low Pro B in Obsidian and White, back in on 2002. SBs before SBs existed.

Turned 39 this year, and my first pair of dunks were the Low Pro B's also in light mesa/orange/brown. If I remember correctly, it was probably back in 2004/2005? Still have them to this day, but sadly they don't fit me anymore. Luckily I was able to track down get my current size from a Shoezeum auction about 2 years ago.

Cords are kinda disappointing in hand? Really nice colour, how they got every colour to pop I don't know but it's impressive, but after the OLs the quality feels like a nosedive to me idk

Olive looks much better in person I was sceptical

Are we counting pro b for firsts or officially SB?

If SB my first dunk was the vamp and barf on the same day $130 total in store.

Ahhhhh when the good stuff “sat”

Cords are kinda disappointing in hand? Really nice colour, how they got every colour to pop I don't know but it's impressive, but after the OLs the quality feels like a nosedive to me idk

Olive looks much better in person I was sceptical

I didn’t think so. If you’re comparing to OLs then that isn’t really fair. The materials are different entirely, plus the cords are a GR while the OLs are literally billed as “the best materials”

If you compare OLs as your baseline then you’ll be disappointed almost every time

Turned 30 this year (still stings to say this), first SBs were the Paul Ulrich highs, and once i learned of all the ones that came before i became obsessed with certain pairs. i still remember trying to find people selling silver/pink box gems on sites like NSB and ISS and doing local meetups for them.

JPS JPS you ever hit up Division East in Montclair when it was around? Those barfs were sitting at NJ? Only shop I can imagine with an sb acct that had those early models if it at all? But can't imagine owner was down during the orange or silverbox era because of that punk rock uck nike mentality

Reactions: JPS
upload_2019-4-29_10-4-13.png

Saw this comment on an sbcollector instagram post. Objectively I know it's not my money, not my problem so why should I care. But I've seen other comments on facebook pages and instagram from guys who are whining about dunks being more expensive, how cheap they were, how they should have copped when they had the chance...yes, you should have. If someone was so truly into dunks and SBs that they saw when prices were low, why weren't you copping then? Why wait until 2019 to pay $500 for some lobsters that could have been had for $200 two years ago?

I'm aware many other things in life are higher priority than shoes but if you weren't copping when they were cheap it's probably your fault and not Travis Scott's or stockx's. Would love to hear some other thoughts on this, maybe help me see it differently.

Back
Top Bottom