2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

or maybe people just like what they like lol. but, i respect your opinion. in my opinion there are just as many ugly nikes as there are ugly nb's if not more lol. NB started off as a premium brand and then somewhere became old man shoes and now is both. and there sneakers reflect that and i thnk that's dope. i appreciate sneaker companies moving forward while still communicating their heritage in an useful and interesting and effective way. if Jordan Brand could figure that out their non retros would sell more.
True but there are trends like Heelies. NB is trending with that distressed homeless look.

no but you used him to dispute me as Nike NOT using real leather as an example of "Nike using real leather" when, we were talking about completely different things. the shoe he cut in half WAS real leather..... just because one Nike shoe is real full grain leather, doesn't mean ALL Nike shoes are real full grain leather... was my point...

and I know he has cut open other Nikes beside Jordan 1.... But I am not talking about other Nikes I am talking about GR Dunks.

also, there are different levels of "real" leather was my other point.... Full Grain, some layers in between, suede, ruff cut... dog****... THEN BONDED LEATHER. Which is still technical "real" were my points.
I never said all Nike shoes were real leather, I just said that Nike uses real leather, and I was right.

Didn't say when, didn't say how, but they do use it.

And I wasn't talking about GR Dunks.

I never said all Nike shoes were real leather, I just said that Nike uses real leather, and I was right.

Didn't say when, didn't say how, but they do use it.

And I wasn't talking about GR Dunks.
Then why are you even posting? Troll? No **** Nike uses real full grain leather on some of the shoes.

Today:
2CA43AD7-B1BA-4456-9BB6-0E6AD0804FDA.jpeg

True but there are trends like Heelies. NB is trending with that distressed homeless look.
Nah. I must disagree my guy. NBs are trending for sure. But 574s were the flavor when I was in middle school in the 90s. And by the time I got to college 997s, 998s, 1500s, 580s, and other models were getting love and nice collabs way before a shoe had to be a collab to get spin. Alot of bandwagon NB fans right now and alot of new people who are just finding out about the brand. Def not heelies tho🤣

Nah. I must disagree my guy. NBs are trending for sure. But 574s were the flavor when I was in middle school in the 90s. And by the time I got to college 997s, 998s, 1500s, 580s, and other models were getting love and nice collabs way before a shoe had to be a collab to get spin. Alot of bandwagon NB fans right now and alot of new people who are just finding out about the brand. Def not heelies tho🤣
Not saying they’re heelies but they don’t need to be “found out”. People know they ugly.

This dunk **** is a small part of a whole. Sneakers are more popular than ever, especially among girls and women. Not just nike, new balance, adidas, but also asics, salomon, hoka, everything is popular right now. Consumer base is only gonna keep growing. A few friends from college that wore like gladiator sandals and discount adidas five years ago now post got em screenshots on their IGs, and that's just my one anecdote. There are obviously tens of thousands of new customers in the past five years.

But back to Nike, this with a grain of salt but if there's any truth to this, it's a huge change.

Not saying they’re heelies but they don’t need to be “found out”. People know they ugly.

Different tastes and sensibilities. Let's just say they are ugly to you and to people who think they are ugly but, not to the gang of people who like them and buy them again and again. I can't accept that a Made in England 1500 is ugly when they have versions of that shoe that look better than versions of Air Max 1s. Every brand has shoes someone can call ugly but, I wouldn't categorize NB's as inherently ugly, especially their "Made in..." lifestyle models with very nice materials. I think the issue for you and many others is that NB has always been function first. Then premium materials (which helps alot with function) and THEN style. Functional shoes always sacrifice a bit of style. But, that's why they are more durable and more comfortable than most Nike's or Adidas. Nike and Adidas has been chasing comfort, especially the last decade, with varying degrees of success. NB has been the benchmark for comfort and I can stand by that 100%, pun intended😁

This dunk **** is a small part of a whole. Sneakers are more popular than ever, especially among girls and women. Not just nike, new balance, adidas, but also asics, salomon, hoka, everything is popular right now. Consumer base is only gonna keep growing. A few friends from college that wore like gladiator sandals and discount adidas five years ago now post got em screenshots on their IGs, and that's just my one anecdote. There are obviously tens of thousands of new customers in the past five years.

But back to Nike, this with a grain of salt but if there's any truth to this, it's a huge change.

that's everybody's anecdote. People who didn't care about Jordans my entire life all of sudden are sneaker heads who have to have the latest Yeezys. Nurses who would have been just as happy in a pair of K Swiss classics or Reeboks now are sporting Yeezys and Vapormax and Adidas. its beyond anecdote and is basically verifiable fact at this point.

No way this is all coincidence.
Just hit on those Wmns highs on SNKRS.

Maybe Nike changed their algorithms after all that backlash after all. . .
(. . . Nagh, what am I thinking. :lol:)

Real quick, I'm confused on the sizing, people have been giving different opinions. I'm TTS in AF1's, and Jordan 1's, 6's, 13's, and 4's. Should I go TTS on the EMB Chicago Dunks?

No way this is all coincidence.
Just hit on those Wmns highs on SNKRS.

Maybe Nike changed their algorithms after all that backlash after all. . .
(. . . Nagh, what am I thinking. :lol:)
I've been on SNKRS for 5 years and have only ever taken the W on yellow, neutral, or earth tone Jordans or runners. Air maxs, waffles, daybreaks, 1's, 4's, 12's, etc. Everything in my purchase history fit this mold until that tweet went out last week and I finally hit my first pair of dunks on my account with the navy highs. I made an account under my sister's name when the purple lobsters were dropping and she hit on that first try, and "her" account has taken tons of Ws on dunks since so I believe it, that algorithm is opening up to us. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom