2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Looks like US skateshops are starting to get their stock in for the Orange Lobsters. Atlas just posted their raffle on IG.

If you only want the shoes, don't waste your money on the special box. Regular box release is right around the corner .

Nike Dunk High
Release Date: 2023
Color: Black/Faded Spruce-Black-Light Cream
Mens: $125
Style Code: DQ7679-002

feature image
nike-dunk-high-green-black-sail-dq7679-002-7.jpg
nike-dunk-high-green-black-sail-dq7679-002-6.jpg
nike-dunk-high-green-black-sail-dq7679-002-1.jpg
nike-dunk-high-green-black-sail-dq7679-002-8.jpg
nike-dunk-high-green-black-sail-dq7679-002-5.jpg
nike-dunk-high-green-black-sail-dq7679-002-2.jpg
nike-dunk-high-green-black-sail-dq7679-002-4.jpg

Someone school me...why the Pandas so popular? Such a simple colorway. Well I guess it's popular because of the colorway but this can't be the first time this colorway has released right?

Someone school me...why the Pandas so popular? Such a simple colorway. Well I guess it's popular because of the colorway but this can't be the first time this colorway has released right?
They're popular because they "go with everything." (a foreign concept to me, I don't care what goes with what). Black and white dunks have been released in many different materials and colorblocking over the years but no one ever called them "pandas" until 2020. In the past we had black and white dunks called orcas, vaders, stormtroopers, venom SBs, wieger SBs, other GR SB dunks that would release in that colorway with each box series, so on and so forth. I think the spike in consumerism during 2020 when people were locked indoors with extra money made them become a shoe that people felt like they had to have. And then when they couldn't have them because of sellouts, demand increased even more and here we are now.

https://niketalk.com/threads/2023-nike-sb-dunk-thread_____grs-and-qss-added.303260/post-35801503 for more thoughts

Limited supply and tastemakers crowning the product

Same reason Birkenstock Boston clogs been around since Jesus was wearing sandals but nobody cared until Kylie Jenner got seen in them. Now they can’t keep them in stock the last 2 years

Same reason 10 years ago teens saw Crocs as corny shoes for little kids. Now every limited collab is a must have because “fashion Tik Tok” says so

Pandas on the way out tho. They’ve reached the point young people dread. Not exclusive enough anymore. Now the unpopular/poor kids can afford them too. The kids just waiting on the next thing

Limited supply and tastemakers crowning the product

Same reason Birkenstock Boston clogs been around since Jesus was wearing sandals but nobody cares until Kylie Jenner got seen in them. Now they can’t keep them in stock the last 2 years

Same reason 10 years ago teens saw Crocs as corny shoes for little kids. Now every limited collab is a must have because “fashion Tik Tok” says so

Pandas on the way out tho. They’ve reached the point young people dread. Not exclusive enough anymore. Now the unpopular/poor kids can afford them too. The kids just waiting on the next thing
I don't see why the pandas can't be the dunk version of Chuck Taylor lows...black or white.

A classic, simple shoe never goes out of style.

I don't see why the pandas can't be the dunk version of Chuck Taylor lows...black or white.

A classic, simple shoe never goes out of style.

I agree, but it’s the age of the micro-trends

As soon as the first Tik Tok influencer says “oh you’re still wearing those? Ha” the kids fall back from whatever it is

Looks like US skateshops are starting to get their stock in for the Orange Lobsters. Atlas just posted their raffle on IG.

If you only want the shoes, don't waste your money on the special box. Regular box release is right around the corner .
Glad to see they are coordinating a toy drive for the holidays since it’s in-store only.

For the release of the Nike SB X Concepts “Orange Lobster” Dunk Low Pro Atlas will be conducting a raffle (see all the raffle rules below). The in store raffle will also coincide with a toy drive done in association with ALL IN SF to get toys in the hands of underprivileged youth during the holiday season. Winners of the raffle will win the opportunity to purchase one pair of the shoes.

I haven’t bought Nikes (minus some gym shoes or for my kids) in a long while, about the time the SNKRS site rolled out. Was trying to get some of these recent dunks. Failed on Pandas multiple times. didnt get the slate/navy this morning. Seems like it’s just a bot harvest with forced limited availability. If these were normal store releases, nobody would want them and we’d get at retail. Not like we’re going back to 90’s leather or anything. From my POV Nike feeds and encourages the reseller market by further enabling it at a bottle necked source just begging for bots. No sweat though, Nike is getting theirs and resellers are getting theirs. I’m not overpaying at this stage, got better things to do with my $$.

Yeah, I’m a little jaded I didn’t get the slate/navy. This would’ve been an easy pic up 10 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom