2024 Wrestling Thread | Saturday Night's alright for fighting...

Will Cody Rhodes "finish the story" at WrestleMania XL?

• Finally!

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • LMAO

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This ain't the Super Bowl.
I had this typed out in my original post, but took it out because in reality, it is their superbowl.

That said intermitten weather won't affect the product/game the way it could with a superbowl, so there is still a difference.

It absolutely is the Super Bowl of wrestling. Folks are traveling to it from all over the world. And it’s an expensive trip at that. This isn’t Roadblock or some other random PLE.

Being able to have basically everything in walking distance, or short ride, IMO is essential to having an awesome Mania week. Football stadium for Mania itself, arena for Raw/SD/HOF, and convention center-type space for Axxess and Super Store.

Warm weather and a “destination city” is extremely ideal as well.

Nah, gotta give everyone a chance to experience a big time live product PPV IMO. That's how you'll create lifelong fans. Good luck creating those in Miami or Los Angeles.

I disagree with the idea of having to, "Give everyone a chance."

It is a business, it isn't a charity organization.

Every city doesn't deserve a big live product, PPV.

That is what house shows are for. PLenty of CURRENT life long fans were created having never attended big time PPV events.

There are people ABROAD that are lifeline fans that have never been within 3000 miles of a major event.

Can't agree with any of that. (No disrespect)

It absolutely is the Super Bowl of wrestling. Folks are traveling to it from all over the world. And it’s an expensive trip at that. This isn’t Roadblock or some other random PLE.

Being able to have basically everything in walking distance, or short ride, IMO is essential to having an awesome Mania week. Football stadium for Mania itself, arena for Raw/SD/HOF, and convention center-type space for Axxess and Super Store.

Warm weather and a “destination city” is extremely ideal as well.

Yea no way folks are seriously (logically/logistically) arguing against this.

I’ve been to 3 now. Orlando, New Orleans, and New York.

Orlando had great weather. Football stadium is in a weird area though. Not many hotels or restaurants nearby. Basketball arena is a couple miles away. Axxess was somewhere else not near either of them. Too spread out.

New Orleans has everything within easy walking distance, plus no open container laws. Great weather. Huge fun party.

New York was dog ****. They shouldn’t ever get another one. Football stadium is terrible and around nothing in New Jersey. Barclays is awesome, but is in Brooklyn and far from MetLife. Axxess and SuperStore was in a shipping terminal on outskirts of Brooklyn.

Think I’m going to Philly this year. Arena and stadium are right next to each other, with tons of parking which is cool. Easy to get to. There’s like nothing else in that area though. None of the fun stuff about the city.

Weather could be great, or could absolutely suck too.

Nah, gotta give everyone a chance to experience a big time live product PPV IMO. That's how you'll create lifelong fans. Good luck creating those in Miami or Los Angeles.

Just to be clear, define "everyone."

What are the lowest market /level cities that should host a WM in your eyes? Not even WM, but Major PPVs.

D Fly D Fly cried when this happened
FB_IMG_1708021478576.jpg

Just to be clear, define "everyone."

What are the lowest market /level cities that should host a WM in your eyes? Not even WM, but Major PPVs.
Imo, you should be able to target at least 1 city in all 50 states. I don't travel so I don't know if places like Montana, Idaho and Iowa have the infrastructure (stadiums) to support a PPV, but if they do, it'd be foolish for the WWE to not target that town at least once a handful of years.

Towns like New York, Chicago, Seattle, Portland, Baltimore, Boston, Philly etc etc don't deserve a major PPV because they're in an area that may get bad weather is wild to me. To say towns like Charlotte, Nashville, Jacksonville, Houston/Dallas, Milwaukee, Detroit, Phoenix etc etc don't deserve one doesn't compute.

I'm not saying drag a PPV show to every state capital...but I also think you're fooling yourself if you don't believe the hope of catching a big show in your town doesn't attract more fans.

Imo, you should be able to target at least 1 city in all 50 states. I don't travel so I don't know if places like Montana, Idaho and Iowa have the infrastructure (stadiums) to support a PPV, but if they do, it'd be foolish for the WWE to not target that town at least once a handful of years.

Towns like New York, Chicago, Seattle, Portland, Baltimore, Boston, Philly etc etc don't deserve a major PPV because they're in an area that may get bad weather is wild to me. To say towns like Charlotte, Nashville, Jacksonville, Houston/Dallas, Milwaukee, Detroit, Phoenix etc etc don't deserve one doesn't compute.

I'm not saying drag a PPV show to every state capital...but I also think you're fooling yourself if you don't believe the hope of catching a big show in your town doesn't attract more fans.
We’re talking about Mania man. The Super Bowl of wrasslin. I live in Baltimore and am fine with not getting it, even though we have a great setup for it :lol:

Might finally go to my first Fed live event.

Yea, no offense but I can't even take this argument seriously after that 1st paragraph.

We can respectfully agree to disagree.

Houston has had Wrestlemania and the Royal Rumble (a couple times I believe), as Survivor Series (part of the big four, if they still do that). The major markets get them, because they can handle and maximize exposure/profit off of them. They most certainly do not need to go to every state. They gain their following regardless.

Back
Top Bottom