2024 Wrestling Thread | Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting...

Will Cody Rhodes "finish the story" at WrestleMania XL?

• Finally!

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • LMAO

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Classic stuff realest

That’s a former Million Dollar Champion you’re downplaying.

I remember him in that sense because he was always losing to the heels who WWF was pushing in the early '90s. He put them over like that. I saw him as a jobber because it was usually squash matches when he was on the losing end.

Yes, I recall he held the Million Dollar belt. But I never saw it as one of the traditional titles. It was just a gimmick belt to me.

Unfortunately, I believe I read he's been in poor health the last few years before finally succumbing.

Was about to say lol. AEW damn sure tried to get him in there.

Had him in a group with and enforcer of one of the top guys in AEW in MJF.

Mans was never gonna be in the world title picture not on WWE main roster or AEW for that matter.

Not everyone can be.

That Jim Valley dude on bath salts.

where you see that from?

I’m just speculating

In a perfect world Sting would retire with the tag titles and then get to select his replacement for Darby to tag with..

I’m just speculating

probably just public domain footage or some ****

i always wonder how dark side of the ring is able to use wwe footage

Damn.. why I turn on AEW different weeks at different times.. I see this face..

chris-jericho-kkk-grand-wizard-jay-and-silent-bob-reboot-screenshot-instagram-video.jpg

You have trained so I know I will never know as much as you but can you explain how he was good? No disrespectfulness.

So what most will see is just a boring old school match. What I see is a guy who goes out and 100% did his job to get Diesel over as a big powerful threat to anyone in WWF. The way Virgil knew how and when to "register," but not go full out "sell" mode until later in the match is a technique that our friend Johnny Wrestling could study a little better. He did a phenomenal job of giving hope that he could come back at various moments, only to get cut back off by Diesel. The clothesline hope spot of clothesline, clothesline, step on the toes, and jumping clothesline to finally get the big man off his feet was exactly what you're supposed to do to make someone "Look really strong." In today's world, Adamn Cole wants us to believe he can Panama Sunrise Keith Leith. This match looked like a contest amongst men of two different sizes, and they didn't "play wrestler" out there.

Granted, in today's era, some of that stuff (like the bearhug, toe stomp, etc.) may be a little hokie, but you have to judge the match in it's era. This was already longer than I ever wanted to type, and still doesn't articulate everything I see, but hopefully it's somewhat more helpful reasoning of why I respect the man for his bell-to-bell ability. While I don't know the full story or the why, I still think we can all agree he didn't have that much opportunity for a decent gimmick post being DiBiase's lackey. Just the "happy to be here babyface" that never works. Ask Rocky Maivia.

Back
Top Bottom