2024 Wrestling Thread | It's Wednesday. You know what that means... | R.I.P. Sika Anoaʻi

Will Cody Rhodes "finish the story" at WrestleMania XL?

• Finally!

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • LMAO

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Everyone keep saying Braun was laid out but IT ain't him. IT'S some random guard. Braun got hair now and no left arm tat.

I see darkness.
I see smoke.
I see folks crawling in the ground.

What more do we need?

To be fair, we haven't seen any magic or teleporting anything of that nature...yet. Just folks in masks. Fingers crossed the reports are right and the smoke machines are as magical as we get.

Watched episode 2 of who killed WCW

Damn I ain't know Goldberg was that bad and disliked. His backstory/in ring work sounds a lot like Warriors.

Kevin Nash said a Babyface makes more money chasing the title than having it. That can't be true. 98 Austin, 99-2000 Rock, Hogan all those years, Cena all those years. They became bigger than wrestling once they got the belt.

Nash - "it was a lot of mistakes but my check stayed the same" 😂

Damn I ain't know Goldberg was that bad and disliked. His backstory/in ring work sounds a lot like Warriors.

Kevin Nash said a Babyface makes more money chasing the title than having it. That can't be true. 98 Austin, 99-2000 Rock, Hogan all those years, Cena all those years. They became bigger than wrestling once they got the belt.

Nash had me dying when he described the Stacade 98 finish over Goldberg.

“Did you hear that pop, I was so over” :rofl:

HBK was so hot

PromoJoeYT - 1799907104418832621.gif
GPk6g7gXoAAap-k

He's right..Go back and look at most WWF/E champions, with the exception of Hogan, and look at how long those babyface championship runs lasted..SCSA is a 6x World Champ and only had 1 reign that lasted more than 3 months..The Rock is an 8x champ and only has 1 run longer than 100 days..Cena is a 16x champ and only has 3 runs that lasted longer than 100 days (granted 1 was over a year and 1 was almost 300 days)..The money for babyfaces is the build up and the revenge on the heel..It's not in the big run as champ..

He's right..Go back and look at most WWF/E champions, with the exception of Hogan, and look at how long those babyface championship runs lasted..SCSA is a 6x World Champ and only had 1 reign that lasted more than 3 months..The Rock is an 8x champ and only has 1 run longer than 100 days..Cena is a 16x champ and only has 3 runs that lasted longer than 100 days (granted 1 was over a year and 1 was almost 300 days)..The money for babyfaces is the build up and the revenge on the heel..It's not in the big run as champ..
Well said there Case Case Bigelow .

It's also spoken on here to give it a historical/regional context.

I hear you but 98 Austin wasn't his peak? Rock won the belt like 5 times from 99-2000. Then in 2000 he had it for 119 days. That was when Rock became a household name. Cena's peak was definitely him having the belt. I was off and on during Cena's run but I never remember him chasing a heel except that one time with Edge and how long was that? HBK and Bret's runs wasn't their peak?

It depends on era's too.

I hear you but 98 Austin wasn't his peak? Rock won the belt like 5 times from 99-2000. Then in 2000 he had it for 119 days. That was when Rock became a household name. Cena's peak was definitely him having the belt. I was off and on during Cena's run but I never remember him chasing a heel except that one time with Edge and how long was that? HBK and Bret's runs wasn't their peak?

It depends on era's too.

I'm a lil confused..Are we talking about peaks or are we talking about money?..Cause Austin, Rock, Cena, HBK, and Bret spent more time chasing titles than they did holding them..And all of them will tell you they were selling the most merch/making the most money while they were chasing the belt/trying to get their revenge than just simply being champ..Like Nash said, you give the baby face the belt and then you take it away and start all over..

And you're right about eras..Before the Attitude Era, it wasn't uncommon for a babyface to hold the title for longer..But that was also during the territory days/beginning of the cable tv era..If you look at WWF/NWA/WCW after 1990 the days of hot potatoing the title became the norm..The days of year long + title reigns were gone and it really became about the title chase more so than the title defense..

Back
Top Bottom