***MLB FEET, EQUIPMENT, AND UNIFORMS 2024***NEW THREAD

Mad late but I'm all on the Rockies City Connect jerseys. So fire and the details they put into the jersey are well researched and though through.

Nah the Mets isn’t bad. Would look better if they had matching pinstripe pants though. Just looks a little off having pinstripe jerseys and plain white pants.

Well crap.....
1000008501.png

Those customer service reps usually have no clue when it comes to releases.
True, but its also 20 games into the season and all the previous 8 Trout Turfs released before the season even started
Not holding my breathe for these.
I am lol. I will not give up hope because this is my favorite turf line right now and he deserves to have at least double digits of his line. Nike Baseball has to do a better job of marketing its athletes.

Nike doing Nike things.. shocker.

I’m glad the MLBPA is calling them out… wish the NBAPA had the same set of balls but they don’t.

I just read the press release from the MLB. Wow. I don’t believe I have ever seen a major sports league call out Nike like that. Telling them they tried to innovate something that didn’t need to be innovated.

I’ve said it for awhile but Nike has long lost its spirit and the foundation in which it was built on and hopefully things like this help them to course correct.

I think outsourcing to fanatics as well as some other factors contributed to it.
Nike were the ones that made the lettering small, messed with the numbers on the front, and of course came up with the material the jerseys are made of.

When we see the players and their jersey have sweat stains allover..... many people say: "but it's because the jersey is working, it is actually wicking the sweat to the outside"

but i guess that is BS, the players have also complained about that?

they do get wet and don't wick??

#confused

Nike were the ones that made the lettering small, messed with the numbers on the front, and of course came up with the material the jerseys are made of.
According to UniWatch and Paul Lucas, they got info from a guy at Nike that said the lowered name on back and the smaller letters were because MLB wouldn’t allow them to shrink the MLB logo to fit in this area, as it’s smaller on their template than the previous one. MLB refused, so it forced Nike to lower and shrink the size of don’t on the font. But in the end MLB approved the jersey before they went into production.

And yes, outsourcing to fanatics was part of the problem for some of the other things from what I read.
IMG_3334.jpeg

Separate note because everyone loves to bash Nike:
Also, on sports logos.net, they had an interview with a former Nike employee, and all these changes are approved by the league ahead of time. Also, when a new/alternate uni (nba - city, statement, or rebranding; mlb - city, or rebranding; NFL -rebranding) is being designed, Nike has very minimal input on those. Those come directly from teams, and they’re designers. They offer suggestions, but they do what teams want.

According to UniWatch and Paul Lucas, they got info from a guy at Nike that said the lowered name on back and the smaller letters were because MLB wouldn’t allow them to shrink the MLB logo to fit in this area, as it’s smaller on their template than the previous one. MLB refused, so it forced Nike to lower and shrink the size of don’t on the font. But in the end MLB approved the jersey before they went into production.

And yes, outsourcing to fanatics was part of the problem for some of the other things from what I read.
IMG_3334.jpeg

Separate note because everyone loves to bash Nike:
Also, on sports logos.net, they had an interview with a former Nike employee, and all these changes are approved by the league ahead of time. Also, when a new/alternate uni (nba - city, statement, or rebranding; mlb - city, or rebranding; NFL -rebranding) is being designed, Nike has very minimal input on those. Those come directly from teams, and they’re designers. They offer suggestions, but they do what teams want.
No, Nike were the ones that made this new MLB template, these clowns made the placket too small and narrow that the batterman did not fit in the neck area were it used to be.

The material is also Nike's and it must feel like crap since the players are complaining.
And huge sweat stains are everywhere.

Nobody loves to bash Nike.
Nike are getting bashed because they deserve it.
Only a blind fanboy would defend them here.

No, Nike were the ones that made this new MLB template, these clowns made the placket too small and narrow that the batterman did not fit in the neck area were it used to be.

The material is also Nike's and it must feel like crap since the players are complaining.
And huge sweat stains are everywhere.

Nobody loves to bash Nike.
Nike are getting bashed because they deserve it.
Only a blind fanboy would defend them here.
They requested to resize the batterman to make it fit and look better. MLB denied the request. MLB signed off on these as well. It takes two to tango.

Don’t buy any jerseys this year

This is exactly why I held off buying any. I'll wait until next summer. Besides I have a ton of other jersey options to wear.

They requested to resize the batterman to make it fit and look better. MLB denied the request. MLB signed off on these as well. It takes two to tango.
i dunno..... if you say so.

Everyone loves to mess with stuff that ain't broke.

Reimagining they call it.

:emoji_poop:

DSG has the Ronald Acuna collection, cleat, BG's, sliding mitt, elbow and leg guard, and an arm sleeve. Great stuff if you are an Acuna or Braves fan.

Back
Top Bottom