2025 NBA Draft Thread

My comment agrees with you, apologies for the confusing writing on my part. there are only 2 players worth drafting in the top end of the draft, and in those drafts its the second player that ends up edging out

You got Young Vic ****** up.

He's not the next Lebron or Kareem or none of that **** but he'll play in 10 all star games.

Edit - Zion was the right pick 10 out of 10 times too.

Last edited:
Disagreed on Zion over JA then and still do...If health didn't play a factor Greg Oden was the right pick too....

Of Course there are exceptions,

I don't think Russel, Derek Williams or Parker were winners lol

Love this part

"When Nanterre would travel to tournaments, to pass time, Boubekri would often read off Trivial Pursuit cards at random, to test his players, particularly Wembanyama, who had a wide range of interests—from science to comic books to art—and esoteric information at the ready. “Victor used to answer the weirdest questions,” he recalls.

On one occasion, as several players huddled inside a hotel room, Boubekri pulled a card he knew would stump him.

“What bird can fly backwards?” he asked.

Naturally, Wembanyama had the answer: le colibri—the hummingbird.

“They were flabbergasted,” Wembanyama recalls. “Karim thought I was joking. Like I had just guessed a random bird.”

Those around Victor marvel at his capacity to store information. “He’s thirsty for knowledge,” says Timberwolves star Rudy Gobert, who met Wembanyama seven years ago and has since become a mentor. Boubekri notes his former pupil’s ability to learn something in a drill one day and unveil it in a game the next. He believes his unusual recall ability and fluid muscle memory work in concert.

“He’s able to reproduce moves very quickly,” he says. At Nanterre, Wembanyama played all five positions. “He’s always been able to try risky things. . . . Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, but he’s always been very calm and poised.”

That polymathic skill set transcends the hardwood: Wembanyama also taught himself English and speaks it comfortably, hitting hard R’s and -th sounds with minimal trace of an accent, despite having been to the United States only twice, both in the past six months.

In Wembanyama’s words, “I learn something one time. I’m gonna apply it for the rest of my life.”

Wait....WHAT???

That **** sounds ALL BAD from a variety of angles.

Miles texted Miller to bring his gun to where they were, according to police. When Miller got to the scene, Miles told Davis, “The heat is in the hat.” Det. Branden Culpepper said that meant a gun was present.
Asked by AL.com why Miller was not charged, Tuscaloosa chief deputy D.A. Paula Whitley said, “That’s not a question I can answer. There’s nothing we could charge him with,’' according to the law, she said.
Alabama coach Nate Oats said Tuesday that Miller is “not in any trouble” as a result of his alleged involvement.
“We knew about that. Can’t control everything everybody does outside of practice. Nobody knew that was going to happen. College kids are out, Brandon hasn’t been in any type of trouble nor is he in any type of trouble in this case. Wrong spot at the wrong time,” Oats said.

Wrong spot wrong time???

This **** bad man. Really bad. :smh:

Not surprised this happening in Alabama, but letting somebody slide on a body with “wrong, place at wrong time” is crazy…Dudes doing life and coaches got fired a for lot less than this situation sounds

Wonder how the league looking at all this

Not surprised this happening in Alabama, but letting somebody slide on a body with “wrong, place at wrong time” is crazy…Dudes doing life and coaches got fired a for lot less than this situation sounds

Wonder how the league looking at all this

Really nasty situation all around. Reminds of when Tyreke Evans and his cousin slid on someone back home. Miller's not in trouble but this is a nasty stain regardless. I also don't know how he isn't in trouble honestly...

Johnson told Davis that his girlfriend was not interested and to move along. “It got a little elevated,’' the detective testified. Miles and Davis walked away from the victim’s Jeep but later returned. Two vehicles - a Dodge Charger and a Dodge Challenger that belonged to Miles’ teammates Miller and Bradley - were blocking the road where the Jeep was parked.

Defendants are going to play the self-defense card...but they left the scene and returned. Miller and Bradley pulls up w/ the heat AND blocked the victims car in? They lucky as hell they aren't being charged.

If more and more details come out from bringing a gun, to blocking a car, etc etc the family of the victim might actually press charges against him too. He knew what was up, even if he didnt think it would end in a murder.

Whole situation is wild.

If more and more details come out from bringing a gun, to blocking a car, etc etc the family of the victim might actually press charges against him too. He knew what was up, even if he didnt think it would end in a murder.

Whole situation is wild.
It’s not up to the family of the victim to press charges against him in this case. It’s on the prosecutor to and seems like they haven’t found anything they deemed worthy of bringing charges for at this stage.

Back
Top Bottom