2025 NBA Draft Thread

I think it can be a deep draft but at the same time a lot of drafts always seem that way lol

This class seems to be getting more and more picked apart by everyone as the season went on

Tiebreakers are decided today, I think.

ezgif-3-3bdf024c7b.gif

And this is going to stop them? :lol:

Probably not. Worth a shot though to see if less busts will be drafted that high. Solid experiment till next CBA.

Was never a fan of players ducking these combines. I get it a lot of the influence is from the agent for a higher pay day, but from a competitive standpoint its a red flag.

If a kid shows out in the combine and dominates projected lotto picks. He deserves a higher pay day.

Probably not. Worth a shot though to see if less busts will be drafted that high. Solid experiment till next CBA.

Was never a fan of players ducking these combines. I get it a lot of the influence is from the agent for a higher pay day, but from a competitive standpoint its a red flag.

If a kid shows out in the combine and dominates projected lotto picks. He deserves a higher pay day.
It’s an awful experiment for the players. It tilts an already unbalanced process further in favor of the teams. They track these kids from middle school. There’s randomness to the draft regardless and it’s unlikely to change that. If anything, just a wage suppression tool for the teams by using the required medicals and bio mechanical information. CJ and company selling future players down the river because he won’t have to face the music later.

The take about a kid deserving a higher pay day from the combine just doesn’t make much sense. Doesn’t even work like that in the NFL. And 5 v 5 play isn’t even required.

Is 5 on 5 really not required part of this?

Medicals are huge man. I’m not drafting a kid with poor medicals, especially if they are purposely hiding it.

Middle school and even high school videos really don’t matter. The rivals top 100 is rarely close to who is drafted in the lotto. A setting where all the top college players are being evaluated at the same time will hold much more weight than some video. The more info the better, no reason a player should hide something.

Did you actually read the article? :lol:

At first only the headline. Just read it now. :lol:

Even after reading it, it shouldn’t change much. Maybe some drills and interviews will deter a team if a player consistently performs poorly. This shoulda been implemented a while ago.

Back
Top Bottom