21 or 27 inch iMac?

Anyone with either?  Wish they got the other instead?  Since I already have a Macbook (Core2duo one), and an iPad2 Im thinking about exchanging the MBP I got for Xmas for one of the iMacs.  All the specs seems within ballpark to me, so it comes down to screen size.  27 too big for a desktop?  The thought of the extra real estate and possibly using it to watch stuff every now and then intrigues me.  But then the 21 is more practical for a desktop and should be plenty.  Wucha guys think?

i wish they still made the 24...i hate odd numbers =/

but i have the 21...no regrets. If I need a larger screen, HDMI to the tv.

21" hurts my eyes. Ive read they have different types of displays than the 27"

Also screen real estate just doesn't seem to work right. Everything seems much smaller. I either have to get closer to the monitor (which can be bad for your eyes) or I have to zoom in when I am farther than a 36" distance from the screen.

The 21" also packs about the same amount of electronics, with much less space. In theory, because of this, a 27" should have a longer life span, or simply be more efficient in heat dissipation which can effect performance. The 27" have better graphics cards also.

These were all things I took into consideration before choosing the 21.5" over the 27" simply because of price-to-performance ratio. The 21.5" price-to-performance ratio is one of the best there is.

But for the things I need a computer for, such as writing and video editing, the 21.5" is not cutting the cake for me. I will be switching out for the 27" as soon as I come up with the funds to upgrade.

27 all day, that's what I use, have a 27" cinema display too. I'd add another if I could
laugh.gif

I'm gonna go against the grain here.

21 inch imac + 24 inch LED display with the $ difference >>>> 27 inch imac

I use the 27in ones at school. If I wanted a desktop that would be the one I would get. Nothing like have espn in one corner, a document, research, and something else random, all on the screen at once. I like the idea of the 21in and 24in led posted above tho

I bought the 27" iMac when it first released. At first, I thought the screen was too big, but after a day of use, I loved it.

27" iMac is the way to go. You might as well.. I use the 21" for work and although the size is good as well...I am happy with my personal 27" iMac.

Depends on what you need it for. If you need the real estate, go for it. If you think 21" is enough, go for that.

FWIW, posting from 27" i7 iMac, 8GB RAM. Love it. Designer.

the bigger the better.
got my old desktop hooked up to a 32 inch tv right now.

advantages: much bigger screen and great for lounging.lay on the bed and surf the net all day, play movies etc.
much more sociable when people come over too.

disadvantage: too big for a desk, and to just sit in front of the screen.(need a little eye space)

bt I do have a laptop so nothn to complain about.
i say go bigger and if you have any type of work you wanna do sitting at a desk then use the laptop.

Back
Top Bottom