21 or 27 inch iMac?

Originally Posted by chris nosnah

Originally Posted by Smokey13

How about getting a Mac Mini and hooking it up to a 40" or 46" tv?

This!

The mac mini is overpriced for its hardware (even by Apple price standards)
Configuring a Mac Mini to be somewhat equivalent to the iMac, youd still end up with a smaller HD, crappier graphics, iMac has quad core, mini is only dual.

Thanks for the replies guys, lotsa different insight. Although I do have a 22 inch Westinghouse monitor for my pc and that Mac mini idea intrigued me a second, my heart is with go big or go home. Bout to 27 it.

Cheaper on Amazon [url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004YLCE2S/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=g0826-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004YLCE2S]
ir

wsup guys! i'm considering a 27" 2.7GHZ iMac on amazon for $1598 prime because of the NO TAX benefit. Does anyone own the 3.1GHZ version? that will be almost an extra $300. Just wondering if you guys have noticed any difference in speed between the 2.7 and 3.1 and the improvement in the graphics card. any insight??? i'm mainly going to use the iMac for Video and photography editing. thanks!

Originally Posted by waverder

wsup guys! i'm considering a 27" 2.7GHZ iMac on amazon for $1598 prime because of the NO TAX benefit. Does anyone own the 3.1GHZ version? that will be almost an extra $300. Just wondering if you guys have noticed any difference in speed between the 2.7 and 3.1 and the improvement in the graphics card. any insight??? i'm mainly going to use the iMac for Video and photography editing. thanks!

definitely worth it to spend the extra $300 to upgrade to the 3.1GHz i5 & the 6970m.
Hell if you have some extra cash go for the i7 since your dealing with videos
Might want to upgrade the ram as well for faster performance. Don't do it via apple tho, get some cheap ram from amazon & diy

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by waverder

definitely worth it to spend the extra $300 to upgrade to the 3.1GHz i5 & the 6970m.
Hell if you have some extra cash go for the i7 since your dealing with videos
Might want to upgrade the ram as well for faster performance. Don't do it via apple tho, get some cheap ram from amazon & diy

thanks for the advice whyhellothere! this will be my first MAC. I can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom