22yo, recently laid off from first post-college job. What to do now?

Low key humble brag lol. Naw but I'm sure something will turn up soon based on your resume.
No bragging here. I'm humbled and grateful for all the opportunities/experiences I've been through. Poverty made me realize how hard it is to earn a dollar and to be very careful with money.

To put it simply, that $50k was all through my high school and college jobs.

Just wanted to provide as much info as I can to NT brethren. Thanks for the advice/love.

Last edited:
No offense, but you 22 with $50k saved up and had a $60k gig... You in better shape than a lot of cats on here that ARE employed. Don't know what advice you need, you seem well equipped to handle your circumstance...
real talk

theres a very small handful of people who are qualified to give op sound advice, and i dont think they post that often, and im not one of them *shrugs*

Your life sounds good OP. Keep your head up, somebody with your qualifications should have no trouble finding something else [emoji]128077[/emoji]

$50k at 22.

I am 19 with nowhere near that :rofl: . You'll be okay papi . Keep your head up :nthat:

50k saved up? Youre in better shape than most Americans homie 
laugh.gif
 you'll be fine

$50,00 already? Shoot... I would retire already!

I don't even have $50 in my bank account. :x

I'm kinda going to call duck takes on having 50k saved up.

I mean how is that possible. Like your 22. Say you started working when you were 16. Thats an average of 8k a year or so saved. Like what kinda job did he have? Unless his family is wealthy to begin with and he was able to not spend any money.

How you save up 50k on that salary?
Sounds like you come from money.

he also said no debt/student loans

safe to assume he is from money

he doing better than a lottttttt of ppl i know who are older than 22

Last edited:
How you save up 50k on that salary?
Sounds like you come from money.

he also said no debt/student loans

safe to assume he is from money

he doing better than a lottttttt of ppl i know who are older than 22

Something doesn't make sense. He's been able to work (diff jobs more than likely, so I'm sure he knows how to get another) through hs and college, not accumulate any debt, have 50k in the bank and now is when he's lost? Kind of an intricate yet pointless ducktale.

Last edited:
I'm kinda going to call duck takes on having 50k saved up.
Same, dude had an unpaid internship and barely a year of working at his current job if he graduated at the earliest 21/22.

To the dude with less than 50 dollars, aren't you married? :lol: better hope she don't read this thread.

@Slighted  - Saw your PM from yesterday and responded. Just saw this thread, feel free to send me your resume. Happy to take a look and provide feedback. 

I feel like this thread is digressing from the point of helping OP with advice on how to bounce back from unemployment; not sure why it's important whether or not he come's from money, more props to him if he does and is looking for independence. 

Back to your original post, if I was in your shoes I would tackle the job hunt from four angles (i) reach out to former co-workers and see if they have any friends looking to hire, I'm sure you made some allies at your previous job and you should lean on them to see if they could be helpful, (ii) continue reaching out to recruiters and seeing if you can meet them in person to discuss opportunities, (iii) see if you there are any alumni job postings from your college / reach out to any alumni who are in the industry to see if they could provide any leads and (iv) do not underestimate social networking via Linkedin, I have a good friend who did not receive a full-time offer from his junior summer internship and did not graduate with a job lined up, he reached out to a ton of recruiters and professionals on Linkedin and ultimately got an offer from one of those connections.

If you have not already, I would also see what job postings are on the sites below, they post a lot of great job openings for professionals in finance.  

https://onewire.com/

http://www.doostang.com/

Good luck with the job hunt 

Last edited:
To put it simply, that $50k was all through my high school and college jobs.

you saved 50k through HS and college?

what kinda of jobs?

did you resell sneakers? i find you intriguing if youre being truthful.

I feel like this thread is digressing from the point of helping OP with advice on how to bounce back from unemployment; not sure why it's important whether or not he come's from money, more props to him if he does and is looking for independence

he basically said that he isnt from money and that is money he saved thru HS and College.........50k isnt really what id call chump change to save through those years at all, pretty damn impressive..........an he has no debt/loans

you wonder why some ppl are reacting the way they are? bounce back? dude is in GOOD shape....hell be ok

Last edited:
@Runnyc - I could understand why you think we are getting away from the main point but **** just don't add up.

He said he was saving all through high school and college. Sounds to me like he made every right decision in his teenage years and then decided to get lost when he graduated college. It just doesn't make sense.

After years of being on this site you learn that the smallest of fibs can turn into some crazy **** getting exposed.

This may or may not be another instance.

Back
Top Bottom