23 by Jordan..can someone give me some info on this?

Hey guys I was in Nashville, TN last month and went to this charity event. One of the things at this auction were two t-shirts. The brand of these shirts is23 by Jordan. They explained that at one time Jordan had his own clothing line and store called "23." Jordan's father gave some of these shirtsout to the employees at this store. I have pictures of the two shirts, even with the tags still on it. If anyone could give me any info on these I'dreally appreciate it. Good Lookin.

Ready to Take Off

Money

Thanks again for any info

Thanks man I wasn't sure if i should put it in there bc it says talk about Jordan footwear..thanks tho man

I have no info, actually I never even heard of it. But the shirts are nice! Nice find.
smokin.gif

And technically I guess this wouldn't go in the jordan forum cause its not JB even though it is jordan's brand....

Originally Posted by rafsjays

I have no info, actually I never even heard of it. But the shirts are nice! Nice find.
smokin.gif

And technically I guess this wouldn't go in the jordan forum cause its not JB even though it is jordan's brand....

Thanks man I appreciate it, when I saw these I couldn't pass em up. I just wish i could find some information about it.

YO! Well... the store was Flight 23 by Jordan in Matthews, NC - a suburb of Charlotte. This was circa 89-91. I have very very few memories of the place becauseI was around 7 or 8 at the time; and not only that Charlotte wasn't quite as large so Matthews wasn't as accessible. There's been speculation foryears in this area that James' murder was somehow tied into debts he'd acquired (possibly this store played a part in those debts not being paid). Whoknows really, it's urban legend at this point. My thinking now being a 26 yr. old is that poor location doomed that store. I don't have manyconversations about the store because most of my friends (and even worse the "shoeheads" around here
eyes.gif
) have no recollection of the place. Iwas fortunate enough to have had a mother who drove me out there once or twice. I've been meaning to sift through newspaper archives for a story on itsgrand opening. If memory serves me right, Mike did an autograph signing in-store. If only OMWN hadn't gone AWOL... I'm sure he'd remember and havemore input.

Anyway, hope that helps. Thanks for the pics. DF!!!

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! Well... the store was Flight 23 by Jordan in Matthews, NC - a suburb of Charlotte. This was circa 89-91. I have very very few memories of the place because I was around 7 or 8 at the time; and not only that Charlotte wasn't quite as large so Matthews wasn't as accessible. There's been speculation for years in this area that James' murder was somehow tied into debts he'd acquired (possibly this store played a part in those debts not being paid). Who knows really, it's urban legend at this point. My thinking now being a 26 yr. old is that poor location doomed that store. I don't have many conversations about the store because most of my friends (and even worse the "shoeheads" around here
eyes.gif
) have no recollection of the place. I was fortunate enough to have had a mother who drove me out there once or twice. I've been meaning to sift through newspaper archives for a story on its grand opening. If memory serves me right, Mike did an autograph signing in-store. If only OMWN hadn't gone AWOL... I'm sure he'd remember and have more input.

Anyway, hope that helps. Thanks for the pics. DF!!!

Thats awesome man thanks for the info. The charity event people said that these shirts were designed by his dad and given out only employees that workedat the store. I'm just trying to find out if thats true. If anyone else has any more info it would be greatly appreciated. But for real AirAnt23 goodlookin on the info

To the post starter, thanks for bringing up this topic. AirAnt, much appreciated on the input, I have maybe a dozen of those Jordan shirts sitting downstairsin my basement most of them which I don't even fit into anymore, I always wondered, everytime I looked at the tag that what would be the history behindthis, was it Nike or another brand etc...……only if they'd make shirts like that now-days.

Originally Posted by SoLeSuPrEmE

To the post starter, thanks for bringing up this topic. AirAnt, much appreciated on the input, I have maybe a dozen of those Jordan shirts sitting downstairs in my basement most of them which I don't even fit into anymore, I always wondered, everytime I looked at the tag that what would be the history behind this, was it Nike or another brand etc...……only if they'd make shirts like that now-days.

No problem man, when I saw these two shirts I had to get them. I really wanted to see the history behind this as well and I'm glad I know now.

ThunderChunk sorry man these are the only two they had at the Charity Event. If they had more I would of definitely bought them all.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! Curious... how much did those shirts go for? DF!!!

Stole my question! Can't believe it took 14 posts for someone to ask!!

Well at the hotel there was a silent auction with a bunch of different sports memorabilia and the bid started at $50 for the two. I went up to the two dudesthat were running it and said that I really liked em and that I would give em $55 for em straight up em and i guess because they had so much stuff they saidaight and I was able get em.

^AirAnt, everytime i see Yo! DF! it just puts me in a good mood
laugh.gif
(nh) it seems so cheerful
roll.gif

AirAnt if u ever find that article about the Flight 23 store let me know I'd be very interested in reading that man

Originally Posted by JBlaze23

Well at the hotel there was a silent auction with a bunch of different sports memorabilia and the bid started at $50 for the two. I went up to the two dudes that were running it and said that I really liked em and that I would give em $55 for em straight up em and i guess because they had so much stuff they said aight and I was able get em.
eek.gif
eek.gif

That is a helluva STEAL!!!

Sorry about the double post I was on my sidekick...but yea Demon it was amazing. I figured I'd give it a shot and I never thought they would say yes. andSupreme how many of these shirts do you have? I was jw

Back
Top Bottom