24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

^ I'm trying to get into the 800 gang with @BeezyGotSole
, @Zyzz
, @jon4rd
, @PolosandDunks

Lol I feel that. I'm still a ways from 800 my highest is 750.

With utilization does it count per card or all of them combined? Say i have a card for $1k and max it out and my other card is $5k with full availability, would i still count as under 30%?

It's kinda both. Maxing out a card is never good and will make your scores drop a good bit even if you have your total utilization under 30%.

With utilization does it count per card or all of them combined? Say i have a card for $1k and max it out and my other card is $5k with full availability, would i still count as under 30%?
It counts both ways. Overall utilization and utilization per card. Any card that is maxed out or close to max will hurt you score. Overall utilization is the same either way but would be better if that $1k was on the $5k card.

^ I'm trying to get into the 800 gang with @BeezyGotSole, @Zyzz, @jon4rd, @PolosandDunks
Not in the 800 gang
laugh.gif
. Don't care to be either .

So while Discover declined me on the basis of my Transunion credit score, I checked my Experium report and nothing negative is on there, only my student loans that aren't even due for a whole two years. So I don't know why I got declined, lemme see what Transunion is talking about.

So while Discover declined me on the basis of my Transunion credit score, I checked my Experium report and nothing negative is on there, only my student loans that aren't even due for a whole two years. So I don't know why I got declined, lemme see what Transunion is talking about.

Sometimes collections accounts don't report to all 3 bureaus. The creditor may only report it to one or two of them. Get your annual free credit report from all three bureaus at annualcreditreport.com

Didn't see if this was asked but how long after getting the discover it card can you request a CLI?

Didn't see if this was asked but how long after getting the discover it card can you request a CLI?
Got my Discover IT card in November 2015 ($5500 limit)

Discover gave me automatic CLI to $7200 in February 2016

I requested CLI a few days ago ($3k approved --> total $10,200 limit now)

I'd say 3 months is a good time.

Last edited:
lol im not gonna be in 800 for a while, i did best i could with my credit reports so is what it is.

Last edited:
Not 100% sure I know Discovery is where it's at with cash back. Thinking miles though been looking on a few sites trying to decide.

Yea discover is probably the best cash back card with the double cash back promo if you want to go that route. What kind of card do you have already? And what kind of spending will you be putting on the card?

Yea discover is probably the best cash back card with the double cash back promo if you want to go that route. What kind of card do you have already? And what kind of spending will you be putting on the card?

Right now just a credit card from my credit union. $3k limit and I spend about 2 on it a month. Basically no rewards associated with it so I want to just get a new card so I can actually get something back with my spending so similar to what I'm doing now.

Right now just a credit card from my credit union. $3k limit and I spend about 2 on it a month. Basically no rewards associated with it so I want to just get a new card so I can actually get something back with my spending so similar to what I'm doing now.

Will you be flying a specific airline or probably not? If so, what airline?

Back
Top Bottom