25 and older Jordan heads

I'm currently working at a deli part time for some extra scratch, anyways while I was at work I'm wearing my Jordan 14 forest green. Anyways this 18 yr old kid who is shooting the breeze with me goes and says how he only collects og kicks and sells them for money and swears he's not a hype beast, he was asking about my own personal collection and why I won't sell mine and why I wear them. My question to the older Jordan heads is this do any of you guys still wear your Jordan's no matter how old an or rare. And 2 would you sell your collection if the offer was well worth it?
Hell yeah i would sell them!! They are sneakers! They will get yellowed and crumble eventually. It's nice to have a while then sell.
Buuuut if they were my OG pair from when I was a little kid no way would I sell them.
I respect your POV but 
indifferent.gif
. That mentality is what's wrong with being able to buy kicks, but it's free game for all.

I'm 37 and my first pair of j's were the og black cement 4's... With Jordan's being my favorite , I have always liked diffrent brands ...I'm loving the fact that other brands are starting to retro now.. I can see myself wearing sneakers when I'm 60.. Lol

I am 40. I had the first Blk/red Air Jordan 1's on the day they cam out. I bought the white/red/blk 1's that summer. I started in 1982 with Sky Force and continue to collect. I give most of my shoes away. I have probably given more than 400 shoes away at least. I was a Jordan nut since 1984 with Converse star tech for Olympics and Adidas Forum's from the Olympic trials. Air Ships, Air Train, etc. Still a Jordan fan, I have 8 pair of 28's. I always bought other brands too. I wear them all. Not a fan of re-selling and the hype beast market, but all things change. It's been fun. 

Me too. You mentioned you're 33 and I'm 32 myself. I know everyone says this and it's pretty cliché, but I am so thankful I was able to see MJ's entire career. I look at kids lining up for Jordans these days and I think to myself that 90% of you probably never saw MJ in a Bulls uniform.

I mean not just MJ, we got to see Griffey Jr, Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, Jerry Rice etc etc etc.
...Mike Tyson, Andre Agassi, the 1992 Dream Team, Wayne Gretzky... the list goes on and on.
I don't know how I missed this post. Let's also add the Fab 5. Them black socks you got on there young'n started with 5 freshmen who didn't give a f..........

Yeah I mean you could go on forever with awesome athletes from our days. Magic and Bird weren't even mentioned! I feel sad for kids who never got to see the Fab 5.

But in 20 years someone will be sitting around reminiscing and saying "Man I can't believe these kids never saw Kobe and LeBron!" 
laugh.gif

Was never bout the shoes but the player that wore them! MJ's sneakers (Og colorways)  i will collect!!!

*33 yrs old and buyin now what i couldnt afford when i was a kid 
nthat.gif

Was never bout the shoes but the player that wore them! MJ's sneakers

i'm the opposite, growing up...jordan wasn't even my favorite player (he was 2nd favorite)

it's something about nike air, the visible air unit (itself) & the idea of a plush decked out basketball sneaker that was also specifically designed to cater to off-court use as well
THE functional luxury sneaker that mj happen to dunk in, i should say though - mj made it the perfect combination of things put together

Last edited:
Was never bout the shoes but the player that wore them! MJ's sneakers

i'm the opposite, growing up...jordan wasn't even my favorite player (he was 2nd favorite)

it's something about nike air, the visible air unit (itself) & the idea of a plush decked out basketball sneaker that was also specifically designed to cater to off-court use as well
THE functional luxury sneaker t
hat mj happen to dunk in, i should say though - mj made it the perfect combination of things put together
This right here is so key and I miss those days dearly 
mean.gif
. Retros are cool but they are soul-less clones (no pun intended)

I'm 28, and I've been fortunate to own and wear several OG/retro Js since the IIs. My collection expanded since last year, but I'm curbing my spending now, since I'm planning on getting married and expecting my first kid next year. It's just not the same anymore. Have to jump thru too many hoops just to buy some damn shoes.

I am 28 and I only buy the Js I want. I wear suits to work monday through the friday and I rock my sneaks on the weekend. I just started collecting retros last year. My parents refused to buy them for me. In the 8th grade my mother bought a pair of Jumpman sneakers and that was it. Now that I can afford to collect I do. I've never bought a pair to resell. It's just not worth it. Retail price + tax + an ebay or amazon seller fee just doesn't equal enough profit for me. It's a waste of my time.

26 here and was able to have a few OG models as a kid. My aunt would hook me and my lil cousin up with some pairs. I had aqua 8s, Concords, Black toes. Ive always been into sneakers but never could afford the collecting like i do now. So i was more into shoes that my ma could afford for me. More AF1s Reeboks and other classics

34 and no I won't sell my **** either,I stock pile kicks I'm feelin until the hype has passed and they have been totally forgotten, then break em out fresh AF...ex:forest green 14's still on ice DS prob for another year then il break em out

40 years old checking in. Started wearing Jordan's back in grammar school when the first Jordan's landed.

Damn turning 36 next month... I not only buy Js but look to buy any shoe(s) I like...

Nope no age limit... Had a woman ask when I was going to stop wearing Js , I said when I'm cremated wearing them! One thing I will say though the sneaker subculture is destroyed unfortunately. Gone are the days when I could rock a pair of Pony's or Lotto's and turn heads. Now it's all about how much one paid ...SMH

40 years old checking in. Started wearing Jordan's back in grammar school when the first Jordan's landed.

Same here , 40 yrs young, got the jordan 1s when they first came out. I got a BOGO that day. One pair of the royals and one pair of the white/red/black for $59.99 for both on delancey st in New York

Definitely no age limit for shoes.  I just buy the ones I like, usually toned down J's.  I dont buy anything like the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air 5's, DB5's and Green Glows.   Although they look cool, I just can't see myself wearing them.  They dont fit into my rotation of clothes. 

31 here and I been into Jordans since I first saw the 4s back in 1989, fast forward 7 years and my aunt copped me the OG Air Jordan 11 "BREDS" on March 17 1996, damn I was doing it. Never could afford J's as a kid as my grandparents raised me and my aunts and uncles on what little we had. So now that I'm grown and have kids of my own I do my best to keep them laced in Nike's and Jordan's. I buy what I couldn't afford as a kid and cherish them because frankly it's been a long time coming. I had OG indiglos, Bred 11's. Sorry to rant but basically I buy what I like and love quality over quantity.

I'm 30. I buy all the kicks I couldn't afford when I was growing up, but still have hard time justifying 160 for a crappy quality shoe. I usually buy 3-4 pairs so I can resell and not feel so bad about dropping money on my shoe collection.

33 right here.  Got into kicks when I was in middle school, but lost the passion for it as I got older and grew more into cars.  I remember back in the days my mom and aunt would go with me to pick up a pair of kicks at the local mom and pops shop.  They were the ones that would negotiate for a lower price and it would always work too, even for j's. (Can't imagine that ever happening anymore, LOL).  Funny thing is I was looking at an old photo album last week with my lady and actually spotted myself in a pic from probably 20 years ago with a pair of fire red 5's.  Brought back a lot of memories.  Just recently got back into sneakers the past few years as I grew out of cars and back into shoes. 

29 over here and these last few years sucks being a sneakerhead. The glory days of casually walking into a store and copping kicks are long gone. I need to form relationships with staff and have a programmer just to have a shot at copping kicks now n days :rolleyes . Thought about falling back and not copping but never could bring myself to it. 200 pairs in and still going!!!

Back
Top Bottom