#18 Brown
#19 Buffalo State
#20 Harvard
#21 Alabama A&M
#22 New Jersey Institute of Technology
#23 Yale
#24 University of California - Riverside
#25 The College of Saint Rose

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-09-18/how-safe-is-your-college/

My college is on here, but I feel safe on campus.

Never would've thought the Tech Institutes (MIT) and Ivy Leagues would be up there..

Guess it's since there's more wealthy people on campus..?

From what I read in the description for each school, most of the info was collected in 2007. So if something big happened on the campus in 07 it was factoredinto the rankings. I just realized Georgia Tech isn't on this list, I know they've been getting robbed a lot over there in the past few months.

Originally Posted by romedadude

#22 New Jersey Institute of Technology
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I remember it was voted most depressing college when I was there
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

my college is on there! it is ghetto outside of campus. had my car broken into.

My school is in the Safe list lol

#12, Fashion Institute of Technology
Student Population: 9,938
The biggest city in America is also one of the safest, and numerous New York schools would have made this list if not for our methodology that excludescommuter schools. As such, FIT, which houses about 20 percent of its students in its Manhattan residence halls, is the only New York City school to make ourcut. "Our campus is primarily on a single city block, so we're contained," says Sherry Brabham, vice president for finance and administration(the security department reports to her). "Our dorms are right across the street from our academic buildings so in some ways we've created a littlecommunity here within New York City." While violent crime was generally low, FIT incurred five rapes in the nearby vicinity in 2007. There were noassaults or robberies on public property for the same year.

can't say I agree with this by any means.

Emerson college? that school is in downtown Boston in one of the nicer areas near Boston Common and the Theater district.

Tufts University? always felt very safe in that area.

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

My school is in the Safe list lol

#12, Fashion Institute of Technology
invite me to parties
nerd.gif
happy.gif

lets bring some tights wearing females to Triple Crown bar nearby
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

i go to UCR and i feel safe around campus. But downtown riverside...not so much

Originally Posted by rhester

4 Schools in Maryland....

smh.gif

I go to UB #14 and it isn't that surprising. The headline of the school paper coming back this fall was a teacher getting held up at knifepoint in one ofthe parking garages. You have to be on your toes in charm city.

Originally Posted by rgoya

thats where i went, see above. once you get off of campus its ghetto.

Originally Posted by rgoya

I'm not a UCR student, but I use to always go to parties over there when I lived in the I.E Downtown Riverside is a damn dump, infact my bro-in-law gotheld up for 2bills where that Starbucks parking lot is on University
smh.gif

I know a bunch of people who have been robbed/beaten around USC.

Campus is dead center in the hood.

eek.gif
MIT? Thats hard to believe.

laugh.gif
@ Alabama A&M. I go to school like 15 min away

A lot of data seems inaccurate. Emerson is in downtown Boston and almost all colleges in and around Boston are situated near poorer neighborhoods with homelesswho linger.
I never had a problem around Emerson myself, even late at night. This thing is false.

Originally Posted by SharpiePoint

A lot of data seems inaccurate. Emerson is in downtown Boston and almost all colleges in and around Boston are situated near poorer neighborhoods with homeless who linger.
I never had a problem around Emerson myself, even late at night. This thing is false.
Yeah I didn't really put too much stock into these rankings. Like I said most of the data compiled is from 2007 and many campuses have becomesafer (or more dangerous) in the time since.

Back
Top Bottom