25 Most Dangerous Colleges

Harvard, Yale, and MIT go hard.
laugh.gif

if you read the methodology, it says that crime statistics were taken from both ON campus and NEARBY campus.

also, crime is reported per capita, which means that some really large schools probably benefit more than small schools (virginia tech, for instance, becauseof its 30,000+ students)

finally, crime is weighted based on severity. obviously murder is weighted the most.

it seems like my alma mater (UCR) is gettin dinged for arsons ("lothian is burning down, burning down, burning down!") and aggravated assaults thatoccurred off campus.....well, yeah so damn what, i loved my campus experience and never felt unsafe, except when ol boy tried to bomb my graduation...or thecreep who was grabbin ankles through the bathroom stalls....or that dude who was raping other dudes...or.......

Surprisingly my school isn't on there. We went from number 2 a couple of years ago, to not on the list. UMD doesn't make any list anymore, other thansucky football team list

no wonder my boy said he's so happy he moved to toronto from baltimore, so he could go to school here instead of there

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

lol at Eastern Shore... basically what happens when you take a bunch of hood _'s and put them in a farm in the middle of nowhere.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
i know someone who graduated from there and she said people were always gettin stabbed smh.
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

DMV puttin in work
pimp.gif
. Howard and UMCP probably in the 25-50 range
laugh.gif
word.

and i don't know how they left out Coppin St. its probably worse than Bowie.

I was surprised Coppin didn't make this list, but technically, most of the crime doesn't happen on campus.

Most of that UMES crime is boredom. You can't take a bunch of city kids and just drop them in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do.

Originally Posted by yep617

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

can't say I agree with this by any means.

Emerson college? that school is in downtown Boston in one of the nicer areas near Boston Common and the Theater district.

Tufts University? always felt very safe in that area.
Although in the past 5+ years the Common and Theater district has been cleaned up. There are still a lot of blatant drug use and dealing that goes on all day and night.

M.I.T. is pretty close to Central Square, same thing applies.

Tufts, I cant figure that one out.

All in all I'm still surprised these schools are that high. It just goes to show not everyone has the same idea of what feeling safe is.

This list makes no sense, however there were multiple serial rapists harassing girls on the Tufts campus when I was there and a string of robberies. Nothingthat warrants being on this list tho. Tufts also has it's own police force ON campus, and they do a good job keeping the goons away for the most part.

I don't understand M.I.T. and Harvard

Why is my school NUmber 6?

UMES is NOT that dangerous...I feel safer walking around this campus than I do in the streets of BK

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Originally Posted by romedadude

#1 Emerson College
#2 St. Xavier University
#3 University of Maryland - Baltimore
#4 Tufts University
#5 MIT
#6 University of Maryland - Eastern Shore
#7 Grambling State University
#8 South Caroline State
#9 Bowie State
#10 North Carolina Central
#11 Fitchburg State
#12 Illinois Institute of Technology
#13 Hampton University
#14 University of Baltimore
#15 Norfolk State University
#16 California State University - Monteray Bay
#17 Springfield College
#18 Brown
#19 Buffalo State
#20 Harvard
#21 Alabama A&M
#22 New Jersey Institute of Technology
#23 Yale
#24 University of California - Riverside
#25 The College of Saint Rose

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-09-18/how-safe-is-your-college/

My college is on here, but I feel safe on campus.
No surprise. Seeing as I go there

Now u know it aint even that bad. How many times we walked around campus when it was pitch black

Or worse, how many time have you walked around by urself?

#1 Emerson College
#2 St. Xavier University
#4 Tufts University
#5 MIT
#8 South Caroline State
#9 Bowie State
#11 Fitchburg State
#13 Hampton University
#17 Springfield College
#18 Brown
#19 Buffalo State
#20 Harvard
#21 Alabama A&M
#23 Yale

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-09-18/how-safe-is-your-college/

smh.gif
at significant % of being HBC's.

MIT? Harvard? Yale? Tufts?

Originally Posted by dipsett247

yale and harvard? are you serious?
Why would you even question Yale or Harvard...can't speak on Harvard, but New Haven ain't exactly Beverly Hills.....Yale DESERVES to be onthe list.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by Killmatic07

Yale? it's in the center of the city, I go to school in the same city but in the actual outskirts of the city where it gets worse. And no Temple or Drexel???

NEW HAVEN
pimp.gif

where you go fam SCSU?

BLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Nah fam, The University of New Haven, it's actually in west haven, like a 3 mile walk to yale.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by dipsett247

yale and harvard? are you serious?
Why would you even question Yale or Harvard...can't speak on Harvard, but New Haven ain't exactly Beverly Hills.....Yale DESERVES to be on the list.

Nah, I don't think so, Yale's campus is pretty safe. Their in the center of town, the only threats are bums and drunk people. I'm go to school outthere, New Haven isn't nice but its no Philly or Bmore. Few people have gotten robbed but nothing too serious.

for those questioning yale, yale's in the middle of the hood. but at the same time, yale's entire campus is gated and you need a key to get into mostof the facilities. but then again, there was just a murder on campus.

temple should be on here for the fact that they're dead in the middle of the hood, and howard too.

brown is nowhere near dangerous. at all. AT ALL. actually it's in the safest part of the city and in my two years of living there, i'd NEVER seenanything happen.

i could see temple being on there but our campus had its own police force and there wasnt any real high profile stuff there the 4 past years i was there ceptan undercover gettin murked a couple blocks from campus
st rose, thats wild tho, arbor hill at it again

Originally Posted by HarlemKickDiva

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

#1 Emerson College
#2 St. Xavier University
#4 Tufts University
#5 MIT
#8 South Caroline State
#9 Bowie State
#11 Fitchburg State
#13 Hampton University
#17 Springfield College
#18 Brown
#19 Buffalo State
#20 Harvard
#21 Alabama A&M
#23 Yale

No surprise. Seeing as I go there

Now u know it aint even that bad. How many times we walked around campus when it was pitch black

Or worse, how many time have you walked around by urself?
Man I walk round UMES listening to Death Metal. They afraid I might flip out and rob them instead.
roll.gif
People that get hurt at UMES are idiots or they ask for it by walking bythemselves in pitch black spots like by the temps around Plaza. I swear people don't have common sense anymore

Back
Top Bottom