2pac overrated???? YOUR THOUGHTS!!!!

yea i think hes overrated
he was solid in what he did but hes not a top 5 rapper imo

Originally Posted by OthelloxTwon

lol...then why did you take the 2 mins in your life to respond to the post??
laugh.gif

Cause i stayed out the last one that went 11 pages, to much ignorance was being spewed

And no offense meant, i wasn't specifically referring to you. You actually have a lil bit of insightful discussion going on here. Carry on...

none taken...just playin around

and it's that ridiculous back and forth convo that i hate...with stupid reasons and completely bias analysis

so in that respect I completely understand you haze!

I believe he is, as many musicians are glorified after their passing

I don't think he was bad, but some of the stuff people saw about him has me
eyes.gif

As an MC, he's def overrated. As an artist? Probably not. He's touched the masses more than any artist has or ever will. He's probably the mostinfluential rapper I've ever seen. Besides that, I don't care too much of his music, no matter how many of you cry on how he deserves to be in my top10 or 15.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

As an MC, he's def overrated. As an artist? Probably not. He's touched the masses more than any artist has or ever will. He's probably the most influential rapper I've ever seen. Besides that, I don't care too much of his music, no matter how many of you cry on how he deserves to be in my top 10 or 15.
That's whats wrong with hip hop. People telling other people who should be in their top 10 or 15. How you gon tell me who I should like? Ihave Cam'ron, Ice Cube, 2Pac in my top 10. NT hates these rappers (They dont hate camron but msot think its laughable I have him so high) but do i care?no. Cause at the end of the day the music has to go through my ears not yours.

^Basically. I respect his legacy but if I don't listen to an artist, there's no point of him being in my top...regardless of the affect he's had onothers.

IMO he is by far the most overrated MC in history.
AGREED. I love Pac and iu think in terms of trying to change !++% and rapping for a cause he is #1, but his legacy got soooooo inhanced when hedied. I think iys cause he had that whole feud with BIG people from the west try and make it look like he was as good as BIG. IMO as a rapper he just aint. Ifhe were still alive and doing !++% i dont think anybody would even think about comparing him to dudes like Biggie and Nas and those guys. Pac tried to make achange and thats all good and i still say he is a top 10 rapper, but like for people who dont know much about hip-hop they automatically assume that PAc is theGOAT, he has the greatest legacy, and because of that he is overated IMO.

Well Pac had attitude and then some, he became an icon. He was a damn good actor too. So it's not a surprise that he's held so high by many...

But in terms of music...yes, very overrated. I mean he was a solid rapper (by today standards, he's more than solid actually) , but compared to others thatwere out during his time, he was nowhere near the best.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

As an MC, he's def overrated. As an artist? Probably not. He's touched the masses more than any artist has or ever will. He's probably the most influential rapper I've ever seen. Besides that, I don't care too much of his music, no matter how many of you cry on how he deserves to be in my top 10 or 15.
That's whats wrong with hip hop. People telling other people who should be in their top 10 or 15. How you gon tell me who I should like? I have Cam'ron, Ice Cube, 2Pac in my top 10. NT hates these rappers (They dont hate camron but msot think its laughable I have him so high) but do i care? no. Cause at the end of the day the music has to go through my ears not yours.

I don't think anybody should be able to tell you your list is wrong, but debating over top 10 and who is better than who is a part of hip hop.

I believe Pac might be the most infuential rapper of all time, but he is nowhere near the best MC of all time. I think people let his infuence and all theoutside forces cloud their judgement.

Man what yall smoking????? Pac was the realest rap cat to ever touch the mike PERIOD. Overated what yall smokin?
mad.gif

Pac was overrated. i enjoyed all eyes on me somewhat but the rest is just plain wack. people love him because he conveyed an image of Thuglife, and realness. isee why people love him but its pretty funny to me. hes not a lyrcist. wack

I'm not sure about the US but in other countries this man is overrated like no other.
The dudes that overrate him are the ones that can't even name two Pac albums. They tend to be people that don't know much about hip hop.

these nyc rappers are the ones that are overrated

in the 90's these nyc dudes was yapping about nothing and going plat,or have 1 album out and now all of a sudden they the greatest
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by phillypac

these nyc rappers are the ones that are overrated

in the 90's these nyc dudes was yapping about nothing and going plat,or have 1 album out and now all of a sudden they the greatest
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Pac = the most overrated rapper ever, son was average at best and dudes holding on to his verses like there sacred or something
tired.gif

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

dude is DUMB overrated.

marginal lyricist @ best

thanks Karsten. i ain't wanna say it. thought i would get tortured by the Pac stans.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom