3-22-11 Mega Millions 244,000,000 UPDATE: 312 MILL is next!

I don't know..I'm thinking sure it would be smart taking the annual payments to prevent spending habits (and also being able to flip 12 at a time) but another part is saying do I really want the government to withhold all my funds?

BTW I played three bucks worth as well as one qp on the power ball

NT summit on me n Miami if I win.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

If you win, would you cash it out or disburse it?

At this point, I can do the 26 annual payments, especially since I had this clarified

9. What happens to Mega Millions payments if the winner dies before collecting?

If a winner dies before receiving all annual payments, Mega Millions will continue to pay the annual payments, as scheduled, to the winner's designated beneficiary or to the winner's estate.

Winners who choose the annuity method will receive 26 annual Mega Millions payments. Check with your state lottery for more specific information.
But i'd feel much more comfortable knowing that the money is in someone elses name in the event I die after I took the lump payment.
but why take it as an annuity?  dont you have enough confidence in your own abilities (or that of the financial advisor that you will undoubtedly hire) to make a better rate of return than what the Lottery is paying you?

Cash value is $198MM today versus 26 annual payments of $12MM/yr.  Assuming you compound monthly, thats LESS than a 4% rate.  Any legitimate financial advisor should be able to make you more than a 4% return in their sleep.

Didn't think it through that far, I was just thinking it in my head as face value I guess, but nonetheless you're right. I mean, we're all talking wreckless thinking up what we'd do with it, but once I win, i'll definitely talk to a financial planner. Either that or play baccarat
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bc60997

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Both of you obviously missed the point.  I was simply stating a few facts, which I guess is a little to advanced for some of you.  I don't think anyone spends mortgage money on them.  I will be right there with you I buy a couple tickets usually when it gets up this high.
wink.gif
laugh.gif
child please- you are just back peddling now...you were talking down on people who buy a few tickets and tryna kick knowledge about how it doesn't increase your chances enough to warrant the $ spent....then you turn around and say you yourself buy a couple

its not that serious....good luck to you- i just don't like your condescending tone....dream with the rest of us in the thread or keep it moving-

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

There is the will I go crazy with the spending factor.
 I'm taking the cash But I would want to know about a non taxable way to shield myself from at least 100 million of that money.

There is an easy way.

Take that money, deposit it into offshore accounts, pick up and move out of the US and never step foot in the US or any nation that has an extradition treaty/agreement with the US ever again unless you want to spend a lot of time locked up for tax evasion.  Its easy, but I never said it wouldnt suck.

k9tgcn.jpg

I left like 5 pieces of paper from my other pool in my tool box at work. But basically I'm sitting on a lil' over $200 collectively via 3 pools. I'm about to go cop $10 of my own and we'll see where things go. Good luck to all!!!

Just realized a couple of them are from old tickets. I keep them all in the same pockets but you get the idea...

gonna cop my 10 lines in a minute.....5 easy picks and 5 I came up with.....how does a polar bear skinned wave cap sound *crosses fingers*

Originally Posted by baik

got my 5 bucks in...I'll be back with my millions of dollars tonight

Sounds good brotha, i'll check in with my hundreds of millions at around the same time 
pimp.gif

I have a crazy lottery idea i was thinking about.

Say I buy $5 worth of tickets. Then i buy the SAME 5 tickets again. That way, if someone else wins, i would get 2/3 of the jackpot.

laugh.gif
I've never done it, but every time the lotto gets up there i always consider it.

Originally Posted by swendro88

Say I buy $5 worth of tickets. Then i buy the SAME 5 tickets again. That way, if someone else wins, i would get 2/3 of the jackpot.

laugh.gif
I've never done it, but every time the lotto gets up there i always consider it.
thats not crazy, though.

Originally Posted by best hands in the game

Originally Posted by swendro88

laugh.gif
thats not crazy, though.

oh, ok. carry on then.

$1 is all it takes..... Thats all im buying. And come 11pm, im prepared to throw it away like I always do.
grin.gif

I got this fortune cookie that said "You will be coming into a large fortune.  Use it wisely"  Coincidence? I think not...
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom