3 more years in IRAQ (obama plan out the window)

Bush is speaking for Obama now?
roll.gif
They met once so Bush can show him the White Houseand that was it.

Gates is being kept as SOD because it's a difficult transition during a time of war and troops are in battle zones. Gates does not have a permanentposition in Obama's cabinet, better believe that.

Obama's withdrawal plan is still in effect as stated on his website.

http://change.gov/agenda/iraq_agenda/
Military experts believe we can safely redeploy combat brigades from Iraq at a pace of 1 to 2 brigades a month -- which would remove all of them in 16 months. That would be the summer of 2010 -- more than 7 years after the war began.
I am sure it will be reevaluated once he steps into the WH and the situation is reassessed. Bottom line, we have 140,000 US troops in Iraq andslowly but surely they are all coming home.

And Bush needs to just shut the hell up already. Why is he all giddy about this withdrawal now? Less than a year and a half ago he said this...
"I believe setting a deadline for a withdrawal would demoralise the Iraqi people, would encourage killers across the broader Middle East, and send a signal that America will not keep its commitments,"

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Do people not understand that if we would leave Iraq in its current state it would be in worst shape than it was before we invaded? I mean look at Afghanistan, we are still occupying it now and it's in horrible shape. If we want any of the changes to stick there, they have to leave a military presence there for a while. We don't want them to be a bigger threat later on then they "might" have been before. I understand it's a money sink, but it's just not as simple as the common person thinks.
Pretty much.

If the US pulls out before the Iraqis are ready to handle things, the ensuing power vacuum will lead to guess who taking control of the country? A well-armedtyrant. Sound like anyone who was recently ousted?

A supportive military presence is necessary in Iraq in order to hold on to the gains that have been made, whatever they may be. That's up for debate. Otherwise, things will go back to just like they were before the US invaded (probably worse, given the heightened anti-US sentiment over the past 7 years) andwe'll have REALLY been over there for nothing. Once the Iraqis prove that they can handle things, let's get the hell out of there. Fast.

This is speaking from a strictly pragmatic standpoint. Like plenty of other people, I've got friends over there and I'd like nothing more than to seethem come home safely.

That was an unfair and biased interview IMO. Just keep in mind these events have not happened in America,

I bet bush is gonna come out with a book like OJ did with " if I did it"

dudes gonna be confessing everything. " I once did some blow off of Laura's chest."

Originally Posted by outbackbob24

I bet bush is gonna come out with a book like OJ did with " if I did it"

dudes gonna be confessing everything. " I once did some blow off of Laura's chest."

If he did do that, nobody would be able to do a gotdamn thing about it

Originally Posted by NothingBefore

Do people not understand that if we would leave Iraq in its current state it would be in worst shape than it was before we invaded? I mean look at Afghanistan, we are still occupying it now and it's in horrible shape. If we want any of the changes to stick there, they have to leave a military presence there for a while. We don't want them to be a bigger threat later on then they "might" have been before. I understand it's a money sink, but it's just not as simple as the common person thinks.
THIS IS THE BEST EXCUSE THEY GIVE US

ON THE TOPIC ON LEAVING LOL

WE CAN RUN IN WITHIN AWEEK BUT TAKE YEARS TO LEAVE
alien.gif

THATS ALL BULLCRAP

IF WE CAN SHOOT MISSILES OUT THE SKY
& SEE A PENNY ON THE FLOOR FROM SPACE

WE ARE REALLY WORRIED BOUT A COUNTRY LIKE THAT ATTACKING US????

NAH MAN

THIS POWER THING IS REALLY LOSING GRIP NOW NOTHING MAKES SENSE
Wow you are really ignorant for making a comment like this. It's not as simple as you seriously think. You are what I like to call as well as many foreigners the "ignorant American who thinks America can do everything better than everyone else and they can screw anybody and everybody they think is necessary." If you seriously think that then LOL @ you. Do you know how easy it is to bring a nuke into a city? Watch the movie "The Sum of All Fears," it'll give you a nice clue just how easy it is. Now, do we want something like this to occur in Iraq after we brought hell there? It's a real possibility that some fanatics would do it to the newly established government there. Do you read about all the foiled assasination plots on all these elected officials in both iraq and Afgahnistan? As a person who actually cares about the state of the world, and not being a selfish bastard and only care about the U.S., I believe we owe it to these people to leave the country in a better state than when we took over.

Stop being ignorant and selfish and think of others. You wouldn't want a country to take over the U.S. and then leave it in a tragic state now would you? I understand that we all care that these wars are hurting our overall economy. But nothing is as simple as the common person thinks. That's the difference between a "lay"/common person and someone whos educated and on top. The common person will only understand things in the most simplist way of yes or no. They don't know the maybes. And you just made youself seem very uneduacted and immature at the same time with your capslock rant.
IF A COUNTRY TOOK OVER

MORE THEN LIKELY I WOULD BE DEAD
indifferent.gif

AND I WOULD RATHER THEM LEAVE ASAP THEN STAY

THATS LIKE KEEPING THE RAPIST AROUND YOUR CHILD

EVEN WHEN YOU KNOW HE TOUCHED YOUR KID

INFACT WE ARE LIKE THE ONLY COUNTRY THAT HELPS AFTER A WAR

IF THE NAZI TOOK OVER YOU THINK THEY WOULD BE HELPING US AFTERWARDS
laugh.gif

AMERICA ONLY HELPS CAUSE ITS MONEY TO BE MADE

AKA SUPERCOP

Originally Posted by TY SHYNE

Obama's plan was NEVER going to be put into place. It's what alot of folks wanted to hear, but not at all what would be right or smart. Barrack Obama is a smart man and he knew his 16 month withdraw plan would gain him votes, but he knows that its going to take much longer then that for an effective plan to be put in place. He is a politician just like every other.

Back
Top Bottom