3 police officers killed in Oakland

I didn't see this posted...I searched it too but lock if it is posted...

(CNN) -- At least three police officers in Oakland, California, were shot and killed Saturday afternoon after a man pulled over for a routine traffic stop opened fire and then battled SWAT officers at a nearby building, police said.

art.oak.police.02.jpg

Sgt. Daniel Sakai, from left, Sgt. Mark Dunakin and Sgt. Ervin Romans were killing in the shootings.

The man, a 27-year-old Oakland resident, was later fatally shot in a shootout with a SWAT team in an apartment complex where he hid.

A fourth officer -- also shot -- remained in critical condition, police said at a late-night news conference.

California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's office differed from police, saying four officers had died in the shootings.

Authorities discovered the alleged gunman, 27-year-old LaVelle Mixon, had an extensive criminal history. At the time of the shooting, he was in violation of parole for assault with a deadly weapon, police said.
video.gif
Watch aerial views of shooting locations »

The incident began about 1 p.m. in east Oakland when two motorcycle officers tried to pull over a car for a "fairly routine traffic stop," said Dave Kozicki, the deputy police chief.

Immediately afterward, emergency call dispatchers received reports that two officers were down at the scene and needed attention. They had been shot, Kozicki said.
video.gif
Watch acting police chief describe what happened »

The first victim, Sgt. Mark Dunakin, 40, died, police said. He had been with the force for 18 years. The second officer, John Hege, 41, remained in critical condition.

Soon after the first shooting, police began an intense search for the gunman. An anonymous caller directed authorities to a building on an adjacent street where the gunman was believed to be barricaded, said acting Police Chief Howard Jordan.

The gunman opened fire on SWAT officers who entered the apartment, killing two more officers before police returned fire, killing the suspect, Jordan said.

The two police officers killed were Sgt. Ervin Romans, 43, and Sgt. Daniel Sakai, 35. Romans had been with the department since 1996; Sakai since 2000.

A third officer, grazed by a bullet, was treated and released, said police spokesman Jeff Thomason.

"We come together in shock, in grief, in sadness and sorrow at a set of tragic incidences," said Oakland Mayor Ron Dellums.

Schwarzenegger said flags at the state capitol will fly at half-staff to honor the fallen officers.

"This is a tragic day for law enforcement officers everywhere," he said in a statement.

Was on my way to work when I had seen hella police cars on its way to take dude down...
eek.gif
smh.gif

Oakland = 90 percent pigs.

And these ones aint gettin the benefit of the doubt.

JPZ, you can shut the **%! up with your suburban $!#.

Its funny you little #@#@@ say wow or grow up when most of you are the ones suckin the police #**% not to get a traffic ticket.

Originally Posted by kmn2008

Oakland = 90 percent pigs.

And these ones aint gettin the benefit of the doubt.

JPZ, you can shut the **%! up with your suburban $!#.
notAngry.jpg

good riddance.

!@!**# pigs.
QFT! no sympathy cause if it was the other way around, and 3 guys get shot by a cop, bet money cops are saying "good riddance"

tell me im lying? you frail dudes on NT can slap yourselves! dont be so naive! (on another note, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. im salty)

Its funny you little #@#@@ say wow or grow up when most of you are the ones suckin the police #**% not to get a traffic ticket.
http://www.connectingsing.../free-dating-kmn2008.htm
[h2]kmn2008[/h2]hi everyone I'm right hereI am a: 25-year-old woman Seeking: seeking men, 18-45 Location: jupiter, Florida USA Last Online: Online over 1 month Height: 4' 5" (135 cm) Body Type: Skinny Hair Color: Auburn Eye Color: Black Ethnicity: White/Caucasian Education: High School Religion: Other Occupation: Home Improvement / Building / Repairs
roll.gif
@ Kmn2008 tryin to act hard

Originally Posted by Its All Good Baby Baby

[h2]kmn2008[/h2]hi everyone I'm right here I am a: 25-year-old woman Seeking: seeking men, 18-45 Location: jupiter, Florida USA Last Online: Online over 1 month Height: 4' 5" (135 cm) Body Type: Skinny Hair Color: Auburn Eye Color: Black Ethnicity: White/Caucasian Education: High School Religion: Other Occupation: Home Improvement / Building / Repairs
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by FreshOne12

good riddance.

!@!**# pigs.
QFT! no sympathy cause if it was the other way around, and 3 guys get shot by a cop, bet money cops are saying "good riddance"

tell me im lying? you frail dudes on NT can slap yourselves! dont be so naive! (on another note, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. im SALTY)

roll.gif

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Originally Posted by Its All Good Baby Baby

[h2]kmn2008[/h2]hi everyone I'm right here I am a: 25-year-old woman Seeking: seeking men, 18-45 Location: jupiter, Florida USA Last Online: Online over 1 month Height: 4' 5" (135 cm) Body Type: Skinny Hair Color: Auburn Eye Color: Black Ethnicity: White/Caucasian Education: High School Religion: Other Occupation: Home Improvement / Building / Repairs
roll.gif
roll.gif
aint nobody tryin to act hard. Im just tellin the truth.

A white, 4'5 woman? You're a classified ******!
roll.gif

Get outta here, your ignorance is ridiculous. If it wasn't for law enforcement, you'd probably be dead right now.

Back
Top Bottom