30 Jobs that Pay at Least 80k

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

20. Computer software engineers, applications
Do this: Build computer applications software and code; ensure that all software projects adhere to a company's technology and business standards.
Get paid: $87,900
87k to write code? that's it?
grin.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Word, you graduate yet H.Handsome? Whats the demand for programmers where you live?

Originally Posted by swizzc

Originally Posted by BangDak

congrats swizzc
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

what was your during your college years while playing football, and what exactly do you do right now?
it seems interesting. i plan on majoring in business/accounting, but im not exactly sure yet. still lost...
My GPA was a 3.63... I had a 3.0 after my frosh year. Right now my official job title is an "Investment Banking Analyst". My division is energy/coal so we do deals pretty much exclusively in that industry. What our group does is just raise money for companies through syndicated loans. A syndicated loan is basically a loan that is broken up over a group of banks (a bank group). Each bank will give a certain amount to the company we are doing a deal with and usually we will give the largest amount out of the bankgroup which makes us the "lead underwriter". On a day to day basis I mainly do a lot of modeling and putting together pitchbooks for the deals. A lot of hard work but a great experience.
Where'd you play ball and what position?

Originally Posted by omgitswes

17. Electrical engineers
Do this
: Design, develop and test the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment.
Get paid: $85,350

I like this...pretty sure that's not starting salary though
QFT

Yeah getting 80k straight out is almost unheard of unless you got some sort of hook-up. But still EE FTW

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by omgitswes

17. Electrical engineers
Do this
: Design, develop and test the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment.
Get paid: $85,350

I like this...pretty sure that's not starting salary though
you would be surprised.

That definitely is NOT starting salary, even with a MSEE. Remember, these salaries represent astandard deviation of all careers reported in each category....

Originally Posted by SirDilbert2k10

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

20. Computer software engineers, applications
Do this: Build computer applications software and code; ensure that all software projects adhere to a company's technology and business standards.
Get paid: $87,900
87k to write code? that's it?
grin.gif
I'm in my senior year as a computer engineering major and we don't just learn code, we have to study computer architecture, electronics and electronic design automation.... it's a mix of what EE and computer science majors learn because we need to be able write software and apply it to the tech.

CE sucks. I quit that major because I hated learning circuits and having to make the most efficient circuits using the least and nor gates. Coding is not so bad, but just got repetitive and boring. I went all the way till my senior year ready to graduate to decide it wasn't for me. Now I havea few semesters left for business and I'm happy. I always thought software engineers were just there to design the code and not actually write it? Theyare suppose to design the flow charts and have programmers write the code correct?

They forgot to include government jobs, some start you off at 80K + but most start off at 60k but increase very fast.

This is Canada though, the job im going to do after Grad school starts off at 60k but after training and everything u go up to 85K

Personally i dont think this list is correct, cause it does not take into consideration education level, and location.

Back
Top Bottom