How many hours do you work a week?

• Under 40

Votes: 15 22.1%

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • 40+

Votes: 34 50.0%

• Total voters
yeah it's ideal especially if it's weekdays
i have a coworker who works 3 x12's tuesday -thursday 8 am to 8pm but gets paid for 40 hours. greatest shift ever
Not too many companies like that. Man that would be amazing.

id be happy 30 hours/5 days per week. my last position (BA on a Scrum team) often got hectic between 9 am-3 pm M-Th, but could always leave/log-off by 3:30 PM sharp. Fridays were generally slow, with few internal meetings.

I had The 4x10 schedule in a past job, and it was very grind-ish. I was mentally exhausted by Thursday and Fridays were kind of "wasted" since I barely did anything except a few errands.

Covid has allowed me to work 2 full time jobs at the same time. One job is my regular career job and the other is a contract consultant job. I don't work more than 40 hours a week. I set my self up with my regular job by creating processes. So things run smoothly there. Other than the meetings, I am able to focus alot on my consultant job.

boeing makes us come to work regardless even if theres no work. just stand around for 8hrs a day . so always get your 40. not a lick of overtime. smh

Work 40 hours a week and commute is usually 10 minutes or less...
Working a 4x10 shift Mon thru Thursday. I don't ever wanna go back to having 2 day weekends lol. When the holidays connect with the weekend it feels like a mini vacation having 4-5 days off in a row. Then of course whatever week the holiday is on is shortened to only a 3 day work week.

Wish I could do 3x12's lol..

My company is pretty good with this actually. Of course I work more than 40 hours a week but I can work when I want.

had a job where i was in the office for 40hrs, but really worked like 20. spent the other half just studying up on courses that i was taking.
switched jobs cause i needed a challenge and worked closer to 45 hrs. actually felt exhausted physically and mentally putting in that work. took some adjustment on my part :lol:
cant imagine putting 60+ hrs, unless it's my own biz

Like a few folks have said, Covid might have been a blessing in disguise for SOME of our industries.
It has helped certain companies realize they can trim the fat when it comes to FORCING folks to come in and work in an actual office space.
Hell, some companies have gotten RID of their office spaces since they have come to the realization that working from home is feasible.

But I feel the more the AVERAGE person works, the less time they have to take care of themselves. (Mentally/Physically).

I guess the downfall of working at home is it further places us in a sedentary lifestyle.

Like a few folks have said, Covid might have been a blessing in disguise for SOME of our industries.
It has helped certain companies realize they can trim the fat when it comes to FORCING folks to come in and work in an actual office space.
Hell, some companies have gotten RID of their office spaces since they have come to the realization that working from home is feasible.

But I feel the more the AVERAGE person works, the less time they have to take care of themselves. (Mentally/Physically).

I guess the downfall of working at home is it further places us in a sedentary lifestyle.
Isn’t the sedentary lifestyle of working at home similar to working in an office though?

Isn’t the sedentary lifestyle of working at home similar to working in an office though?

At least when going into the office, you have to physically get yourself TO the office

vs.

Rolling out of bed and logging into whatever platform you use to work remotely..

Plus if you are in the office, you walk around in the office.
You might walk around going to lunch.
You might have to walk to and from the Subway Station and/or Bus Stop.

So yea, I wouldn't say it is the same at all.

I am sure the average American has gotten fat as hell since Covid started.

I work in the Financial sector, where regulations change on the fly and quite frequently. Trump administration have me reminiscing of the 40 hour weeks...

At least when going into the office, you have to physically get yourself TO the office

vs.

Rolling out of bed and logging into whatever platform you use to work remotely..

Plus if you are in the office, you walk around in the office.
You might walk around going to lunch.
You might have to walk to and from the Subway Station and/or Bus Stop.

So yea, I wouldn't say it is the same at all.

I am sure the average American has gotten fat as hell since Covid started.

to add on to this, working at home, you never get to leave work at work and escape from all that like as if you were leaving the office

just separating the two things does so much good mentally imo

to add on to this, working at home, you never get to leave work at work and escape from all that like as if you were leaving the office

just separating the two things does so much good mentally imo

The ideal schedule is T-Th in office, and M, F remote. Will likely not happen my industry though (gov contracting) - once Covid is over, will be back to 100% onsite, while fed's schedules become even more flexible :lol:

Covid has allowed me to work 2 full time jobs at the same time. One job is my regular career job and the other is a contract consultant job. I don't work more than 40 hours a week. I set my self up with my regular job by creating processes. So things run smoothly there. Other than the meetings, I am able to focus alot on my consultant job.
I've been going back and forth on picking up a second job. My primary doesn't require me to "work" during normal business hours aside from a few meetings. Definitely feel I could pull it off while we are remote.

I pulled in 172 last year, would have been closer to 190 if I hadn't taken two months for COVID. I work about 60-70 hours a week.

I used to work 50 hrs + regularly and **** that :lol: money was great tho
Barely had time to go anywhere or do anything only had time for work :smh: what good is all that money you can’t even enjoy it? And most the OT you make gets eaten by taxes too dog I was hurt looking at my net and my gross:sick:

I've been going back and forth on picking up a second job. My primary doesn't require me to "work" during normal business hours aside from a few meetings. Definitely feel I could pull it off while we are remote.
Ay, if you feel that you can manage it and it doesn't interfere too much with your primary job, I say go for it. Easy extra money. I don't know your field, but for me its an easy extra 6 figure income.

The pandemic showed all these places that working from home is feasible. but we all gotta be careful, while it may seem like a good idea (being at home, being with fam) we have to remember to call it a day at a certain point. it's not working from home, it's living at work - I'm not trying to get to that point. I've got two young kids and I'm trying to enjoy every minute of them before they turn into teenagers and think they're too good t hang out with their pops....

Back
Top Bottom