48÷2(9+3) = ???

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

For team 288
smarter.jpg

Apparently not.

laugh.gif

I wanna see you on that show and watch what happens.
I know I'll do better than you when a Math problem appears on the screen.
You being Asian and reppin' Team 288.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

For team 288
smarter.jpg

Apparently not.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

For team 288
smarter.jpg

Apparently not.

laugh.gif
Oh look. I can do that, too. Lame.
Why you mad, though? You know you got the wrong answer.
laugh.gif
So instead of saying we got the wrong answer and posting jokes that aren't funny, how bout you explain to us how you get 2? Oh, that's right you can't. Continue avoiding
wink.gif

For team 288
smarter.jpg

Apparently not.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
So instead of saying we got the wrong answer and posting jokes that aren't funny, how bout you explain to us how you get 2? Oh, that's right you can't. Continue avoiding
wink.gif

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

He'd spend the whole time cracking jokes about how the host is wrong.

You want me to be serious? Okay.
Go back to school if you think the answer is 288. 

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

He'd spend the whole time cracking jokes about how the host is wrong.

You want me to be serious? Okay.
Go back to school if you think the answer is 288. 

For team 288
smarter.jpg

Apparently not.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
kingcrux you're mod right?  Can you add a poll to this thread, so we can see how split things are?
be it 2 or 288, this thread has been going in circles for a while now no point in it anymore

For team 288
smarter.jpg

Apparently not.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
kingcrux you're mod right?  Can you add a poll to this thread, so we can see how split things are?
be it 2 or 288, this thread has been going in circles for a while now no point in it anymore

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

laugh.gif
wink.gif

Learn how to read back. I'm not gonna keep posting and reposting stuff I quoted whenever a troll posts 288 and asks why my answer is 2.

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

laugh.gif
wink.gif

Learn how to read back. I'm not gonna keep posting and reposting stuff I quoted whenever a troll posts 288 and asks why my answer is 2.

You can't honestly think other people are trolling here. Well, if you really can't see how 288 is at the very least an attainable answer, then maybe you are deluded enough to think everyone else is trolling.

I'll explain one more time why 288 makes sense:

48÷2(9+3) is simplified to 48÷2(12). At this point, 2(12) is not P under PEMDAS. It is simply multiplication, and because M and D are interchangeable and should be done in order from left to right, you divide 48 by 2 and then multiply by 12.

You can't honestly think other people are trolling here. Well, if you really can't see how 288 is at the very least an attainable answer, then maybe you are deluded enough to think everyone else is trolling.

I'll explain one more time why 288 makes sense:

48÷2(9+3) is simplified to 48÷2(12). At this point, 2(12) is not P under PEMDAS. It is simply multiplication, and because M and D are interchangeable and should be done in order from left to right, you divide 48 by 2 and then multiply by 12.

Originally Posted by waystinthyme

Originally Posted by Air ih Zona

I used to get 288 now I got 2 wt f?
not sure if you're serious or trollin'...but if you're serious, you are the first 288 to 2 convert in an 80 page thread.

-waystinthyme

means i got dumber
frown.gif

Originally Posted by waystinthyme

Originally Posted by Air ih Zona

I used to get 288 now I got 2 wt f?
not sure if you're serious or trollin'...but if you're serious, you are the first 288 to 2 convert in an 80 page thread.

-waystinthyme

means i got dumber
frown.gif

Team 2 is a bunch of trolls.  None of them care to answer the quiz post or reply to any and all the Rules of PEMDAS that have been posted that prove it is 288.

And for all you Engineers that are on Team 2, post where you work and what products your company produces because I don't think I trust your products.
Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Teams 2 sigs anyone

this
Here ya' go: TEAM- 2ROLL

Oh yeah, the real answer is in my sig.

Team 2 is a bunch of trolls.  None of them care to answer the quiz post or reply to any and all the Rules of PEMDAS that have been posted that prove it is 288.

And for all you Engineers that are on Team 2, post where you work and what products your company produces because I don't think I trust your products.
Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Teams 2 sigs anyone

this
Here ya' go: TEAM- 2ROLL

Oh yeah, the real answer is in my sig.

Can anyone please show me ANY source which EXPLICITLY states that the first part of the order of operations is not just whats inside the parentheses, but anything connected to them as well?  

Can anyone please show me ANY source which EXPLICITLY states that the first part of the order of operations is not just whats inside the parentheses, but anything connected to them as well?  

Originally Posted by dland24

"That is, multiplication that is indicated by placement against parentheses (or brackets, etc) is "stronger" than "regular" multiplication. Typesetting the entire problem in a graphing calculator verifies this hierarchy"

http://www.purplemath.com/modules/orderops2.htm

Back
Top Bottom