48÷2(9+3) = ???

Originally Posted by willsndvl

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

THIS.
i didn't wanna say it until someone mentioned it. x/2(9+3) is NOT the same as x/2*(9+3). The division sign makes a hell of a difference in this case.
You've got to be @#$#$# kidding me. 
Dropout out of whatever school you're in. 

you go to washington, though.
and Wr up there^ has the right idea. props to me not being the only one who knows how to do simple algebra.

Lol and? What college do you go to?

Cause if you're attending a top-tier one you better be able to get the correct answer on this simple !@# problem. If you fail to realize that 48/2(9+3) and 48/2 * (9+3) are the same thing then, like I said earlier, you should consider dropping out. 

Edit: Okay, I'm the moron and you guys are getting the answer of 2 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How ironic. 

Originally Posted by ncmalko1

Durty pancakes there is a difference between 2 * (9 + 3) and 2(9 + 3). If the question was 48/2 * (9 + 3) the answer would be 288. But being the 2 is attached to the brackets you have to do the entire bracket formula of 2(9 + 3). The 2 being attached means you must include that in the equation. If it was 2 * (9 + 3) then you don't HAVE to multiply it by 9+3.
THIS.
i didn't wanna say it until someone mentioned it. x/2(9+3) is NOT the same as x/2*(9+3). The division sign makes a hell of a difference in this case.
My lecturer (with a math degree, among other qualifications) said that this is the correct way to do this formula.

Having the 2 beside the bracket means that in reality it is [2(9+3)].

Originally Posted by ncmalko1

Durty pancakes there is a difference between 2 * (9 + 3) and 2(9 + 3). If the question was 48/2 * (9 + 3) the answer would be 288. But being the 2 is attached to the brackets you have to do the entire bracket formula of 2(9 + 3). The 2 being attached means you must include that in the equation. If it was 2 * (9 + 3) then you don't HAVE to multiply it by 9+3.
THIS.
My lecturer (with a math degree, among other qualifications) said that this is the correct way to do this formula.

Having the 2 beside the bracket means that in reality it is [2(9+3)].

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How ironic. 

eek.gif

laugh.gif

bruh, you are killing me. you want me to make a youtube video of me working out this simple problem the correct way?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How ironic. 

eek.gif

laugh.gif

bruh, you are killing me. you want me to make a youtube video of me working out this simple problem the correct way?

I am still in awe that dude called me a moron yet he is dead set on the fact that the answer is 2 
laugh.gif

Wow. All the calculators in the world agree that it's 288, Google agrees that it's 288, Wolfram Alpha agrees that it's 288.

What more proof do you want?

Edit: Yes, please make a youtube video so from there I can help you out with the problem lol 

I am still in awe that dude called me a moron yet he is dead set on the fact that the answer is 2 
laugh.gif

Wow. All the calculators in the world agree that it's 288, Google agrees that it's 288, Wolfram Alpha agrees that it's 288.

What more proof do you want?

Edit: Yes, please make a youtube video so from there I can help you out with the problem lol 

Back
Top Bottom