48÷2(9+3) = ???

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

You have to make the 9+3 because you have to do whats in the parenthesis first before moving on. You are taking care of the parenthesis by simplifying the problem.
You're not following. I know you stubborn AF but listen for once.

You may think "taking care of the parenthesis means to add the two terms inside but that's false. Mainly because you have to account for the coefficient 2 somehow. And since it was the 2 that brought the two terms together in the first place. You just can't add.
So you are saying to distribute then?
Which like i said leads to
48/(2*9) + (2*3)
that does not give you 2.
It really doesn't give you 2 because AGAIN, you did it wrong. It's 48÷(2*9 + 2*3).

You have to make the 9+3 because you have to do whats in the parenthesis first before moving on. You are taking care of the parenthesis by simplifying the problem.

You may think "taking care of the parenthesis means to add the two terms inside but that's false. Mainly because you have to account for the coefficient 2 somehow. And since it was the 2 that brought the two terms together in the first place. You just can't add.
48/(2*9) + (2*3)
It really doesn't give you 2 because AGAIN, you did it wrong. It's 48÷(2*9 + 2*3).

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

48/(2*9) + (2*3)

NO IT DOESNT. Why are you just blantatly acting like the distributive property doesnt give you 2 separate terms. Why are you just blindly not even looking at examples. WHY DONT YOU PROVE THE DISTRIBUTIVE PROPERTY GIVES 1 TERM OR @#$#. seriously you are becoming lamer and lamer. You have no proof no sources nothing. Either find some or just leave.

48/(2*9) + (2*3)

NO IT DOESNT. Why are you just blantatly acting like the distributive property doesnt give you 2 separate terms. Why are you just blindly not even looking at examples. WHY DONT YOU PROVE THE DISTRIBUTIVE PROPERTY GIVES 1 TERM OR @#$#. seriously you are becoming lamer and lamer. You have no proof no sources nothing. Either find some or just leave.

The point isn't whether the DP gives you one or two terms, but that you must distribute.

Imagine the 2 like the sickle cell gene. And the 9 and 3 as the parents of an offspring. Whatever the offspring gets, is factored out. So as you see the 2 - sickle cell gene - will always be a part of the 9 and 3, no matter what you do. And the only way to express this gene is to distribute.

And if you distribute, whether you add first then go on or divide then add, you'll never get 288.

That was a fairly good $!* example, Team 288ers. Rebut.

The point isn't whether the DP gives you one or two terms, but that you must distribute.

Imagine the 2 like the sickle cell gene. And the 9 and 3 as the parents of an offspring. Whatever the offspring gets, is factored out. So as you see the 2 - sickle cell gene - will always be a part of the 9 and 3, no matter what you do. And the only way to express this gene is to distribute.

And if you distribute, whether you add first then go on or divide then add, you'll never get 288.

That was a fairly good $!* example, Team 288ers. Rebut.

That was a fairly good $+# example, Team 288ers. Rebut.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Let me ask you one last time does distribution give you one or two terms in this situation?

roll.gif
roll.gif

Let me ask you one last time does distribution give you one or two terms in this situation?

50/2(1-1)
50/2(0)
25(0)

Its so disgusting that your a mod. You wont even admit you dont even know how to use the distributive property. Admit you were wrong trying to distribute in this problem.
The answer is UNDEFINED. 
eyes.gif
explain. Look at you though still wont say anything about the distributive comment though.
50÷2(1-1) = 50÷2(0) = 50÷0 = UNDEFINED
[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I already did all the explanation but you refuse to learn and accept the CORRECT answer. What you fail to understand is that 2 is the common factor of 18 and 6 (also 3), hence 2(9+3). If you choose 3 as the common factor it will be like this 3(6+2). Therefore the number next to the parenthesis must be resolved first before you proceed with the rest of the problem. [/font]

50/2(1-1)
50/2(0)
25(0)

Its so disgusting that your a mod. You wont even admit you dont even know how to use the distributive property. Admit you were wrong trying to distribute in this problem.
The answer is UNDEFINED. 
eyes.gif
explain. Look at you though still wont say anything about the distributive comment though.
[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I already did all the explanation but you refuse to learn and accept the CORRECT answer. What you fail to understand is that 2 is the common factor of 18 and 6 (also 3), hence 2(9+3). If you choose 3 as the common factor it will be like this 3(6+2). Therefore the number next to the parenthesis must be resolved first before you proceed with the rest of the problem. [/font]

The answer is UNDEFINED. 
eyes.gif
[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

lol now where are back to multiplying before divsion again.

The answer is UNDEFINED. 
eyes.gif
[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Why would you make 9+3=12 when distribution is just unfactoring the coefficient? And that is how to take care of the parenthesis.

Let me repeat, the 2 was originally part of the 9 and 3 before being factored out. Take care of the parenthesis by unfactoring or distribution.

Quick google searches won't work here, b. Either you know it or you don't.

You may think "taking care of the parenthesis" means to add the two terms inside but that's false. Mainly because you have to account for the coefficient 2 somehow. And since it was the 2 that brought the two terms together in the first place. You just can't add them; you HAVE to distribute.

So now I'm certain it's not 288. Only 2 or 8.6.

The equation originally read 48÷(18+6) or 48÷18+6.
Edited

Yo you are seriously special.

P.E.M.D.A.S fam...what the first letter in P.E.M.D.A.S?

A friggin' P, which stands for Parenthesis...which means that you tackle whatever is in the parenthesis FIRST.

How is this basic fundamental rule false?

The two is an afterthought next to what's in the coefficient as far as P.E.M.D.A.S is concerned.

You honestly can't be this obtuse...you just can't be...i refuse to believe so.

I know you've realized that you're championing a false approach; you're just afraid and subsequently unwilling to admit your wrongs/mistakes.

It's ok son, it's ok.

roll.gif
roll.gif

I been said 70 pages ago -
laugh.gif
- that I don't know whether you add the two distributed products together or leave them be and divide then add in the OOO.

Hence, the OG equation read 48÷(18+6) or 48÷18+6

Buyahhhhhhhhhhh!

roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
- that I don't know whether you add the two distributed products together or leave them be and divide then add in the OOO.

Buyahhhhhhhhhhh!

Why would you make 9+3=12 when distribution is just unfactoring the coefficient? And that is how to take care of the parenthesis.

Let me repeat, the 2 was originally part of the 9 and 3 before being factored out. Take care of the parenthesis by unfactoring or distribution.

Quick google searches won't work here, b. Either you know it or you don't.

You may think "taking care of the parenthesis" means to add the two terms inside but that's false. Mainly because you have to account for the coefficient 2 somehow. And since it was the 2 that brought the two terms together in the first place. You just can't add them; you HAVE to distribute.

So now I'm certain it's not 288. Only 2 or 8.6.

The equation originally read 48÷(18+6) or 48÷18+6.
Edited

Yo you are seriously special.

P.E.M.D.A.S fam...what the first letter in P.E.M.D.A.S?

A friggin' P, which stands for Parenthesis...which means that you tackle whatever is in the parenthesis FIRST.

How is this basic fundamental rule false?

The two is an afterthought next to what's in the coefficient as far as P.E.M.D.A.S is concerned.

You honestly can't be this obtuse...you just can't be...i refuse to believe so.

I know you've realized that you're championing a false approach; you're just afraid and subsequently unwilling to admit your wrongs/mistakes.

It's ok son, it's ok.

roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Buyahhhhhhhhhhh!
So instead of trying to prove a point why dont you just sit this one out since you are unsure?

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Funny how I already explained it in detail and you still ignored it. 
I fear for the future of NT.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Buyahhhhhhhhhhh!
So instead of trying to prove a point why dont you just sit this one out since you are unsure?

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Funny how I already explained it in detail and you still ignored it. 
I fear for the future of NT.
laugh.gif

How is 2 an afterthought when the only way there is a 2 outside the parenthesis is because there was originally a 2 inside.

Don't ever call me obtuse in your life, lil $$%@!. Tryna use big words and !$!!. ###% outta here.

Back
Top Bottom