48÷2(9+3) = ???

I completely forgot about my teacher in HS saying PEMDAS but M and D are interchangeable depending on which one came first. I remembered in the last page or 2 with a reminder

Those who haven't done math like this in a long time such as myself would make the mistake and say 2... ( which I did)

Props

I guarantee this would catch a lot of people on the first attempt

NO ONE CAN DEFEND MYALGEBRA.COM
ANYONE GETTING HEATED OVER THIS IS LOSING AT LIFE

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I'M TYPING IN CAPS

Team2 btw 
glasses.gif

NO ONE CAN DEFEND MYALGEBRA.COM
ANYONE GETTING HEATED OVER THIS IS LOSING AT LIFE

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I'M TYPING IN CAPS

Team2 btw 
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

I didn't know that not paying attention in class and day dreaming can get you a bachelor's degree in International Business Management. (with honors at that)
eyes.gif

You'll never see a problem written Ã·(2(9+3)) because you never divide AND multiply. 

Now who's the ignorant one?

yea you do.  look i just wrote a problem:
48÷(2(9+3))

48÷(2(12))

48÷(24)

Obvious troll is obvious.
TROLL.

"Oh yeah divide AND multiply that pizza into six slices."

"Gremlins multiply AND divide when they touch water."

Smart, really smart.
Parentheses don't necessarily mean multiplication. If I write (X), where's the multiplication?....
indifferent.gif

48÷(2(9+3)) is perfectly correct, the parentheses just indicate that 2(9+3) should be computed before dividing.

They shouldn't let people who fail 5th grade math become NT mods
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

I didn't know that not paying attention in class and day dreaming can get you a bachelor's degree in International Business Management. (with honors at that)
eyes.gif

You'll never see a problem written Ã·(2(9+3)) because you never divide AND multiply. 

Now who's the ignorant one?

yea you do.  look i just wrote a problem:
48÷(2(9+3))

48÷(2(12))

48÷(24)

Obvious troll is obvious.
TROLL.

"Oh yeah divide AND multiply that pizza into six slices."

"Gremlins multiply AND divide when they touch water."

Smart, really smart.
Parentheses don't necessarily mean multiplication. If I write (X), where's the multiplication?....
indifferent.gif

48÷(2(9+3)) is perfectly correct, the parentheses just indicate that 2(9+3) should be computed before dividing.

They shouldn't let people who fail 5th grade math become NT mods
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

TEAM288 REPRESENT.
Thank you MathGod 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

hope this lulls Crux to sleep 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

also, smh at not knowing the other night, was sleepy
Distributing a number NOT DIRECTLY ATTACHED to ( ) is WRONG.

It's becoming more and more evident how many of you don't know what you're talking about.
laugh.gif
Right? People distribute the 2 into the parenthesis without the 48.  Clearly 48/2  is together as one, multiplying another problem which is (9+3)/1.

Originally Posted by NikeVandal

you can multiply and DIVIDE THO

MULTIPLYING THAN DIVIDING = AND

NOT OR

ITS EITHER AND/OR

I DID BOTH SO ITS AND not OR

THEN, NOT THAN.
* FACE PALM *
And you said I was the ignorant one.
laugh.gif

You can't multiply AND divide AT THE SAME TIME. 

You ever seen a problem written as 24÷*6 or 24*÷6? NEVER.

Ballin, huh? You better use that money for some proper education.

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

TEAM288 REPRESENT.
Thank you MathGod 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

hope this lulls Crux to sleep 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

also, smh at not knowing the other night, was sleepy
Distributing a number NOT DIRECTLY ATTACHED to ( ) is WRONG.

It's becoming more and more evident how many of you don't know what you're talking about.
laugh.gif
Right? People distribute the 2 into the parenthesis without the 48.  Clearly 48/2  is together as one, multiplying another problem which is (9+3)/1.

NOT OR

ITS EITHER AND/OR

THEN, NOT THAN.
* FACE PALM *
laugh.gif

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

BY your logic you are contradicting yourself

if you follow PEMDAS THE 2 ISNT ATTACHED TO THE DAMN (9+3) or else it would say (2(9+3)

2(9+3) equals 2(12)

and since theres a division sign before it you divide by 2 first than multiply as distributing is the same as multiplying...

and the logical order is left to right

ITS THE RULES OF MATH  just cause you losing by 5 you cant say a 3pt shot is worth 6 points stop being salty about it

its the fundamentals of mathematics you can argue all you want but you cant support it with any fact

it doesn't have to say (2(9+3) its there without being there. I didn't make the rules, but when ever you have anything attached to a parentheses then it has to be applied to that term or you problem is invalid.
answer is 2. I'm sorry but youre wrong. Open up a 7th grade algebra book my dude. Anything attached to the parentheses is part of that term. 
THIS ISNT ATTACHED TO THE DAMN PARENTHESES

THERES A DIVISION SIGN PRECEDING IT

I ASKED NUMEROUS MATH TEACHERS INCLUDING ALGEBRA TEACHERS AND 100% agreed on 288

2 is illogical and invalid it does not compute

Prove me wrong 

why you mad tho?

you correctly noticed the division sign in the problem, show me where there is a multiplication sign in the problem though. i'll help you, there isn't one.the division sign is there to separate the numerator and denominator. there's a reason it doesn't says 48÷2*(9+3). the 2 is separated from the 48 by a division sign, and is attached to the (9+3). how can you argue that the 2 is not connected with the (9+3) when there isn't a sign there to separate them? how can you argue that the 2 is coupled with the 48 when there IS a sign there to separate it?

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

BY your logic you are contradicting yourself

if you follow PEMDAS THE 2 ISNT ATTACHED TO THE DAMN (9+3) or else it would say (2(9+3)

2(9+3) equals 2(12)

and since theres a division sign before it you divide by 2 first than multiply as distributing is the same as multiplying...

and the logical order is left to right

ITS THE RULES OF MATH  just cause you losing by 5 you cant say a 3pt shot is worth 6 points stop being salty about it

its the fundamentals of mathematics you can argue all you want but you cant support it with any fact

it doesn't have to say (2(9+3) its there without being there. I didn't make the rules, but when ever you have anything attached to a parentheses then it has to be applied to that term or you problem is invalid.
answer is 2. I'm sorry but youre wrong. Open up a 7th grade algebra book my dude. Anything attached to the parentheses is part of that term. 
THIS ISNT ATTACHED TO THE DAMN PARENTHESES

THERES A DIVISION SIGN PRECEDING IT

I ASKED NUMEROUS MATH TEACHERS INCLUDING ALGEBRA TEACHERS AND 100% agreed on 288

2 is illogical and invalid it does not compute

Prove me wrong 

why you mad tho?

you correctly noticed the division sign in the problem, show me where there is a multiplication sign in the problem though. i'll help you, there isn't one.the division sign is there to separate the numerator and denominator. there's a reason it doesn't says 48÷2*(9+3). the 2 is separated from the 48 by a division sign, and is attached to the (9+3). how can you argue that the 2 is not connected with the (9+3) when there isn't a sign there to separate them? how can you argue that the 2 is coupled with the 48 when there IS a sign there to separate it?

NOT OR

ITS EITHER AND/OR

THEN, NOT THAN.
* FACE PALM *
laugh.gif

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]
it still makes sense as i am comparing two things so i still winning

you never said the same time though youre just throwing in extra words now to justify your prior statements

the parentheses indicate its precedence before everything so its not at the same time

your logic is all over the place make up your mind

i can fire shots cause i got evidence to back me up you dont

METHODMAN OR CAMERON MOD ME AND DEMOD THIS GUY I CAN AT LEAST PASS A MATH CLASS AND GET YOU THE CORRECT STATISTICS TO TURN YOUR SATURN INTO AN M3

NOT OR

ITS EITHER AND/OR

THEN, NOT THAN.
* FACE PALM *
laugh.gif

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]
it still makes sense as i am comparing two things so i still winning

you never said the same time though youre just throwing in extra words now to justify your prior statements

the parentheses indicate its precedence before everything so its not at the same time

your logic is all over the place make up your mind

i can fire shots cause i got evidence to back me up you dont

METHODMAN OR CAMERON MOD ME AND DEMOD THIS GUY I CAN AT LEAST PASS A MATH CLASS AND GET YOU THE CORRECT STATISTICS TO TURN YOUR SATURN INTO AN M3

Back
Top Bottom