5 Reasons Why AZ Should be in Your Top 5 All Time...

1. The Come Up
2. Sugar Hill
3. The Format
4. Rather Unique
5. Verse from Life's a #+#$*

lol i made a post about a month ago asking people if he's in anyones top 10...and if not...then he should be!!!

His verse on "Life's a B****" was phenomenal.... "Sugar Hill" was dope... But little else has made noise....

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

5 reason why he's not.

Jay
BIG
Nas
Ghost
Finesse

Your list couldn't be more flawed Jay ahead of Big???? There is NO Jay w/o Big...... as for Finesse.....
laugh.gif
.... I guess I should stop taking your list serious

You're laughing at Finesse but would put AZ in your top 5?????? Finesse has done more for the game than A.
I wouldn't put either one in my top 5, but Finesse has way more of a resume for that spot than AZ.

Originally Posted by iLLscan

You're laughing at Finesse but would put AZ in your top 5?????? Finesse has done more for the game than A.
I wouldn't put either one in my top 5, but Finesse has way more of a resume for that spot than AZ.

Dude birthed punchline rap....

Originally Posted by Young Turbo

AZ Def. a beast arguable top 20 not top 5...

Hes in my personal top 10. But its impossible to make a case for him being top 5 without being biased...

All of these MCs could be put before A in a top MC list.

Big
Jay
Nas
Ra
Pun
KRS
Kool G
Em
Black Thought
Comm
Kane

Besides Doe Or Die i never really cared for him, if it came down 2 it he wouldn't make top 30

Jay
BIG
Nas
Ghost
Finesse
Good List but DEFINETLY not Ghost and Finesse... Finesse got a good +#% resume but he aint messing with A on the Mic and Ghost, NO WAY ...AZ'sflow let alone is a reason to put him ahead of those two...

AZ not in my top 5 and he's one of my favorite rappers of all time...he top 10-15 problably. The only thing is AZ dumbing his stuff down

No order (people I would take over AZ)

Shawn Carter
Marshall Mathers
Christopher Wallace
William Griffin
Tupac Shakur

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Jay
BIG
Nas
Ghost
Finesse
Good List but DEFINETLY not Ghost and Finesse... Finesse got a good +#% resume but he aint messing with A on the Mic and Ghost, NO WAY ...AZ's flow let alone is a reason to put him ahead of those two...

AZ not in my top 5 and he's one of my favorite rappers of all time...he top 10-15 problably. The only thing is AZ dumbing his stuff down

Finesse would rape AZ on the mic sorry, true indeed his flow is a little tighter but as far as lyrics and album wise Finesse is way over him.

it seems like where AZ ranks varies greatly...

you either dont place him that high at all (some dude said top 30)....

or they are in your top 5. wonder why that is?
me personally i'd say he's in my top 10.
top 5: nas
eminem
jay-z
ghostface
prodigy (flame suit on for that one..)

then i got..

Big
AZ
Big Pun
Meth
Joe Budden

(Royce is thrown in there sometimes)

He's in my personal top 5 but I probably wouldn't put him in if you asked me to name the top 5 rappers ever. He'd probably fall into the teens. Buthe's definitely one of my 5 favorite rappers of all time and highly appreciated.

O.K. I might get some grief over this but *!%! it.... Let me plead my case for my mans AZ. but first Let me start with my top 5 all time.

1. B.I.G.
2. Jay-Z
3. AZ
4. Nas
5. Rakim

Now back to AZ... I can't put AZ ahead of BIG because he is the ONLY rapper to put out 2 albums Back to Back that were lyrical and club bangers. AZ hasnever had a wack album to me but never had albums as classic.

Can't put A in front of Jay-Z b/c up until recently he was the most consistent rapper ever, no flaws in his game... 3 classics. Like I said AZ has VERYgood albums but albums simply don't match

Now I know what your thinking WHY IS AZ AHEAD OF NAS??? Well because AZ has ALWAYS killed Nas on any track that their together on... don't believe me golisten to "The Firm"... further more Nas (as great as he is) might be the most inconsistent rapper ever.

and as for me putting him in front of Rakim it's really just because I love AZ's flow

.... and for the record the rest of the top ten... Buddens, Pun, Em, Andre 3000, Jada

Not in my top 5, more like top 15...but let me ask this, does anyone have information on his new album, Undeniable?? I thought it was supposed to droptomorrow??

Personally, top 10. I will always defend for AZ, but he's just not a top fiver in my eyes.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Good List but DEFINETLY not Ghost and Finesse... Finesse got a good +#% resume but he aint messing with A on the Mic and Ghost, NO WAY ...AZ's flow let alone is a reason to put him ahead of those two...

A over Ghost?
eek.gif
To each his own, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom