50 Cent first week sales Vol. WOW DUDE DID FALL OFF! 150-160k

Originally Posted by YungSatellite

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

50 has WAAAY too much pride to have cats like yall (and damn near every website) clowning him... He will get on Itunes himself until they decline his credit card...

Tony Yayo, Lloyd Banks will buy EVERY physical copy they can find in the tri state... Spider Loc & Hot Rod will do the same in So Cal & Arizona...

You guys are willing to aknowledge how serious 50 takes these SoundScan #s, but you guys really think he's gonna sit there and watch his album do these #s?? Jimmy Iovine invented the SoundSCAM... Even tho this is prolly his last album on Interscope, I'm sure they have a good enuff relationship where he can pull some strings...

300K+... Just wait and see...
Exactly.

And ya'll find that respectable? I think it's quite lame to be honest to buy your OWN records... Instead focusing on Beef he should've focused on promoting his album...

Isn't def jam notorious for that? If this was the camel doing it all the stans would be quiet

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

50 has WAAAY too much pride to have cats like yall (and damn near every website) clowning him... He will get on Itunes himself until they decline his credit card...

Tony Yayo, Lloyd Banks will but EVERY physical copy they can find in the tri state... Spider Loc & Hot Rod will do the same in So Cal & Arizona...

You guys are willing to aknowledge how serious 50 takes these SoundScan #s, but you guys really think he's gonna sit there and watch his album do these #s?? Jimmy Iovine invented the SoundSCAM... Even tho this is prolly his last album on Interscope, I'm sure they have a good enuff relationship where he can pull some strings...

Even IF (which I doubt) he does 300k still a "FLOP" for 50 cent standards. I remember tell you how much he fall off in another thread a while back, you couldn't see it though.
laugh.gif

They know what they're doin... Holiday sales boost is gonna hold steady for the next 4-6 weeks... Come January he's gonna be somewhere near a million units moved. In todays climate where there are ONLY 2 MULTI-Platinum rappers, that won't be anything to frown @...
In America? Wanna put a SN on it?
nerd.gif

It doesn't matter because at the end of the day, you can't prove he bought all of those records (if he indeed does).

And the leak of his album hurt the potential...that isn't his fault.
Yea because no one album gets leaked. Fif's album is the only one in the country whoever got leaked before it was suppose to drop.
laugh.gif
These excuses ya'll are makin' for this dude are ridiculous. Can weatleast wait until the official sales come out before we start the excuses?

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

first of all, how John Mayer doing 375,000 what single does he have out?!

And trust me 50 Cent is not doing less than Jay-Z first week sales.

eyes.gif

John Mayer doesn't need a single he puts out complete albums and his fans buy his albums

It doesn't matter because at the end of the day, you can't prove he bought all of those records (if he indeed does).

Quite easily you can. Look at the 2nd week sales, if there's an unusually large drop off... sales were inflated.

I just feel like he leaked the album on his own...because he knew, he knew his sales would be unflattering so what better excuse than leaking it a month inadvance...and throwin out a weak new release date

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Quite easily you can. Look at the 2nd week sales, if there's an unusually large drop off... sales were inflated.
Even that's iffy though. Every album for the most part has an unusual dropoff the second week.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Tony Yayo, Lloyd Banks will buy EVERY physical copy they can find in the tri state... Spider Loc & Hot Rod will do the same in So Cal & Arizona...

Exactly.

And ya'll find that respectable? I think it's quite lame to be honest to buy your OWN records... Instead focusing on Beef he should've focused on promoting his album...

Isn't def jam notorious for that? If this was the camel doing it all the stans would be quiet

In a hip hop climate where:
Men Lie... Women Lie... Numbers Don't...

I don't think ANYone who hasn't questioned the validity of IDJ #s since 1998 could question the validity of 50's after him and Jimmy Iovine gointo OVERdrive in the next couple days...
Even after they've (Def Jam) been taken to court & caught on a couple occasions, cats aren't willing to believe it forwhatever reason, as if the recording industry has EVER had a reputation for being honest with ANYthing...

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Exactly.

I'm not a Jay stan.. And I damn wouldn't be suprised if IDJ/JayZ bought BP3 to boost sales I'm just sayin' when did this @*$$ becomeacceptable.. You can't clearly call a successful album cuz the #'s are tainted...

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Even that's iffy though. Every album for the most part has an unusual dropoff the second week.
Not true, 1st week sales are usually only inflated if something eventful happen with the artist or if it were released during a major shoppingweek such as Black Friday. Thats why there was uproar a few yrs ago when Jay-z's sales for the 2nd week dropped by almost 80% it was largely because thatsa major shopping weekend so more people than usual are out buying stuff same thing with the week of Xmas. The average dropoff for an album in its second wk isaround 55-65%

doesn't matter..he is still gonna outsell William within the next two months...but Curtis' sales really arent surprising at all...better album is def.DTR

John Mayer fans buy because from day one John Mayer has been consistent, like progressively better every album...(albums,great shows). You dont need a #1 song,but if you a Vitamin Water money spending rapper who been chilling then yeah you need a #1 smash hit, which explains 150k sales. He had no buzz none

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

Tony Yayo, Lloyd Banks will but EVERY physical copy they can find in the tri state... Spider Loc & Hot Rod will do the same in So Cal & Arizona...

Even IF (which I doubt) he does 300k still a "FLOP" for 50 cent standards. I remember tell you how much he fall off in another thread a while back, you couldn't see it though.
laugh.gif

They know what they're doin... Holiday sales boost is gonna hold steady for the next 4-6 weeks... Come January he's gonna be somewhere near a million units moved. In todays climate where there are ONLY 2 MULTI-Platinum rappers, that won't be anything to frown @...
In America? Wanna put a SN on it?
nerd.gif

Hold that thought...

I guess it all depends on what qualifies for "near a million"...

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Not true, 1st week sales are usually only inflated if something eventful happen with the artist or if it were released during a major shopping week such as Black Friday. Thats why there was uproar a few yrs ago when Jay-z's sales for the 2nd week dropped by almost 80% it was largely because thats a major shopping weekend so more people than usual are out buying stuff same thing with the week of Xmas. The average dropoff for an album in its second wk is around 55-65%
Not for hip hop releases. Maybe for the likes of Taylor Swift and other pop artists but the higher the sales total the higher the dropoff thesecond week will be. Its only natural. When I do buy albums I buy them the first week they come out because they're 7.99 to 9.99. Why wait a week to pay 15dollars for it? IMO thats' why the 1st week sales are so high. The album is cheaper.

Exactly.

Exactly!

Harlem is that same dude saying "Def Jam bought half of Jay-Z's albums blah, blah, blah."
roll.gif

50 lost. He stays relevant by beefing with everyone. If he was more of an artist instead of being a comedian he would be irrelevant.

Originally Posted by EvansST

Exactly.

Exactly!

Harlem is that same dude saying "Def Jam bought half of Jay-Z's albums blah, blah, blah."
roll.gif

50 lost. He stays relevant by beefing with everyone. If he was more of an artist instead of being a comedian he would be irrelevant.

Record Sales Inflation Scheme

I was just telling someone that Soundscan largely solved the significant problem of falsified sales figures for chart position, and then this turns up:

Independent music retailers are fabricating numbers reported to Nielsen Soundscan, inflating the number of albums sold by music labels such as white-hot Island Def Jam, The Post has learned.
It's not clear who is behind the scheme, which involves shipping boxes of albums for free to some independent retailers, according to well-placed sources.
The retailers reap all the profits from the sale of the extra albums, and in exchange report bogus figures to Nielsen Soundscan, the standard reporting agency for the record industry, the sources say.

The record labels do not receive any income from the sale of the albums shipped free, nor do they profit directly from the bogus figures reported to Soundscan.

Labels could benefit from the bogus numbers, however, if they served to propel a record up the charts, boosting radio play and sales. Industry sources say Nielsen Soundscan numbers are typically factored into bonuses. But a spokesperson for Universal, the parent of Island Def Jam, said its executive compensation is not linked to the numbers and never has been.
This sounds like a darn fine deal for the retailers: free goods for overreporting - why not?
In one example of the sales inflation, an indie retailer in the Southeast recently reported to Nielsen Soundscan that it had sold roughly 3,000 percent more copies of Jay-Z's new album, "Blueprint 2" - an Island Def Jam release - than it actually did, according to sources both at the retail level and close to Universal.
The scheme was verified by another indie retailer in the Southeast, which typically reports to Nielsen Soundscan triple the amount actually sold. For example, this store sold roughly 50 copies of Jay-Z's album recently, but scanned 150 for Nielsen Soundscan.

This source says the practice has been ongoing for about three years, and is not limited to Island Def Jam releases.
Someone somewhere is gaining something concrete we aren't hearing about here. Something is missing for the picture - we don't know the whole motive yet.
Fine reporting by by Tom Arango in the NY Post nonetheless.

Did Def Jam really cheat in the numbers game?

A lawsuit alledged that Def Jam was cheating with album sales and soundscan back in 2004 and in 2007 an agreement was made. I'm just sayin.

The LA Times published an article in 2004 regarding a lawsuit in which a former record exec accused the major label of using her as the "front man" for Giaco, a company hired by Def Jam to artifically inflate album sales to significantly affect the pop charts. She alledged that to do so, they would induce merchants to repeatedly swipe the CDs across scanning machines that are tools used by Nielsen Soundscan, the company responsible for reporting sales figures. The complaint named Universal, Def Jam, Giaco President Joe Giaco, and Def Jam executives such as Kevin Liles and Mignon Espy. That was a pretty hefty claim to put before the world much less a judge.

Thank you Thisis50.com, in 2007 the suit was settled...literally. Both parties came to an agreement and the cass was tossed out of court. According to Vibe Magazine, the accuser claimes she would not "discuss, publish, or disseminate to any party the claims and allegations". Thisis50 points out the peculiarity of this case and how under wraps it was from 2004 to this day. We are talking about the number one label for hiphop. This is the same label that Jay-Z was president of. Multi-millions of dollars would stand to be lost if in fact the allegations were true, yet it never made it to court for a third unbiased party to decide. But! I'm just saying. We can only conclude what the evidence allows.

It is also ironic that KRS-One has recently spoken out against Def Jam ... sort of. Here's what he had to say (courtesy of XXL Magazine): http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=58416

For more info: http://articles.latimes.com/2004/jan/29/business/fi-defjam29 , http://thisis50.ning.com/profiles/blogs/did-def-jam-cheat-old-lawsuit

Baby by me is his highest DEBUT single for first week in his career. Debut single now so in the club and stuff peaked up to number 1 but didnt hit first weekas high

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

I just feel like he leaked the album on his own...because he knew, he knew his sales would be unflattering so what better excuse than leaking it a month in advance...and throwin out a weak new release date

Correct He knew He wouldn't outsell Rhianna, (& whoever else droppe that day) so He leaked the album to get a different release date. He also leakedthe album so that He would have an excuse for the poor album sales!!! He is pretty smart but I'm about tired of Him.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

I just feel like he leaked the album on his own...because he knew, he knew his sales would be unflattering so what better excuse than leaking it a month in advance...and throwin out a weak new release date

Correct He knew He wouldn't outsell Rhianna, (& whoever else droppe that day) so He leaked the album to get a different release date. He also leaked the album so that He would have an excuse for the poor album sales!!! He is pretty smart but I'm about tired of Him.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The SAME guys that will buy into a BONEhead theory like that are the SAME cats that aren't willing toaccept the fact that Def Jam cheated on Soundscans for the past decade
eyes.gif

So did 50 leak his previous 3 albums also?? Because EVERYone of his albums has been leaked EARLY and the date was moved up(with the exception of Curtis, for obvious reasons)...

What does Def Jam cheating Soundscan have to do w/ this? You saying Def Jam cheated so 50 is going to cheat? & I don't buy his album leaking out amonth early on accident. IMO it was apart of his promotion (& an excuse)

Back
Top Bottom