50 "cross trainers" that need to be retroed. Get to work Nike

Air Mission, Speed Turf Max, Pillars, 94 Huarache, Barrage, Diamond Turf 2, and Diamond Fury all would be copped in a heartbeat.

Air Mission, Speed Turf Max, Pillars, 94 Huarache, Barrage, Diamond Turf 2, and Diamond Fury all would be copped in a heartbeat.

Very nice list, I agree with almost all of these other than some of the turf model which would definitely flop even with good colorways and materials. As for the rest, nike would really have to use real leather on them. Im still convinced that the reason many retros fail isn't because people have forgotten the models or because the designs are dated, its because they just look straight up cheap these days.

Very nice list, I agree with almost all of these other than some of the turf model which would definitely flop even with good colorways and materials. As for the rest, nike would really have to use real leather on them. Im still convinced that the reason many retros fail isn't because people have forgotten the models or because the designs are dated, its because they just look straight up cheap these days.

Originally Posted by suguruvstotoro

Originally Posted by green rhino123

Originally Posted by air max 87

wally while for the most part i agree with your post, like the Griffey Diamond Joints are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

but for the most part trainers dont sell, the last few retros of trainers have ended up discounted and outlet bound (thats not to say it doesnt happen with all shoes, but more so these shoes)

the trainers market is fickle, the only people i see rocking trainers are us "the sneaker community" and trainers do ALRIGHT in the hood because thats what we grew up on
pimp.gif

i think alot of those you mentioned would bomb and end up like alot of the previous retro trainers in outlets for dirty cheap ($20 - $30)
I don't know what identifying a sound business strategy has to do with consumers wanting a specific product. Maybe you are in tune with markets and the business world but your speculation
does nothing to help the cause.

Agree with you green rhino123.
No one opened a thread asking for some Air Tech Challege Hybrids and Nike released'em.
There's a lot of releases no one's waiting but Nike drops'em. There's a lot of releases that people are waiting and the result is a fail because of the retro quality (ATC IIIs, for example)...
At least there's a lot trainer fans here that ask for some quality trainer retros.
Nike itself told everyone they care about cross training dropping trainer 1s, 1.2s (and 1.3 in the near future).
If Nike think that cross trainer "market is fickle" why would they start the whole campaign for a new trainer...?

The question here is DOES NIKE REALLY CARE ABOUT CROSS TRAINERS?
to increase sales on a down market...

Originally Posted by suguruvstotoro

Originally Posted by green rhino123

Originally Posted by air max 87

wally while for the most part i agree with your post, like the Griffey Diamond Joints are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

but for the most part trainers dont sell, the last few retros of trainers have ended up discounted and outlet bound (thats not to say it doesnt happen with all shoes, but more so these shoes)

the trainers market is fickle, the only people i see rocking trainers are us "the sneaker community" and trainers do ALRIGHT in the hood because thats what we grew up on
pimp.gif

i think alot of those you mentioned would bomb and end up like alot of the previous retro trainers in outlets for dirty cheap ($20 - $30)
I don't know what identifying a sound business strategy has to do with consumers wanting a specific product. Maybe you are in tune with markets and the business world but your speculation
does nothing to help the cause.

Agree with you green rhino123.
No one opened a thread asking for some Air Tech Challege Hybrids and Nike released'em.
There's a lot of releases no one's waiting but Nike drops'em. There's a lot of releases that people are waiting and the result is a fail because of the retro quality (ATC IIIs, for example)...
At least there's a lot trainer fans here that ask for some quality trainer retros.
Nike itself told everyone they care about cross training dropping trainer 1s, 1.2s (and 1.3 in the near future).
If Nike think that cross trainer "market is fickle" why would they start the whole campaign for a new trainer...?

The question here is DOES NIKE REALLY CARE ABOUT CROSS TRAINERS?
to increase sales on a down market...

WallyHopp:
1994 Air Trainer Huarache:
1994%20Air-Trainer-Huarache-lapis-173028-101-1large.jpg

-Same release year as the Carnivore. This one also laceless with only velcro holding you down.
Yyyyyyyeeeep.

My pair:

Can't see it in the pics, but the soles are separating from the upper... and I HATE IT!!
laugh.gif

Get on it, Nike!

WallyHopp:
1994 Air Trainer Huarache:
1994%20Air-Trainer-Huarache-lapis-173028-101-1large.jpg

-Same release year as the Carnivore. This one also laceless with only velcro holding you down.
Yyyyyyyeeeep.

My pair:

Can't see it in the pics, but the soles are separating from the upper... and I HATE IT!!
laugh.gif

Get on it, Nike!

^^glue it back on 
happy.gif

'93 air trainer max would be butchered with the new air units but i would still cop
embarassed.gif

^^glue it back on 
happy.gif

'93 air trainer max would be butchered with the new air units but i would still cop
embarassed.gif

Maaan what a beautiful thread....it just shows me how friggin lazy nike is in several departments!...i mean i would LOVE to have most of these

shoes back on shelves!(especially the pillars lol) but the quality issue goes w/o saying.

then i think of the past few years and the new silhouettes they've had...they dont even come close to any of this stuff

the designers lack true imagination with the new products. Less quality+higher prices???? and we the consumer

let them get away with this....truly sad.

Maaan what a beautiful thread....it just shows me how friggin lazy nike is in several departments!...i mean i would LOVE to have most of these

shoes back on shelves!(especially the pillars lol) but the quality issue goes w/o saying.

then i think of the past few years and the new silhouettes they've had...they dont even come close to any of this stuff

the designers lack true imagination with the new products. Less quality+higher prices???? and we the consumer

let them get away with this....truly sad.

Ska, took you long enough to post those...
laugh.gif

The minute I saw Wally's pic, I was expecting you to jump in...

laugh.gif

This is the colorway I was talking about. Kids at my school went berzerk over these, everyone had a pair (except me). I need these bad.

Grape-Ice-1large-1226288389.jpg

Air Turmoil Mid- Black/White-Grape Ice-Canyon Gold

This is the colorway I was talking about. Kids at my school went berzerk over these, everyone had a pair (except me). I need these bad.

SinnerP:
laugh.gif

I swear I love that freaking shoe so much.
smokin.gif

SinnerP:
laugh.gif

I swear I love that freaking shoe so much.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by bull3t

wow those are hard i like the reds too ille take any pair i can get at this point.

Back
Top Bottom