50 Years Ago: The World in 1963

This is exactly what I think when I see a congress and senate full of old white men. They made a decision along time ago.
true... thats why america is like this now... those old men with their old fashion racism made its way into the white house and senate/H.O.R

and its sad to see that america is still divided today.... its no denying that

2013-01-20t170622z_268443140_tb3e91k1bigo2_rtrmadp_3_usa-inauguration.jpg
lol i think michelle is wearing a wig though

The death of John F Kennedy angers and saddens me more and more every time I see it...

Last edited:
60's was really racist wow :smh:

I too wonder about all those racist people if they changed their views and also if they remained with those same racist view did they force their racist beliefs onto their children.

They haven't changed their views, never will. Racism like religion will only go away in time. The older racist and religious generations need to die off for these things to go away. The younger generations are no where near as racist and NONE of them go to church. Obviously there are those people here and there but they too will die off one day until eventually its very very minimal. Even though they are similar I think religion is deteriating quicker than racism. And I think that's cause it's easier to stereotype with race than religion because obviously I can look at you and know what race you are where as I wouldn't know what you beleive.

This.

I've encounted a handful of racist old white folks, they talk to me differently, they look at me differently and their awkward gestures are noticeable.

But I never once got angry about it. Because I know the era they grew up in, they are still not accustom to what their era grew up to be.

I distinctly remember one time I was waiting in line to pay for my groceries, there was this young black kid in front me (ofcourse I was colored too) and this old white man tried to get in front us. I said "Sir, he's been waiting in line way before us"

Do you know what this man's response was?

He laughed in my face and said "if you were alive in my days and spoke out of your turn like you just did..*smirked*.. well, the 2 of you wouldn't even be alive"

I smiled and said, "Well Sir, times has changed! This time, you will wait your turn... because a black kid and a brown man is in front of you"

I have one of the most mild mannered tempers ever but I would've lost it on the old man.

This.

I've encounted a handful of racist old white folks, they talk to me differently, they look at me differently and their awkward gestures are noticeable.

But I never once got angry about it. Because I know the era they grew up in, they are still not accustom to what their era grew up to be.

I distinctly remember one time I was waiting in line to pay for my groceries, there was this young black kid in front me (ofcourse I was colored too) and this old white man tried to get in front us. I said "Sir, he's been waiting in line way before us"

Do you know what this man's response was?

He laughed in my face and said "if you were alive in my days and spoke out of your turn like you just did..*smirked*.. well, the 2 of you wouldn't even be alive"

I smiled and said, "Well Sir, times has changed! This time, you will wait your turn... because a black kid and a brown man is in front of you"

I have one of the most mild mannered tempers ever but I would've lost it on the old man.

I'm not gonna lie, I was offended and I was upset. But honestly what else could I have done? These baby boomers were born during the era of racism, so surely it was expected.

Damn, looking at these pics, thinking to myself, this was just 50 years ago?.

I'll be the first to admit that I have occasionally taken for granted, these civil right liberties that others fought so hard for.

Seeing some of these pics really puts things in perspective.

The 60s always seemed like the most interesting decade, given everything that happened. Great pics.

Sometimes it trips me out how comfortable we are in a state that used to abuse us, own us, and treated us like payment. We are now in a position of opportunity in that state, we have crossed the threshold. We forgive but never forget what has been done to us. A lot of the negativity the black race face from mountains of scrutiny can be traced back to our history. Many are still hurt and severely scared. Being apart of this race I know we ill persevere and build.
Man "they" still don't want us here. We know that. But yea, it is wild when you think of how we were treated. SMH

Damn, looking at these pics, thinking to myself, this was just 50 years ago?.

I'll be the first to admit that I have occasionally taken for granted, these civil right liberties that others fought so hard for.

Seeing some of these pics really puts things in perspective.

Like you said, it really is crazy that all that was JUST 50 years ago.

I really wish hats and suits was still the style.

I hear JFK killed the style. He refused to wear these hats b/c he didn't want to mess up his hair and everyone else followed in his footsteps. True?

never heard of that, but dudes used to be pretty dapper in those times.

I really wish hats and suits was still the style.

I hear JFK killed the style. He refused to wear these hats b/c he didn't want to mess up his hair and everyone else followed in his footsteps. True?
What is stopping you from bringing it back in style?

It's crazy to think that there as doctors, lawyers, teachers that could openly say they don't want to work on or with black people. Imagine that transition :smh: the first few patients son was cussing under his breath.

Back
Top Bottom