$500 Amex Auto gift card for the price of a $50 (Amex cardholders, points)

Don't say I never tried to help you guys.

It says you can only combine cards up to an amount of $2,000 for a single car purchase though... so I ordered four. We'll see if they don't cancel though.

It says you can only combine cards up to an amount of $2,000 for a single car purchase though... so I ordered four. We'll see if they don't cancel though.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So for $200 and 5000 points....you get $2000 towards a car?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I bet you cant use that with dealer discounts and rebates either...............
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So for $200 and 5000 points....you get $2000 towards a car?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I bet you cant use that with dealer discounts and rebates either...............
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
[/font]

If they calculate the points the same way when you buy airline tickets, then I believe that that gift card actually cost 50,000 points. You only get  10 dollars for every 1,000 points.  They got me like that before on some concert tickets and I ended up having a balance due that was charged to my card. It doesn't tell you when you order the gift card but it will be on your statement. I hope you didn't order unless you actually have the points to cover it.
ohwell.gif

If they calculate the points the same way when you buy airline tickets, then I believe that that gift card actually cost 50,000 points. You only get  10 dollars for every 1,000 points.  They got me like that before on some concert tickets and I ended up having a balance due that was charged to my card. It doesn't tell you when you order the gift card but it will be on your statement. I hope you didn't order unless you actually have the points to cover it.
ohwell.gif

They had the $500 gift cards selling for the same amount of points as a $50 gift card. That is, when I chose the higher denomination for the gift card and pressed 'update' the amount of points they wanted remained the same (as you can see by the screenshots I posted above). I ordered four $500 (total $2,000) for 20,000 points. Waiting to see if they cancel it or try to remedy it before I get them though.

They had the $500 gift cards selling for the same amount of points as a $50 gift card. That is, when I chose the higher denomination for the gift card and pressed 'update' the amount of points they wanted remained the same (as you can see by the screenshots I posted above). I ordered four $500 (total $2,000) for 20,000 points. Waiting to see if they cancel it or try to remedy it before I get them though.

Back
Top Bottom