52% of Young Adults (18-29) Live W/ Their Parents: The Highest Rate Ever Surpassing Even the Great Depression

Out of all those places you've resided, which would you say had the best overall quality of life?

Hong Kong: Incredible night life. Lots of working opportunities, great food options

Singapore: SUPER clean city (you can eat off the street), pretty great place to raise a family, but not the BEST place if you're young and looking for variety

Switzerland: Lots of potential to earn BIG money. People are very friendly, and the entire country looks like an art portrait

Australia: Depending on where you are, the weather is really nice. Lot's of things to do, but there's this underlining racist culture down there that really turned me off.

Canada (Vancouver): Very scenic, dope food, dope people, dope weed, and the women are pretty awesome. Pricey to live in, but if you make good money, you'll be happy

Belgium & Germany: Depending on where you live, it can be great. Lot's of earning potential, but the language barrier is tough, because a lot of people do not speak English.

If had to pick1 country, It's probably be Switzerland. I don't mind the cold and I'm an avid snowboarder. Also, there was this Scandinavian woman I dated for a few months while I was out there. Best top I've ever received from any woman in my life. Not even into white women like that either.

It’ll only continue to get worse. GOP tricked their own base into believing trickle down economics works meanwhile they’ve been siphoning wealth towards corporations for decades and only a wealthy few benefit from it. North America imo is well on its way to becoming a third world country for regular folks.

If I moved back home and just could get off rent + electric + gas + internet + water/trash/sewer and hell I guess + day care since both of my parents are retired they can watch the baby, just off the top of my head I'd save like 35k a year.

hmmm-thinking.gif

Hong Kong: Incredible night life. Lots of working opportunities, great food options

Singapore: SUPER clean city (you can eat off the street), pretty great place to raise a family, but not the BEST place if you're young and looking for variety

Switzerland: Lots of potential to earn BIG money. People are very friendly, and the entire country looks like an art portrait

Australia: Depending on where you are, the weather is really nice. Lot's of things to do, but there's this underlining racist culture down there that really turned me off.

Canada (Vancouver): Very scenic, dope food, dope people, dope weed, and the women are pretty awesome. Pricey to live in, but if you make good money, you'll be happy

Belgium & Germany: Depending on where you live, it can be great. Lot's of earning potential, but the language barrier is tough, because a lot of people do not speak English.

If had to pick1 country, It's probably be Switzerland. I don't mind the cold and I'm an avid snowboarder. Also, there was this Scandinavian woman I dated for a few months while I was out there. Best top I've ever received from any woman in my life. Not even into white women like that either.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This sentence got me.

This review sounding like it is straight off of Yelp. "One of the best pieces of cake I have ever had, and I'm not even a big dessert person either"

Last edited:

Dudes would live in Yemen if the top game deemed it necessary :lol:

People need to swallow their pride and move to cheaper parts of the country?
THIS

I was raised in Seattle, and as soon as I finished college I moved my *** south. My mom used to try to persuade me to move back until she realized it would never happen.You can live like a king here for what a shack in the hood costs there…
I know some people literally are not able to leave their family for personal reasons… but besides that, move your ***

Now do the percentage of Filipino Young Adults living with their parents. I say > 65% lol

Income better go up 1.6x then. Or else you're going to have a lot of broke/homeless folks.
And we both know it won't. Inflation explodes like that, the first lever that will be pulled to save profits is employee comp which in most cases is their biggest expense.

Imagine everything costing 1.6 times as much ten years from now and the stuff that you really depend on far exceeding that number.

between inflation and shortages, everything I'm reading and hearing says get any essential electronics and gadgets now.

gonna be a very interesting consumer holiday season.

Companies are about to pay people less with all this at home working. They’ll give you a laptop and pay you less while they save on the cost of rent.

Honestly, it's not a bad trade off.

You save money on gas, tolls and/or mass transit fares. The company I own is downsizing our office space. 85% of staff will be WFH. We will not be cutting peoples salaries.

Although, the next wave of hire's will probably see a 5-7% drop in usual comp.

Nothing wrong with living at home as long as you’re being responsible with your money and not just using it as a means to buy things that you wouldn't be able to afford otherwise.

In hindsight, one of the dumber decisions I made was rushing out of the house once I graduated and got a job.

Imagine everything costing 1.6 times as much ten years from now and the stuff that you really depend on far exceeding that number.

I don't like this tweet because it applies the NY Fed Reserve economist are forecasting that level of inflation when the number is coming from a survey of consumers that the NY Fed runs

Consumers think inflation will hit that level. That matters because expectations drive inflation too, but consumers tend to think current trends will always forecast forward.

The Fed's official stance on inflation is their target is still 2% long-term, and much of the inflation we are seeing this year is transitory. Where that is true, we will see. I think some of it won't be, but most will. But I am getting sure that I was months ago.

Furthermore, if employers cut employee pay as a response to inflation, that usually pushes inflation down. Usually, the concern with inflation rising is employers doing the opposite, which creates a feedback loop that creates more inflation. If that happens, the Fed might need to trigger a recession, a long hard one, to kill it.

Rent prices I think have moved to a new high unless there is a major boost in supply. If renters get used to paying such high prices, landlords will have no incentive to lower rents.

Rent is weird when it comes to inflation because in the short run is applies downward pressure to consumer spending which pushes down inflation. But in the long run it makes workers demand higher wages which could add to the inflation problem.

To be honest, if we are concerned about inflation we need to get Covid under control, suspend whatever Trump tariffs are still in place, get the global supply chain back in order, then invest in industrial policy to decrease production frictions, and lower the cost of consumer good driving the increases.

Last edited:
Oh I didn't mean cut comp I meant fire people. But by and large I agree with what you said.

Inflation is also super fake to me, it's not bounded in day to day life.

My econ knowledge is baseline at most so I won't claim to have the answers other than just invest all you can and try and beat inflation

I don't like this tweet because it applies the NY Fed Reserve economist are forecasting that level of inflation when the number is coming from a survey of consumers that the NY Fed runs

Consumers think inflation will hit that level. That matters because expectations drive inflation too, but consumers tend to think current trends will always forecast forward.

The Fed's official stance on inflation is their target is still 2% long-term, and much of the inflation we are seeing this year is transitory. Where that is true, we will see. I think some of it won't be, but most will. But I am getting sure that I was months ago.

Furthermore, if employers cut employee pay as a response to inflation, that usually pushes inflation down. Usually, the concern with inflation rising is employers doing the opposite, which creates a feedback loop that creates more inflation. If that happens, the Fed might need to trigger a recession, a long hard one, to kill it.

Rent prices I think have moved to a new high unless there is a major boost in supply. If renters get used to paying such high prices, landlords will have no incentive to lower rents.

Rent is weird when it comes to inflation because in the short run is applies downward pressure to consumer spending which pushes down inflation. But in the long run it makes workers demand higher wages which could add to the inflation problem.

To be honest, if we are concerned about inflation we need to get Covid under control, suspend whatever Trump tariffs are still in place, get the global supply chain back in order, then invest in industrial policy to decrease production frictions, and lower the cost of consumer good driving the increase.

All great ideas, but It's really tough to carry it all out. Too many people have personal interests in-line.

We know there won't be a push to build real estate, because it always gets shut down by landlords and/or homeowners. And the push to invest in industrial policy is a far cry from the sentiment we once had about this issue generations ago. I personally think left-winged politics are to blame.

I do agree we need to have a long recession to "correct" whatever mess we're currently in, but I have a sense the Fed believes that would put us down a dark road of depression, which many American's aren't prepared for. I'm hearing there's fear of irreparable damage if we do so (too much stimulus, too much inorganic growth from stimulated spending, and now you have a disinterested and unmotivated workforce). Might not be the best decision for us in the short-term, but it's the solution we'll need for the long-term.

Last edited:

You save money on gas, tolls and/or mass transit fares. The company I own is downsizing our office space. 85% of staff will be WFH. We will not be cutting peoples salaries.

For me it's not even about the money saved from not driving. It's about keeping my sanity from not having to sit in bumper to bumper traffic twice a day, 5 days a week. That's way more important to me

In theory yes. I don’t foresee companies using this to benefit employees 🤷🏽‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom