52 Weeks Savings Challenge (2024 Edition)

Which challenge will you do?

• $1378

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • $2500

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • $5000

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • $7000

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • $10,000

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • Custom Challenge

Votes: 16 17.8%

• Total voters
original.gif

Hit 5k last month. On track for 10 by June, but I plan to get by girl a ring this year. So, I'm shooting for 10k this year. The good this is that I'll get a promotion this year and i should be done with child support in June. All extra proceeds will go into savings.
Early congrats on the engagement and congrats on being done with child support.

Anybody pay/savings going to be affect due to all the closings happening?

Since I'm in IT support I'm working the whole time and then some (getting as much OT as possible even if nobody is in office). I already have enough rent saved for 5 months so I'll probably be throwing 1k in a month

Im behind a couple weeks but i will make a deposit Monday and be caught up.

Cant remember if i posted this or not but back when we started for the year i was looking for high yield savings accts. Ended up coming across a cpl at 2%, did research on those banks (neither of which have a branch in my state). By the time i was ready to take the plunge their 2% had dropped to 1.8 and 1.7 :smh:

So i missed out but i went with capital one. No card, no atm, no branch so the money isnt easily accessible. And also something i dont really think of until i make my deposits every other week.

Early congrats on the engagement and congrats on being done with child support.

Anybody pay/savings going to be affect due to all the closings happening?

Since I'm in IT support I'm working the whole time and then some (getting as much OT as possible even if nobody is in office). I already have enough rent saved for 5 months so I'll probably be throwing 1k in a month
Naw I can essentially do my job remotely. I have sweet set up in the office and rather be in there.

Back
Top Bottom